Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 3, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #21,046 of 62,143
I also kept looking around if / when we will get a new FW update and so far nada ...

to be honest, I did not really notice any change until I read about the issue ... sure enough, now i 'think' i hear the difference ...

to play devil's advocate a bit ... here an interesting article from Forbes on the issue
Well I didn't imagine yellow ear tip fit test, almost 50% less bass with ANC off, distortion in left bud with phone calls and that the new ones got more bass overall... maybe the difference in ANC is more difficult to compare from version to version. My first impression when connecting the replacements with 2B588 was that the ANC is better with these.
Anyway, I'm 100% sure that the 2C54 firmware ruined my APPs, and am happy I got new ones. Now I just hope my deposit of $200 will be paid back in full :fingers_crossed::money_mouth::pray:

On a side note, I tried my cheap foam tips I got from Ebay and the (so called) high frequency warble is being noticably limited. Almost completely gone. Sadly they are just a tad too small for my ears, so I have to wiggle them a little in place to get a good seal. (ref. both good bass and green ear tip fit test)

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #21,048 of 62,143
A pure DD setup could be kinda interesting. For me maybe the lack of aptX probably not a big deal at this price range (or if you use iOS), but a bummer for sure with the change in chipset, especially for Android users. ANC probably not quite possible looking at the Indiegogo early bird price of 29USD. :joy:

91207935_906756439755463_585295697599791104_o.jpg
Wow, some intrepid AE sellers already took the above image as inspiration on how to make people look / sell more of the S1 :wink:
Sure made ME look!
37700FB2-3AA7-4C25-94E6-F0B161FC2777.jpeg

Apr 3, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #21,049 of 62,143
Bad news, KZ changed specs - S2 will use Realtek 8763, so without aptx or ANC = pass for me :frowning2:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kz-s2-next-generation-hybrid-tws-in-ear-monitors/coming_soon

Also anounced KZ-Z1 with 2 DD (10 + 7 mm), but without other specification.

Wow, what would I do without this group? Had KZ S1 on order but cancelled when I heard the S2 is coming out. Now in light of the Realtek 8763 I think I'll hold off on the S2 instead of doing the early bird pre-order.

Also very interested in the Z1 with 2DD.

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #21,053 of 62,143
Got the mifo o7.

FsRHxSd.jpg

ULhUKxc.jpg

Crystal clear sound. Bass is armature lean and quick, definitely not for bass head.

Hmmm.... could be my kind of sound..
Does it clip or rattle with high volume? That is the only problem reported by some reviewers that got me wary of buying

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #21,054 of 62,143
Does it clip or rattle with high volume? That is the only problem reported by some reviewers that got me wary of buying
I sent my Mifo back, I found them very lean in the bass, not just lean but anaemic. Also found them lacking in depth compared to say the Melomenia M1.

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #21,055 of 62,143
I tried turning up to an uncomfortable volume level and the sound does not rattle or break up.

If you like armature driver sound signature, you will like the mifo o7.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #21,056 of 62,143
I tried turning up to an uncomfortable volume level and the sound does not rattle or break up.

If you like armature driver sound signature, you will like the mifo o7.

Unlike most others, i prefer BAs for bass and dynamic drivers for treble :ksc75smile:

Apr 4, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #21,057 of 62,143
BA bass is awesome, super quick and unintrusive. A lot of dynamic drivers these days are almost matching them for speed.

The aonic215 just got released yesterday. I don't know why but I keep wanting to buy it. Something about the old legend of the se215, knowing how amazing that passive isolation is, and the kicker being that they have hear though.

I also really like they sound of the 535 if I want to upgrade in the future, and a lot of companies make custom sleeves for Shure buds here in Japan for cheap.

The only thing stopping me really is the reports of cut outs in early reviews, I don't think I could handle random disconnects in low radio environnements.

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #21,059 of 62,143
I am struggling a bit to find the best tips for the MTW2.
What are you guys using?

With JVC Spiral Dots, bass, details and male voices are very good. But some female vocals and high notes can be a little harsh.
The Comply Audio Pro w/smart core have smoother highs but maybe a bit "boomy" and I feel they can get a little muddy? (and they are a tiny bit big for the case)
Spinfits (CP100Z and CP350Z) are pretty similar to JVC, but marginally less bass.
The Flexfit foam that were included with the Lypertek Tevi are like always lacking bass, but a little smoother highs.
Symbio are also a little harsh.
The original one that were mounted, were to small for my ears, and I haven't tried other sizes yet (don't like to use the originals in case I will sell the buds later)

Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad, but I would love a mix of the Spiral Dots and the Comply Audio Pro. :) It's ok to be a little picky with buds priced at $300?

Guess I will try the Comply Truegrip designed for the MTW, guess they fit the MTW2 too. (and just when writing this, I googled them and Comply has now labeled them TrueGrip Pro for Senn' MTW 1&2 :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back