Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 1, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #31,396 of 63,246
Here's some pictures of that new setup guide, for anybody interested:
IMG_20210401_121645__01.jpg
IMG_20210401_121658__01.jpg

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #31,397 of 63,246
Those directions don't seem any different than regular BT IEMs 😂 Congrats on your Senns as well. May April bring you more bundles of TWS :wink:

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #31,398 of 63,246
One slight negative to the KEFs, if you can even call it that. I tried swapping the included tips for my favorite Acoustune AET08's. They sounded amazing but the with the large size, the case didn't close at all. I tried the mediums and they case came really close to closing but you could see a crack and they didn't consistently charge. Thought about cutting a few millimeters off the end of the AET08 tip to see if that might help

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #31,399 of 63,246
Those directions don't seem any different than regular BT IEMs 😂 Congrats on your Senns as well. May April bring you more bundles of TWS :wink:
I'm very confused as well. Looks like they wanted to do something quick, because that card is on the outside of the shrink-wrap.

I think this month just needs to bring me the rest of what I ordered and I'll be okay. No more or I'm going to drive the wife off into another one of her buying sprees.

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #31,400 of 63,246
I'm very confused as well. Looks like they wanted to do something quick, because that card is on the outside of the shrink-wrap.

I think this month just needs to bring me the rest of what I ordered and I'll be okay. No more or I'm going to drive the wife off into another one of her buying sprees.
Yeah, it is odd. I know a lot of BT headphones with apps want you to connect using the app rather than the regular way first (the V-Moda M-200 was the last headphone I had that wanted this). Maybe they had a bunch of people trying to connect using the app instead of standard BT protocol? IDK.

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #31,401 of 63,246
Yeah, it is odd. I know a lot of BT headphones with apps want you to connect using the app rather than the regular way first (the V-Moda M-200 was the last headphone I had that wanted this). Maybe they had a bunch of people trying to connect using the app instead of standard BT protocol? IDK.
Knowing what Apple has done to the general consumers' expectation bias, that wouldn't surprise me.

For the lurkers out there, if you want the thing where it auto-pairs when you open the lid, you need a pair that supports the feature. I know the JBL Club Pro+ and Pixel Buds 2 support it, but that's usually a "premium" feature.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #31,402 of 63,246
Knowing what Apple has done to the general consumers' expectation bias, that wouldn't surprise me.

For the lurkers out there, if you want the thing where it auto-pairs when you open the lid, you need a pair that supports the feature. I know the JBL Club Pro+ and Pixel Buds 2 support it, but that's usually a "premium" feature.

Apple really doesn't have an app either though. Apple uses NFC and BT to just tell you the headphones is near :p It is really nice the way it works. Most TWS actually have the auto-power on and auto-power off feature. It's not difficult to implement, use the charging as a trigger/switch.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #31,403 of 63,246
Here we go...I actually had to open the box to make sure I wasn't being punked. Then I had to open the box inside of that box. Then I had to open the charging case to be sure. Can someone pinch me?

There's a set of CX400BT in there...I thought UPS declared them damaged, though? The plot thickens...

Oh yeah, and My Morning Jacket just issued the 20th anniversary release of At Dawn. I'm in a parallel universe or something.

Also found this interesting. Looks like Cambridge has added to their packaging:
I got the same thing with my new pair (returned the first). My guess is maybe buyers were not following their specific OOB connection process, so they added it after the fact in a way no one could miss. Seems the only logical thing.

I've had no issues with connectivity this time, updated the FW out of the box. Loving the sound actually, maybe a bit bass-heavy, but not in an offensive way. Hard to decide if I favor the Melomania 1+ or the Touch, but both are staying here.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #31,404 of 63,246
I got the same thing with my new pair (returned the first). My guess is maybe buyers were not following their specific OOB connection process, so they added it after the fact in a way no one could miss. Seems the only logical thing.

I've had no issues with connectivity this time, updated the FW out of the box. Loving the sound actually, maybe a bit bass-heavy, but not in an offensive way. Hard to decide if I favor the Melomania 1+ or the Touch, but both are staying here.
I recommended both to a friend, recently. Had lent him the Soundcore Q30 and wasn't aware this was his first time not listening to some generic consumer pair of headphones; suffice to say he's now been bit by the bug, so figured the Q30 would be a fitting gift, but told him the MT/M1+ would be leagues better if he was willing to take the plunge (assuming the sound signatures are relatively close).

But here's an odd question...I thought the CX 400BT didn't have HearThrough, but I'm seeing it here on the app's intro stack. I know it didn't have ANC.
Screenshot_20210401-133705.jpg
Also, do all updates usually take an hour? I'm looking at a 41-minute ETA for the completion of this one. Have no idea what the original firmware was; didn't check beforehand.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #31,405 of 63,246
I recommended both to a friend, recently. Had lent him the Soundcore Q30 and wasn't aware this was his first time not listening to some generic consumer pair of headphones; suffice to say he's now been bit by the bug, so figured the Q30 would be a fitting gift, but told him the MT/M1+ would be leagues better if he was willing to take the plunge (assuming the sound signatures are relatively close).

But here's an odd question...I thought the CX 400BT didn't have HearThrough, but I'm seeing it here on the app's intro stack. I know it didn't have ANC.

Also, do all updates usually take an hour? I'm looking at a 41-minute ETA for the completion of this one. Have no idea what the original firmware was; didn't check beforehand.
There was no hearthrough when I owned them.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #31,406 of 63,246

That’s strange, I can’t recall an update that took longer than a few minutes tops. :-/

Or... did they just add Transparency mode in a big update?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #31,408 of 63,246
There was no hearthrough when I owned them.
I've got at least 30 minutes before I can find out for myself. Comfort's not too bad, though there's a clear difference between kinda inserted and really inserted thanks to those shells. I'm going to continue testing it out, but the kinda inserted method might be just fine, in which case Senn knocked it out of the park with regards to comfort.

Apr 1, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #31,409 of 63,246

Status LED #4 - "Right earbud is in case but not charging against contacts, try again."

(congrats on the Senn gift!)

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #31,410 of 63,246
Status LED #4 - "Right earbud is in case but not charging against contacts, try again."

(congrats on the Senn gift!)
:lol: That's probably more accurate. In full disclosure, the left buds seem to pull towards the case with more magnetic force than the right. I have a feeling this might be a systemic thing, but the contacts still engage and the MTs are now fully charged. Looks like I'll have to be more conscientious of the right bud than the left. No creaky case, at least.

And thanks regarding the Senns! Extremely unexpected, definitely appreciated. 27 minutes to go on that update; must have been going for about 20 minutes already. This must be a pretty substantial update. So substantial I can't track down a single Change Notes or article about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back