Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 31, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #31,367 of 62,692
Even the Kanas Pro are built like absolute metallic tanks. They don't stay in worth a damn, but they're definitely tanks. Might have to dig them back up and listen to them for a little bit, but man if they aren't silky smooth with the right tips.

Replacement MTs are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Here's to hoping the hinges and charging contacts all decide to play nicely.
I'm curious too. I have the same issue with charging contacts on the right bud. Not sure if it's worth doing an RMA if most of them have the same issue.

Mar 31, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #31,368 of 62,692
UE Fits EQ isn't working the app? I can't select a preset or use customization. Anybody know why? It says 'scanning.'

Edit: I reinstalled the app, and it's working now.
Sometimes it's an app issue, but I've seen that happen when only one bud is connected to the phone (aka the other is in the case and the lid is closed). Glad you got it figured out.
I'm curious too. I have the same issue with charging contacts on the right bud. Not sure if it's worth doing an RMA if most of them have the same issue.
First pair didn't have issues with the contacts, at least. Just that weird volume thing. Otherwise I loved them for the price. These Falcon Pros kinda just take that signature and clean it up, adding in a whole bunch of resolution. Both are insanely comfortable in my ears. Good options in either price category.

I'd say RMA if you can. Doesn't seem like they have that high a bar for defects before a replacement is warranted. I'm not condoning abuse of the RMA process, though. Just don't live with the issue, even if it seems relatively small. At the very least, it feeds back into the company metrics and hopefully gets you better-built stuff the next time.

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #31,369 of 62,692
First pair didn't have issues with the contacts, at least. Just that weird volume thing. Otherwise I loved them for the price. These Falcon Pros kinda just take that signature and clean it up, adding in a whole bunch of resolution. Both are insanely comfortable in my ears. Good options in either price category.

I'd say RMA if you can. Doesn't seem like they have that high a bar for defects before a replacement is warranted. I'm not condoning abuse of the RMA process, though. Just don't live with the issue, even if it seems relatively small. At the very least, it feeds back into the company metrics and hopefully gets you better-built stuff the next time.
Volume drops for me 50% too as soon as music begins playing after connecting. It might be something intentional rather than a bug, but I don't know. I don't recall it always happening until a month ago. I might ask their customer support - just seems odd. It's not a big deal because I just raise the volume back up a couple ticks and it's solved until next time I reconnect.

The charging issue is why I would RMA though. I often have to lift the bud up and re-drop until the red light is stable blinking. It's fine like 75% of the time on the first drop, but 25% of the time I have to jiggle it or re-drop a 2nd time. It's definitely a quality assurance issue with the case itself.

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #31,370 of 62,692
Volume drops for me 50% too as soon as music begins playing after connecting. It might be something intentional rather than a bug, but I don't know. I don't recall it always happening until a month ago. I might ask their customer support - just seems odd. It's not a big deal because I just raise the volume back up a couple ticks and it's solved until next time I reconnect.

The charging issue is why I would RMA though. I often have to lift the bud up and re-drop until the red light is stable blinking. It's fine like 75% of the time on the first drop, but 25% of the time I have to jiggle it or re-drop a 2nd time. It's definitely a quality assurance issue with the case itself.
If it's physical construction, I'd assume that warrants RMA. Especially when it comes to something that plays into battery maintenance.

Mine wasn't the 50% issue. Volume just jumped all over the place if I pulled a second bud out while music was playing or if I tried to change volume by phone instead of by buds. I think there was an issue with the buds not talking to each other, personally, but we'll see what happens tomorrow. For all I know, could just be my phone being a royal pain.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #31,371 of 62,692
Sometimes it's an app issue, but I've seen that happen when only one bud is connected to the phone (aka the other is in the case and the lid is closed). Glad you got it figured out.
I think it has to do with requiring 'location' info from the phone. I don't like to turn that on because it drains battery. More and more apps are requiring it be on to function normally.

My initial impression isn't great. Can't say I'm impressed.

First of all, I think the custom fit thing is a gimmick. I don't notice much of a difference in fit from it's original shape to after the 'molding.'

As far as sound, I didn't like the stock UE custom EQ. It sounded upper-mids emphasized, and upper-mids wasn't so clean. It didn't sound harsh or anything, but just not all that clean of a response. Didn't notice anything impressive with imaging or soundstage, so probably not so great there.

I don't know why it doesn't have a non-EQ stock setting? Is there a way to turn off EQ? Just shut it off completely? I'm curious how it is with EQ off.

EQ software is quite good. It feels like parametric.

I use USB Audio Player Pro so I do not need UE app for EQ. I EQ on UAPP. The problem is, when I have UAPP on bit-perfect-mode with EQ applied with the UE app, the sound distorts. I just want a setting to turn off the EQ on UE.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #31,372 of 62,692
I think it has to do with requiring 'location' info from the phone. I don't like to turn that on because it drains battery. More and more apps are requiring it be on to function normally.

First of all, I think the custom fit thing is a gimmick. I don't notice much of a difference in fit from it's original shape to after the 'molding.'

As far as sound, I didn't like the stock UE custom EQ. It sounded upper-mids emphasized, and upper-mids wasn't so clean. It didn't sound harsh or anything, but just not all that clean of a response. Didn't notice anything impressive with imaging or soundstage, so probably not so great there.

I don't know why it doesn't have a non-EQ stock setting? Is there a way to turn off EQ? Just shut it off completely? I'm curious how it is with EQ off.

I use USB Audio Player Pro so I do not need UE app for EQ. I EQ on UAPP. The problem is, when I have UAPP on bit-perfect-mode with EQ applied with the UE app, the sound distorts. I just want a setting to turn off the EQ on UE.
If you create a new EQ, it defaults to “flat.” The question is we don’t know if the UE EQ is actually the default non-DSP setup or if the “flat” is the non-DSP setup. In other words, is the UE EQ done by the default driver tuning or added in after the fact using DSP. Or maybe neither of those are actually the non-DSP setup and neither of them are your non-DSP setup. I really only question the UE EQ as if you look at the EQ it does show you exactly what it’s EQ looks like, a bump in the bass and a drop in the treble creating a small emphasis on the upper midrange and adding a slight sweetness to the sound as a whole.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #31,373 of 62,692
Even the Kanas Pro are built like absolute metallic tanks. They don't stay in worth a damn, but they're definitely tanks. Might have to dig them back up and listen to them for a little bit, but man if they aren't silky smooth with the right tips.

Replacement MTs are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Here's to hoping the hinges and charging contacts all decide to play nicely.
Cambridge audio is offering for me to return mine and ship out a new pair.
Alternatively I could just return them to Amazon but might get a pair from same manufacturing batch.
Maybe will just return them altogether and buy them or ometui g better down the road. I don't like having to always be fixing buggy tech.

Mar 31, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #31,374 of 62,692

Stock EQ is wonky. Not sure what's going on with your bit-perfect issue, but maybe dropping the preamp a bit will help?
Cambridge audio is offering for me to return mine and ship out a new pair.
Alternatively I could just return them to Amazon but might get a pair from same manufacturing batch.
Maybe will just return them altogether and buy them or ometui g better down the road. I don't like having to always be fixing buggy tech.
I'd let them do a swap. I understand if you don't want to, though.

Mar 31, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #31,375 of 62,692
@SilverEars I'll add this with the UEs because it was recommended to me as well: give em a chance. I didn't really understand how these made sense until I had made it through a couple albums and realized how much time had really passed. It's one of those sound signatures that isn't necessarily that interesting at first listen, but it grows on you. Reminds me, in a sense, of how my Shure SE530 were equal parts frustrating and rewarding in that regard.

As to whether the "fit" part of it does anything, I can only anecdotally say that there were definite differences between my first and second set of molds. If you're in doubt at all about fit, I'd suggest getting the L2 tips. Made a world of difference for my right ear, as did doing the mold with a slightly open jaw and pushing in slightly.

Mar 31, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #31,376 of 62,692
These Moondrop Blessing 2’s are smacking down the Starfields right now.
PXL_20210324_025045275.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

I've been enjoying the Dusk, although they haven't been getting as much playing time since I just picked up the P1 as well. 😅

All 3 of them ZAX, Dusk, and P1 are great IEMs. They just present music differently.

Still waiting on the UTWS3 to ship... hopefully soon!

Mar 31, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #31,377 of 62,692
PXL_20210324_025045275.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
I've been enjoying the Dusk, although they haven't been getting as much playing time since I just picked up the P1 as well. 😅

All 3 of them ZAX, Dusk, and P1 are great IEMs. They just present music differently.

Still waiting on the UTWS3 to ship... hopefully soon!
The Pinnacle P1, I presume? Tin HiFi made that confusing for everybody else

Mar 31, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #31,379 of 62,692
No the Tin HiFi P1's. I've been missing the planar sound :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Been curious about those. What's the tuning like relative to the T2 Pro?

Screenshot_20210331-205248.jpg
Club Pro+ users, looks like we've got another update. We'll see what this brings

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #31,380 of 62,692
Been curious about those. What's the tuning like relative to the T2 Pro?
Never heard the T2's but they sound pretty neutral. Upper mids and treble are tuned perfectly where it has great detail with no harshness at all. Good for long relaxing sessions. They are a bit bass light and I often find myself turning on the bass boost to compensate and give it overall more body and weight to the sound. They are definitely special and keepers for sure. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back