Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 22, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #26,806 of 62,573
My wife bought them because of the form factor and pocketability, she doesn't care about SQ. initially my impressions are they have less clarity and sound stage then the N6 Pro but i played around with the USB Audio Player app yesterday to see if i could get more detail by lower the bass. i was surprised to find that using the "Morphit Tonebooster" function on the app with headphone type set as "ER4s" and target headphone type set as "K1000" the N6 mini opened up with better separation, increased clarity/detail its like a veil has been lifted. the bass remains punchy and tight. Its a really fun sound. Bought it on special for $135AUD which is around $100 USD? absolute bargain i reckon. with the size, IPX7 rating, Ambient sound function and using the same N6 drivers. If some of you guys are on a budget i would jump on the mini and skip out on the Pro with no hesitation.

i think it is. even the Bose sounded better than the N6 Pro with larger sound stage. If you read my previous impression post when i compared the N10 to the N6 pro i mentioned the N6 Pro has warmer forward vocals which makes it sound particularly good on female vocal tracks. N10 pro is a different beast where you can hear the music as they are recorded. thus N10 Pro is more clinical audiophile quality.

very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #26,807 of 62,573
Update on 85Ts:
Don't use them if you planing to bike. The wind noise is huge. Thankfully, I have other options for that activity.
And no option change the volume using the buds.
Battery life on paper on a single charge with is ok (5.5 hours). Probably, with ANC ON it's even less.
The ANC itself is better when others, especially with spinfit tips.
Very engaging sound, good in all frequencies.
Big soundstage.
2 device connection is super cool.
All in all these buds are totally worth the price tag.
By wind noise are you referring to passive noise isolation or ANC? How is the passive isolation, considering they are supposed to be "half-in-ear"?

Good to hear, I also had the 75t when the bass was unbearabe. One or two firmware updates later they totally nerf'd it. My biggest frustration has always been the unbalanced audio and the low max volume since that update. After that it seemed like no matter how you eq them it didn't make much difference. I haven't used them for music since the latest ANC update as I mostly use these for audiobooks and for Skype, Zoom, Teams connected to my work comp and phone simultaneously. but I'm going to run them tonight. They really are a productivity dream if you can find the right tips. I'm really excited to hear your updated impressions.

Any of you know of other TWS' that support multiple devices simultaneously like the 75t and 85t?
Exactly what's wrong with the imbalanced sound? Does one side have more bass than the other or is it the mids? It was pretty noticeable on the 65t, but it was the warmer frequencies that was imbalanced and after a few minutes I stopped paying attention. On the other hand when a TWS has way more sub-bass or mids/treble on the left side, it often drives me nuts. Imbalanced treble can be somewhat alleviated with foam under the nozzle, imbalanced bass cannot.

Hi All. I’m lost. Quick question please. Does this dual “5.2” connection work with iPhones on iOS 14?
I don't think this dual connection has anything to do with Bluetooth 5.2. Seems to be Airoha's MCSync or something similar.

Does anyone else have this issue where when you want to switch devices and disconnect, the earbuds decide to reconnect with initial device one more time? It often happens on my TaoTronics SoundLiberty 94 which I presume has an Airoha chip. Supposedly it differs from the 20Decebel and TOZO NC9 in having Bluetooth 5.1 but I haven't been able to test this and in my experience the Bluetooth connectivity is quite medocre.

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #26,808 of 62,573
Where in the app did you see the ability to do this? I do feel that the timbre and clarity on the 85ts is a big step up from the 75ts, but the addition of ANC on the 75s is quite awesome I have to say. That multi pair functionality is just awesome too man. Not sure how I lived without it now that I have it lol.
To set the cycle mode. Headset Settings>Headset Configuration> Sound Modes.

To Configure the buttons Personalize your headset > My controls > my controls for media.

Attachments

• 2A40EF0D-6E6C-48A9-9E17-215CD77C8515.png
    2A40EF0D-6E6C-48A9-9E17-215CD77C8515.png
    414.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1437BC5E-E144-456B-A813-BE6C51877BD5.png
    1437BC5E-E144-456B-A813-BE6C51877BD5.png
    258.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4A6901C3-0985-4894-975B-D3C7764F20DD.png
    4A6901C3-0985-4894-975B-D3C7764F20DD.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 708C61FB-3A7F-44B1-823D-7187D5D2084F.png
    708C61FB-3A7F-44B1-823D-7187D5D2084F.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #26,809 of 62,573
Software based ANC on the 75 is really good, much better than the Apollo Bold for example. Unlike all the third party contenders, it cuts noise across the spectrum and not just the low rumble. Not being hardware based, you can hear a slight cyclical tone in the background from the processing delay but it's very impressive. The app also takes you through a setup process so that the noise cancellation is balanced along in-ear resonances. Jabra is a name for a reason I suppose.

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #26,810 of 62,573
To set the cycle mode. Headset Settings>Headset Configuration> Sound Modes.

To Configure the buttons Personalize your headset > My controls > my controls for media.

Wow for some weird reason the sound modes not showing up on my app under headset config. I think it’s possible that the app isn’t fully updated for the 85ts since they aren’t really supposed to be released yet. I’m sure they’ll add it though. Thanks for this man!

Oct 23, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #26,811 of 62,573
I have to also add my kudos for the 75t ANC update. Also, the previous firmware added a hearing customization program similar to a hearing test which when coupled with the ANC with your profile really turns the 75t into a fine all-arounder!

Oct 23, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #26,812 of 62,573
I have been waiting patiently for the jabra 85t as I am hoping that they will meet my fairly unique use case!

i now work from home and I have a standing desk which I have put an old treadmill under. When I’m on the phone, I walk in the treadmill. I am currently just using the iPhone on speaker phone. When I’m talking the iPhone does a great job of cutting out the treadmill noise. Nobody can hear it at all. Unfortunately when the other person talks and I am aliens, they other person can hear the treadmill noise.

I am hoping that the jabra will cut out the treadmill noise completely. for those that have the jabra.Do you think this is likely?

Oct 23, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #26,814 of 62,573
Anyone here care to provide feedback on the FiiL T1 pro and how they stack up against perhaps the Fil T1Xs and/or the Naurl 6 Pro or any other highly recommended buds?

I've done a comparison on my instagram. Basically, both are very similar sound-wise, the mic is slightly better and the noise cancellation is OK (not in the league of Edifier and Tronsmart - you can hear keyboard taps, but not traffic, for example)

The big difference is in the way you wear them. The T1XS have circular, metallic driver housings which are designed to fit deep into your ear canal. For some, this is great, for others, it can feel like your in a submarine.

The T1 Pro on the other hand have oval housings like the Apollo Bold. This means you can't insert them deep into your ears like the XS. To get a nice comfortable fit, you need better tips than the supplied ones (they don't protect your ear from the housing enough) and they need to be wide enough to make use of the noise cancellation. For most average sized ears this will also mean having to use the largest wings in the box to keep them secure against your concha.

I have found myself advising people over and over on how to wear them and everyone comes back and says "Oh yeah!" - FIIL don't advertise them in this way, the expectation is to wear them like the T1XS....but that won't work for most people.

More info here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiil-t1-pro-bt5-2-ipx5-anc-tws.24694/reviews#item-review-24465

Oct 23, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #26,815 of 62,573
Are the new Jabras more flat tuned by any chance?
With the more recent 75t firmware updates, they are no longer overly bassy as before. With the options to create personal EQ settings and a personal hearing profile, once can set up a very neutral SQ. The stock "Flat" setting sounds very much better than the original, especially with one's personal hearing profile applied.

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #26,817 of 62,573
UE fits seems awesome, but seems to be lacking in pure features like an Ambient mode, and to my understanding there's only a single touch command on each ear bud?

Also no sidetone when on call? I imagine it will be really annoying to have a phone call with these if there's no side tone since the seal should be extremely good.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #26,818 of 62,573
By wind noise are you referring to passive noise isolation or ANC? How is the passive isolation, considering they are supposed to be "half-in-ear"?

Exactly what's wrong with the imbalanced sound? Does one side have more bass than the other or is it the mids? It was pretty noticeable on the 65t, but it was the warmer frequencies that was imbalanced and after a few minutes I stopped paying attention. On the other hand when a TWS has way more sub-bass or mids/treble on the left side, it often drives me nuts. Imbalanced treble can be somewhat alleviated with foam under the nozzle, imbalanced bass cannot.

my experience with the sound imbalance is as follows. Whenever I would remove one ear bud and then reinsert it roughly 20% of the overall output of the bud would be reduced in one ear, usually the right. I’d have to put both buds back in the case for about 10 -15 seconds to rectify it. Being on video calls every day, you can see how this gets really annoying. I am super grateful they fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back