Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #2,926 of 62,583
I contact spinfit and they suggested the C100z tips for the havit g1, so I ordered them

Wonder if the 4 mm diameter is big enough

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #2,928 of 62,583
Yes they will fit but as I mentioned in my feedback on the G1s they didn't work for me because the sound got "blocked", possibly because of the "3D" feature of the SpinFits (CP100 here, M and L). I ended up going back to the fairly flimsy looking stock tips and they work ok.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #2,930 of 62,583
Just ordered the Spinfit for G1, have been using Spinfit on the E8 the last year

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #2,931 of 62,583
Well good luck, did you try those you have on your E8s ?

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #2,932 of 62,583
Dec 14, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,933 of 62,583
ok, well like I wrote the CP100 don't work well at all even though fitting them is not a problem (they are 3.8mm), maybe the CP100Z (4.0mm) will be better, seems unlikely but why not !

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #2,934 of 62,583
Ok, so my MTW charged up and are playing away in my ears. So let me set the stage a bit. I ordered these online back Nov. 30 and I impatiently waited for them to come in. How impatient you ask? During that time I bought the KEF Space One over ear wired ANC headphone and a couple days ago the AKG N200. Now the reason this important is that the KEF are very balanced sounding and the N200 sound... well they sound like an AKG product. Very mid/treble centric or bright.

So I plug in the MTW and get an immediate blast of bass and warmth. It was a bit of a shock after starting to get used to the N200. To say they are opposites is almost an understatement.

So these are definitely on the bass side of the fence. But as I listen I dont think they are as thick sounding as the WF700N (I mentioned WF1000X above but that's not right and I will fix that post). But will confirm that in a day or so when I have a bit more time. So we are talking a warm bass oriented signature that does remind me a bit of my old IE8's but not nearly as dark sounding (warm not dark). These also have a bit of the IE8 3D/sound stage charm. But since I have not had the IE8 in a long time I will not try to even guess how similar they are in this respect.

As my brain readjusts as I type I am starting to enjoy the signature. I believe this signature will work much better out and about than the N200. I think the MTW will be more isolating but again will know better after I use them on transit.

I left my phone in one room and went to a room where I know signal strength starts to be an issue and these worked as good as several other BT devices I own only being bested by my best full size BT headphones like the MDR 1000XM3. So very happy with BT connectivity. I have one area on my transit route that causes BT dropouts though so will report how they handle that area tomorrow.

The more I listen to these the more I am liking them. I have to he honest. I have always been tempted to rebuy an IE8x product but always stop short because of the $400 price tag so I bought these hoping to give myself some of that sound while getting a good wireless product to boot. The more I listen to these the more I think I may have hit that jackpot.

Still not sure I will keep them as I have to see how long they play on a charge and other factors like BT connectivity. But I am already leaning towards keeping them. Price be damned...

OH, one more thing. Some have mentioned buzzing on these. Now keep in mind I am a 50+ year old man with normal hearing loss for someone my age (pretty much cant hear anything over about 11,000khz) but I hear no buzzing of any kind.

Just for fun, go to the EQ and push it to the right about 1/3 way and up about 1/3 way and see what you think on the sound - the bass loses a bit of that boomy quality and the mid-treble comes forward more.

Dec 14, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #2,935 of 62,583
Just for fun, go to the EQ and push it to the right about 1/3 way and up about 1/3 way and see what you think on the sound - the bass loses a bit of that boomy quality and the mid-treble comes forward more.
definitely helps take some of the boom of the bass, very nice. Thanks :). That EQ is kinda neat in how it works. Let's you play without getting to detailed.

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #2,938 of 62,583
That would drive me nuts! Still nice writeup, waiting continuation about SQ, connection stability and battery. Thanks.

It's not really bothering me tbh, the one time I'll notice it is when I hit play/pause and it doesn't respond immediately. Adjusting volume using the button is too cumbersome, so I just use the phone to do that (and more fine tuning too).

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #2,939 of 62,583
True Connect arrived today. Unfortunately, they appear to be defective. The left earbud has significant static and popping that is observed on pause and low volumes. Guessing they are defective or else there is a serious design flaw. This is different than the MW07 "hiss" which was really more of a noise floor issue. This is crackly static. It's too bad - from what I can tell, these may otherwise sound very good. Not MW07 or Senn good but better than 65t good. I also like the fit. It's a very shallow "airpod" like fit but the eartips still give a good seal. Contact Audio46 now for an exchange. I've had so many TW buds fail or not otherwise work properly at a much higher failure rate that normal "tech". Not sure what's going on with QC or manufacturing these days. The hiss and static is unbelievable. Not sure how it passed any QC. And I'm sure not sending them to England.

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #2,940 of 62,583
Okay, so I take back what I said about the audio sync issue. The CKR7TW do have audio delay when connected to my Windows laptop and my Onkyo Granbeat. It doesn't have issue with Note8 though. Perhaps the Bluetooth 5 helped, or Note8 did some compensation for the audio delay to sync up with the video. I mainly used it for my Note8 though, so I'm fine with it. I'll meet up with my friend this weekend to test with other phones with Bluetooth 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back