Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 14, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #2,941 of 62,573
I just bought a pair of Sennheiser TW and I am really imlressed by the sound quality... I also own the Jabra 65T and owned the E8 and I really must say that to my ears, the Senn are really nice...

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #2,942 of 62,573
2.5 hours advertised run time is truly low since we all know it will be even less. No mention of AAC or Aptx. Not moving the needle for me although I like 1More's stuff.
2.5 hours at 50% volume. 1More? You mean, 1 more charge before my workout is done!

No volume controls. BT 4.2.

Doesn't look compelling.

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #2,943 of 62,573
Yes they will fit but as I mentioned in my feedback on the G1s they didn't work for me because the sound got "blocked", possibly because of the "3D" feature of the SpinFits (CP100 here, M and L). I ended up going back to the fairly flimsy looking stock tips and they work ok.

Sennheiser CX compatible tips work well for me on the Havit G1. For instance, these inexpensive "gel" tips, which are my favorite tips for large bore size IEMs:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=sennheiser+cx+gel+tip&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_fsradio2=&LH_LocatedIn=1&_salic=3&LH_SubLocation=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #2,944 of 62,573
So got right about 4 hours of use out of my MTW on first charge playing at around around 50% volume. Pretty happy with that as I will rarely have time to listen to music for 4 hours straight.

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #2,945 of 62,573
Do you get lag watching video? I feel like my Soundcore Liberty Lites are fantastic for the $50 or so I paid, but they are too laggy in videos and unusably laggy on the Switch. No lag at all on the E8, and the tiniest bit of lag on the Senns.
There's a very slight lag, but 100% watchable via Youtube. Even though I haven't tried the MTW, based on your description, it sounds like they're probably on par with those.

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #2,946 of 62,573

Thanks, would you say they are better than the stock tips ? I quite like them after all in L size, they block noise reasonable well without putting too much pressure and give good bass and clarity. I've found that testing one side with one type of tip and the other side with another one can bring out some pretty big differences you wouldn't necessarily notice after swapping tips on both side. WIth that type of testing I've been struck at how "muddy" the sound is with Comply foam tips for instance.

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #2,947 of 62,573
Thanks, would you say they are better than the stock tips ? I quite like them after all in L size, they block noise reasonable well without putting too much pressure and give good bass and clarity. I've found that testing one side with one type of tip and the other side with another one can bring out some pretty big differences you wouldn't necessarily notice after swapping tips on both side. WIth that type of testing I've been struck at how "muddy" the sound is with Comply foam tips for instance.

Can't say, since in my case the stock tips don't fit. These tips are made of very soft material and ime comfier than most other silicone tips.

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #2,948 of 62,573
So this morning in a real quiet enviornment I noticed a bit of static like noise during Patricia Barber song which was a high resolution FLAC file. Tried the song in a normal listening environment and could not hear it. But will listen to the same song on a couple more BT headphones using the same aptx codec to see if they all have the same issue. Pretty sure my NAD HP70 suffers from the same issue but is even more noticeable due to a spike in that area of the sound range which is why I struggle to like that particular headphone. I also wonder if it's a combination of hires flac and how the APTx is managed either by my phone or the chipset on certain BT devices.

At this point I have only heard the issue on the one song so dont feel like the MTW is a problem or no good. But do think it's worth investigating to see what causes the issue.

Other than the one slight issue I have enjoyed using these today. They do isolate better than the AKG N200. So far Zero dropout issues including the one transit spot that has caused issues with other BT devices.

Need to do a WF700N comparison next week. Can say the battery life is considerably better on the MTW already. But will do some isolation testing and a signature analysis.

Edit: just experienced 2 brief disconnects at a train stop. Very brief less than a second each. Still no worse than most BT devices I own. I cant think of any BT device I own that doesn't have this occasionally. So I would say these are as good as anything I have tried and better than most.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #2,950 of 62,573
Ok just listened to the same Patricia Barber song with the N200 and the static noise was present so it appears to be a BT artifact.

Also tested the N200 for distance and the MTW was quite a bit more stable in comparison which is impressive since the MTW has to sync 2 seperate ear pieces.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #2,951 of 62,573
There has to be something wrong with the MTWs. :triportsad:

Tested again with multiple sources, and multiple headsets.

Infected Mushrooms - Avratz (great sound test track) Listen at 8:01 - 8:08 - 08:15 - 08:21 - 08:29.

Other headsets:
SBC: Metallic distortion. You'll hear it like a "prrrrr sound".
AAC/AptX (and wired): Clean as a whistle!

With Sennheiser MTW:
Distortion in both channels with SBC
The same distortion as SBC only in the left channel with AAC/AptX
It's like the left channel is SBC codec, when the right is AAC/AptX. Is that possible?

Anyways... This has to be a codec issue?
Please: Can anyone else confirm this?!

You need to listen to this with good hearing (no tinnitus :beyersmile: ) at high volume level. (at least 85 of 100 to hear it properly)

Dec 15, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #2,954 of 62,573
Theoretically, that's possible. The right earpiece connects to your source via BT AAC/AptX. The left earpiece connects to the right earpiece via NFMI. It's possible that SBC is being used for the NFMI connection.
Very interesting! If that's so, it has to be the explanation!
With all the examples I've posted here, there's definately a difference with SBC and AAC/AptX. Why do you think the SBC codec is introducing this noise/distortion to the bass in my example tracks? Compression "noise"?

Dec 15, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #2,955 of 62,573

I ran the Audacity clipping analyzer on this test track, there's no clipping in the audio stream. Which means the test track itself is clean.

Then I listened to it at high volume on my TRN BT20 + JVC IEMs, both via SBC and AAC. My JVCs didn't distort, but SBC sounded noticeably edgier in treble.

I don't own the MTW, but imo it's possible that the treble artifacts of SBC encoding with this track cause distortion in the MTWs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back