Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 19, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #23,686 of 62,419
If I remember correctly, some major non-audiophile review ebsites (I think what-hifi?) did some basic review of them, and hated the SQ - said they were like Apple Airpods :).
Dang. I thought What HiFi gave every product they reviewed 5 stars. I've never seen an LG headset i had interest in except for the previous UVnano cleaning set they released which i posted about here a few months ago, the HBS-FL7. But i wanted to post about them since i saw them, in case someone was interested or had experience with them.

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #23,687 of 62,419
Ok guys Levi(10hr battery) or Creative gold(14hr battery)? I like bright without sibilance with tight bass and soundstage of course.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #23,689 of 62,419
Ok guys Levi(10hr battery) or Creative gold(14hr battery)? I like bright without sibilance with tight bass and soundstage of course.
I 2nd that. Out of those 2, that's an easy reccomendation to get the Tevi.

Jul 19, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #23,690 of 62,419
Here some first random impressions about the Tronsmart Apollo Bold, I know some are eager to pull the trigger on those, especially with that coupon on several amazons. Disclaimer: Tronsmart sent me these for review. I promise I won’t tell you those are awesome (when they are not) or try to sell you flaws as new features with a southern drawl :D What I will do though: I will be patient with these buds and give them an extra fair chance (like I did with my Sony XM3, those needed lots of tip rolling & time to fall in love with)

TL;DR: yeah, go ahead and place that order, especially if it’s amazon and you can return if you really dislike them. Sound is subjective and my ears are old.
But overall I am liking these quite some!

For those who have not followed the topic, these are pretty much the Cleer Ally Plus (in a cheaper looking, round, window less plastic case), according to FCC they are electronically identical, now, does that mean they are sonically the same? Only someone with both sets will be able to answer this :D

ANC: Yes, it’s there! And pretty effective. And maybe even better once I found the perfect tips. I tried a few and right now I have SpinFits CP155 on (with the wider bore, as the Apollos have oval-ish nozzles which can be tricky to find ideal tips for).
1EA84577-8C8A-4436-8E35-982A948AB19D.jpeg
I have tested with fans around the house and the ANC reminds me of what I heard with the Sonys when I tried them first. It cycles through ambient-ambient off, ANC on just like the Sonys (triple click on either bud). As of now it is not as impressive as the APP nor Sony (but might be getting there) but it’s better than the Dyplay BCQ35 and (from memory) those Bonolo I got a long while ago.

UI: I really like the way they mapped the functionality, pretty much by what I need most / more often: Volume first! Tap right one - vol up, left vol down. Tapping twice, play pause. triple tap: cycling through anc / ambient / off. To skip ahead / back a track, tap right / left for 2 seconds to go fwd / rewind. Not too finicky, adjusting the buds does not immediately pause music.

Hey, that ‘take out of ear and music pauses’ actually works :D

Now, sound is something I rather let the better ear equipped people talk in depth about. My brass ears are very happy with what they get to hear so far, but for one I will need some more time with them to just go through many different genres (right now I am listening to some ambient pling pling music) and I want to give them a chance to open up a bit (or burn in or whatever). Top of my head I want to say I am like 80-83% as impressed as a was with the xm3, but this must surely be 'new toy' effect and I should not jump to conclusions.

Things I am not 100% happy (just yet):
Fit! While not terrible (by a long shot), I doubt I will take those out on a run. They do stick out a bit (less weight than the xm3 IMHO and far less out compared to Bose SSF)
A6DB5BAB-8EBF-4142-B611-968AEEF75436.jpeg
They seem a bit loose, there are no wings, but maybe I find super grippy ear tips some day. I would also not mind finding some tips that give me 1 or 2 extra mm to jam those deeper into my earholes. But this is still matter of research.

Now, one ‘out of competition’ thing, something that nearly ruined my afternoon: While trying to use them on different sources (like my AptX Tempotec) I managed to screw them up somehow in the connection department. Most likely they disconnected from each other. Lo and behold, the short manual written in precise English has not one but 2 suggestions on how to fix this.
0DAFA285-1B21-4287-971F-81C97C7F7636.jpeg
There is a ‘tap each 5 times respectively’ method (after you made sure they are disconnected, how would I do that?) …
5A9CB606-258E-476F-9A8E-9AB684A677BA.jpeg
and there is a 5 second hold-tap for reset.

Unfortunately both methods seem to be super finicky and it is not super clear what is going on. For most of the time I never got the white / red blinking light the manual spoke about … long story short, by sheer number of trials and some added magic, they are now connected to my phone again and work well. But this experience has traumatized me, I won't try to connect to anything else for a while until I find out a reliable way to get into ‘pairing mode' (and if 'looking for device' means pairing to source or pairing to other bud)

Now I am very curious what the sound people will say.

update: testing now with ‘clone’ Powerbeats Pro tips, biggest size. And much improved in ANC and ‘more’ bass, not sure yet if that’s also better ...1A183591-1FA1-49A0-9D82-6C161BEDF7AD.jpeg
Hi, bro,
Thanks a lot for your feedback! Sorry for the inconvenience! You can check the operation video here: https://bit.ly/2ZJeZ7N
Please feel free to contact us if you have any other question.
Wish you enjoy more!

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #23,691 of 62,419
Definitely the Tevi. IMO if your goal is long battery life, like me, the top four are the Creative Outlier Air (10hr), Creative Outlier Gold (14hr), Lypertek Tevi (10hr), Galaxy Buds + (12-13 hrs). Lypertek Tevi and Galaxy Buds + are waay better in terms of sound quality.

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #23,692 of 62,419
Definitely the Tevi. IMO if your goal is long battery life, like me, the top four are the Creative Outlier Air (10hr), Creative Outlier Gold (14hr), Lypertek Tevi (10hr), Galaxy Buds + (12-13 hrs). Lypertek Tevi and Galaxy Buds + are waay better in terms of sound quality.
Thank guys! Dang I’m so close to biting on the Tevi been wanting those since last year.

Anybody try these Anbes 359 lookalike?
2E True Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 - Ear Buds Wireless Earphones Waterproof TWS with Portable Charging Case 20H Playtime Stereo Sound Sports Bluetooth Earbuds with Microphone, Raindrops Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RXLH4XV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3ZpfFbDYN1SXD

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #23,693 of 62,419

bright and tight bass is more like Tevi signature

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #23,694 of 62,419
I'll also recommend the Tevi. I now like my EQ'ed wf1000xm3 more, but for $90 the Tevi is awesome. They fixed everything I had a problem with about the original Galaxy Buds that I had prior.

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #23,697 of 62,419
496817ad31b1cbb50224a3058ad6b034.png

Blue: N6 Red: N6P

Just saw the review of the Nuarl N6 and N6 PRO by 0db (korean).
Reviewer rated the N6 PRO highly, saying he was impressed with a treble detail and wide sound-stage.

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #23,698 of 62,419
Got this info on AptX HD from Tronsmart today regarding the Apollo Bold:

“About aptX HD, Apollo Bold uses QCC5124, the chip itself supports aptX HD, but need to solve some technical things, currently Apollo Bold supports aptX, but we are working together with Qualcomm about aptX HD. It will support aptX HD when APP comes out.
Please stay tuned.”

I have been using them all weekend in different scenarios (out on a walk, watching TV on my laptop...) and overall I am quite impressed.
Only some erratic behavior when switching between devices (maybe the app will fix this) and I found that with the bigger tips I am using they buds sometimes do not touch the charging contacts fully. Even though they fit in the case. Need to either take tips off and keep case open while charging (to be able to monitor the red charging lights on the buds, maybe that’s why the Cleer ally case has a window :wink: ) or put something on top of the buds when closing the case to make sure they are pressed down.

Found also that connection / range is quite amazing. Have not had a single connection bug while listening, and one time I forgot that I did not have my phone in my pocket and roamed all over the house, without music dropping.
Oh, and I got also a response regarding the hybrid ANC, which was pretty much taken verbatim from their press release.

“Tronsmart Apollo Bold is designed with hybrid (Feedforward & Feedback) noise cancelling technology which can cancel the wide and narrow range noise to achieve the best effect. Unlike the ordinary models which can only cancel noise up to 25-28dB, Tronsmart Apollo Bold can reach up to 35dB noise cancellation.”

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #23,699 of 62,419
I didn't get any response from them. I contacted them on Friday so maybe I'll get one on Monday. The website works for me and I'm able to login. Have you tried using a different web browser on your end. My problem is that my shipment arrived to my city's local sorting warehouse 9 days ago which means it should have been delivered the next day. The package has been on hold since. I sent a message to the postal service of my country to see where it is. Waiting for an answer. You don't have your shipping number yet. 10 days is long time since the product has been released.

No the website didn't work for me. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm on a Mac?

I just tried using Safari however (was using Chrome previously) and it seemed to work, although the status still says "Awaiting Shipping" I'm getting kind of fed up with the lack of communication from their side. The company is listed as being in Hong Kong, and so it shouldn't take close to 2 weeks since I'm in the same city as their office! I honestly don't know what is up, and whether I should continue waiting or just go to the resolution centre with Paypal and indicate that I never received the product...

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #23,700 of 62,419
No the website didn't work for me. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm on a Mac?

I just tried using Safari however (was using Chrome previously) and it seemed to work, although the status still says "Awaiting Shipping" I'm getting kind of fed up with the lack of communication from their side. The company is listed as being in Hong Kong, and so it shouldn't take close to 2 weeks since I'm in the same city as their office! I honestly don't know what is up, and whether I should continue waiting or just go to the resolution centre with Paypal and indicate that I never received the product...
They are in the same city has you so you should drop by and see what's up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back