Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 16, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #34,351 of 62,554
Tuning is one thing, but fit would probably be the same. And while I get a great fit with the Mifo o5, the o7 are too ‘shallow’, the only way I get a decent seal is with different tips which then makes the buds not fit into the case. Since I still have the original box I am actively trying to sell them, but there is no market / demand here for niche TwS … ppl either want flashy brand names or cheap.
That's useful info. Considering the Club Pro+ are on the shallower end, I wonder if fit is similar. Guess we'll find out and, worst case, I'm sure I know someone who would appreciate these if they end up not being my thing.

Jun 16, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #34,353 of 62,554
Thinking of picking up the Devialet Gemini. Might need a replacement for my KEFs if I need to send them back for repair/replace.

good sound? ANC?
Yes, Great sound. Good ANC. I think you will be pleased. I think they are right there with the pI7.

Jun 16, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #34,356 of 62,554
Thinking of picking up the Devialet Gemini. Might need a replacement for my KEFs if I need to send them back for repair/replace.

good sound? ANC?
Sounds like everything's good to go now that they got past the initial problems (which firmware corrected). I'd take the recommendations you're getting for them on faith and will admit that I wouldn't mind a pair myself. Just makes more sense, with what I have, to wait a generation or two and see what happens.

Besides, I'll never get my Hero if I keep burning my free cash at this rate hahaha. I swear, after the HiBy, I've got to be done with buying stuff for a while.
Enjoying the Melomania Touch’s. SQ is really impressive. For those who said they sound better than the Sony, you may be right. I’m thinking these may be the elusive biking set I’ve been looking for.
I remember we were on the fence about it previously due to the potential for wind noise with that bottom protrusion. Is that not the case? If so, awesome! Glad you're liking them. Stock tips or something else?

Jun 16, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #34,357 of 62,554
Sounds like everything's good to go now that they got past the initial problems (which firmware corrected). I'd take the recommendations you're getting for them on faith and will admit that I wouldn't mind a pair myself. Just makes more sense, with what I have, to wait a generation or two and see what happens.

Besides, I'll never get my Hero if I keep burning my free cash at this rate hahaha. I swear, after the HiBy, I've got to be done with buying stuff for a while.

I remember we were on the fence about it previously due to the potential for wind noise with that bottom protrusion. Is that not the case? If so, awesome! Glad you're liking them. Stock tips or something else?
Gonna give them a run tonight. The M5 generated a lot of wind noise for me. I’ll start with stock tips and go from there. Fingers crossed.

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #34,358 of 62,554
I'll be returning my XM4 next week as well and picking up the MTW2 instead. The XM4s sound great on some tracks and others sound like Sh!t. I've also had 3 different software glitches that shouldn't happen. I'm just not feeling these.
I have the MTW1 and like those and are super comfy and can only assume that the MTW2 will be much better especially battery life.

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #34,359 of 62,554
Yes, Great sound. Good ANC. I think you will be pleased. I think they are right there with the pI7.
How do you think the XM4 ANC compares? After reading this review it seems they both have proprietary tech to handle higher frequencies. I'm guessing the Sonys have better passive isolation from the foam tips at but maybe sacrificing comfort in the bargain.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #34,360 of 62,554
Looks like there's one slot left for the HiBy WH2 2-pack...thought that one would have sold out by now. Using the WH3 as a metric, $100 each isn't too shabby. Looks like they go up $10 each after that tier:

http://kck.st/3pSgCeI

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #34,361 of 62,554
How do you think the XM4 ANC compares? After reading this review it seems they both have proprietary tech to handle higher frequencies. I'm guessing the Sonys have better passive isolation from the foam tips at but maybe sacrificing comfort in the bargain.
That would be an interesting comparison! Although I hate the sound of the XM3’s. Don’t know why I haven’t sold or gotten rid of them

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #34,362 of 62,554
Gonna give them a run tonight. The M5 generated a lot of wind noise for me. I’ll start with stock tips and go from there. Fingers crossed.
Highly recommend the Devialet Gemini. Number one favorite in my collection. ANC is awesome. Soundstage is huge. EQ set to Dynamic and I’m amazed at how good they sound. All firmware issues have been resolved. I bought them from Crutchfield and they arrived with the firmware already updated.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #34,363 of 62,554
I'll be returning my XM4 next week as well and picking up the MTW2 instead. The XM4s sound great on some tracks and others sound like Sh!t. I've also had 3 different software glitches that shouldn't happen. I'm just not feeling these.
I have the MTW1 and like those and are super comfy and can only assume that the MTW2 will be much better especially battery life.
I have noticed this as well. Any ideas why the xm4 sq varies from track to track? It is bizarre. No software issues here.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #34,364 of 62,554
Highly recommend the Devialet Gemini. Number one favorite in my collection. ANC is awesome. Soundstage is huge. EQ set to Dynamic and I’m amazed at how good they sound. All firmware issues have been resolved. I bought them from Crutchfield and they arrived with the firmware already updated.
Trying to catch up, Erockg have you heard the Sony and pI7?

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #34,365 of 62,554
I have noticed this as well. Any ideas why the xm4 sq varies from track to track? It is bizarre. No software issues here.
Is it possible LDAC is floating bitrates between tracks? Wondering if it's going from 660 on one to 990 on another to 330 on yet another and you're able to hear changes in volume as a result.

It's really interesting...seems like aptX Adaptive and LDAC might be able to reveal some sort of compression artifacting/general BT weirdness once the TWS is capable of rendering it.

Or it's just a bug. Totally would never be a bug...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back