Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 20, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #23,701 of 62,408
Couldn't you use do not disturb mode or connect via bluetooth for media only and not calls? Not sure if that is only an Android thing since I only have Android phones and no IOS devices but I can disable Call Audio in bluetooth settings (it is a device specific setting).
Screenshot_20200720-014907_Settings.jpg

easily do-able on android, with any TWS :smile:

Sure, I can do all these things and mostly do already as I hate it when my phone rings ... but i'd love to see an audio company SO committed to just audio, that they kick out whatever phone components and use whatever space is freed up for extra battery. This could be the next big 'feature' ... distraction less audio enjoyment!

Jul 20, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #23,702 of 62,408
Got this info on AptX HD from Tronsmart today regarding the Apollo Bold:

“About aptX HD, Apollo Bold uses QCC5124, the chip itself supports aptX HD, but need to solve some technical things, currently Apollo Bold supports aptX, but we are working together with Qualcomm about aptX HD. It will support aptX HD when APP comes out.
Please stay tuned.”

I have been using them all weekend in different scenarios (out on a walk, watching TV on my laptop...) and overall I am quite impressed.
Only some erratic behavior when switching between devices (maybe the app will fix this) and I found that with the bigger tips I am using they buds sometimes do not touch the charging contacts fully. Even though they fit in the case. Need to either take tips off and keep case open while charging (to be able to monitor the red charging lights on the buds, maybe that’s why the Cleer ally case has a window :wink: ) or put something on top of the buds when closing the case to make sure they are pressed down.

Found also that connection / range is quite amazing. Have not had a single connection bug while listening, and one time I forgot that I did not have my phone in my pocket and roamed all over the house, without music dropping.
Oh, and I got also a response regarding the hybrid ANC, which was pretty much taken verbatim from their press release.

“Tronsmart Apollo Bold is designed with hybrid (Feedforward & Feedback) noise cancelling technology which can cancel the wide and narrow range noise to achieve the best effect. Unlike the ordinary models which can only cancel noise up to 25-28dB, Tronsmart Apollo Bold can reach up to 35dB noise cancellation.”

So "Feedforward & Feedback" like I'd guessed the other day. There's really nothing "hybrid" about that, it's the way "real" ANC works, the cheaper/weaker solutions like the one used on the MW07+ is FeedForward only but using both is not a guarantee as can be heard with the Tozo NC9.

Jul 20, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #23,703 of 62,408
L2Ps for 99€ or Creative Outlier Gold for 79€ ?

Considering I am greedy and feel like I want one more of the 'classics' in my collection ...

Which one and why? :D

(I know, I know, I could order both and then simply return, as long as I have the power of amazon, but I do feel bad every time I send something back)

Ooooh, while my amazon does not have those AKG N400 yet, they DO have the Panasonic RZ S500 (what a name) ... at 170€ ... and one quick YT reviews says the ANC is not that great ... pass I guess

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #23,704 of 62,408
Dang you guys! Here is my holiday gift to myself. Got a used Kissral to do an operation when battery drains. :wink:
E08C6CA4-D8B5-4C88-AB29-DEA137235B18.png

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #23,706 of 62,408
Upcoming 1More Colorbuds. BA drivers, AptX/AAC. Should also have USB Type-C according to the FCC manual.

https://global.1more.com/1more-colorbuds-true-wireless-in-ear-headphoness/

"Say goodbye to bulky eartips" - these look bulky to me.

Just got mine :) not bulky in the slightest. Lovely and rounded and slips into my ears anyway with no sticky outy like the Stylish and ANC at all. You could sleep very easily with these in. Even more comfortable than the FiiL T1X and Tevi that were a little more square. These you forget you have them in after 30 seconds:)

Not as much bass as the Stylish and ANC (probably obviously given no direct driver) but still more than enough for me. The bass, mids and vocals sound even more balanced than the Stylish and the detail and clarity for me anyway is nicer. Highs are a touch more refined than the Stylish, and maybe even the ANC but they only came an hour ago :)

Jul 20, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #23,707 of 62,408
So, my Sony 800n are not good for biking. Too much wind noise which is a bummer but not surprising. Any recommendations for a cheapish TWS set that can take some sweat but still sound good. Looking at the new Bowmaker versus the Fiil. Is the T1X worth double the price of the Sifi II? Any other recommendations? Riding on trails so isolation is preferred to letting in ambient sound.

Did you ever try the SP800N again with ANC OFF to get rid of the wind noise ? I'm thinking of giving them a shot so that's going to be a dealbreaker if it's still there with ANC OFF. It should go away like on all other closed IEMs...but then on the MTW2 it doesn't so who knows...

Jul 20, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #23,708 of 62,408
Dang you guys! Here is my holiday gift to myself. Got a used Kissral to do an operation when battery drains. :wink:
E08C6CA4-D8B5-4C88-AB29-DEA137235B18.png
WHAT holiday? I thought I was good at making up excuses to buy a new pair of buds :)
Great find on those KIssral ... that made me check amazon here, if there's any Kissral / Anbes / SSK leftovers ... love that form factor

But ... that search feature sometimes eludes me ...
anbes.jpg

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #23,710 of 62,408
OMG OMG OMG

finally a life sign!

Please take my money NOW!

(well, I am hoping the ANC is at least at QC20 level, the comfort and house sound is like the SSF) ...

Please be more towards 199 and not 299 ...
There will be 2 versions the 500 is the one without anc and will be 199 or less the 700 with anc 249 and up

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #23,711 of 62,408
WHAT holiday? I thought I was good at making up excuses to buy a new pair of buds :)
Great find on those KIssral ... that made me check amazon here, if there's any Kissral / Anbes / SSK leftovers ... love that form factor

But ... that search feature sometimes eludes me ...
anbes.jpg
Was gonna say bday, but that’s in Oct. I’ll throw in 4th of July. :) I hope the Tevi are in good working condition cause these are both used. Not worried though. The Tevi is the most I ever spent on TWS ever. Zoinks. Oh man now that is a Sexy Kissral!

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #23,712 of 62,408
Just got mine :) not bulky in the slightest. Lovely and rounded and slips into my ears anyway with no sticky outy like the Stylish and ANC at all. You could sleep very easily with these in. Even more comfortable than the FiiL T1X and Tevi that were a little more square. These you forget you have them in after 30 seconds:)

Not as much bass as the Stylish and ANC (probably obviously given no direct driver) but still more than enough for me. The bass, mids and vocals sound even more balanced than the Stylish and the detail and clarity for me anyway is nicer. Highs are a touch more refined than the Stylish, and maybe even the ANC but they only came an hour ago :)
Where did you purchase them?

Jul 20, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #23,713 of 62,408
Where did you purchase them?
Ali Ex, the 1more shop, and this time around it took less than a week China to UK :)

I did forget to say that there is a bit of a bummer just now - these do not have Next/Previous track and no volume control, yet anyway.

And my bad... strike what I said about the Tevi, I had a look to see how much they were these days and seeing them again reminded me they were really comfy too, I sent those back because of the hiss.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #23,714 of 62,408
Got this info on AptX HD from Tronsmart today regarding the Apollo Bold:

“About aptX HD, Apollo Bold uses QCC5124, the chip itself supports aptX HD, but need to solve some technical things, currently Apollo Bold supports aptX, but we are working together with Qualcomm about aptX HD. It will support aptX HD when APP comes out.
Please stay tuned.”

I have been using them all weekend in different scenarios (out on a walk, watching TV on my laptop...) and overall I am quite impressed.
Only some erratic behavior when switching between devices (maybe the app will fix this) and I found that with the bigger tips I am using they buds sometimes do not touch the charging contacts fully. Even though they fit in the case. Need to either take tips off and keep case open while charging (to be able to monitor the red charging lights on the buds, maybe that’s why the Cleer ally case has a window :wink: ) or put something on top of the buds when closing the case to make sure they are pressed down.

Found also that connection / range is quite amazing. Have not had a single connection bug while listening, and one time I forgot that I did not have my phone in my pocket and roamed all over the house, without music dropping.
Oh, and I got also a response regarding the hybrid ANC, which was pretty much taken verbatim from their press release.

“Tronsmart Apollo Bold is designed with hybrid (Feedforward & Feedback) noise cancelling technology which can cancel the wide and narrow range noise to achieve the best effect. Unlike the ordinary models which can only cancel noise up to 25-28dB, Tronsmart Apollo Bold can reach up to 35dB noise cancellation.”
checking back then in september. Strange that its always 99.99$ with all vouchers etc at different places. Just checked my "bag" and I have several Tronsmart labelled products.

Jul 20, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #23,715 of 62,408
Mine will arrive on Wednesday for £99, pity I did not wait one more day to get £20 off voucher on Amazon UK.

Ideally I would have liked Wings and XL tips like the previous Cleer Audio clones had as I have big ear canals and may need XL tips from a 3rd party and hope they still fit the case to charge.

I watched this video and even though I cannot understand what is being said I can see more than I have before inc reading all details on rear of box etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back