Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 4, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #21,061 of 62,443
not exactly fully wireless. had an old KZ BT (aptx hd) adapter i bought for the ZSN Pro/ZS10 Pro/ZSX, decided to try cutting out part of the plastic on the adapter's 2pin connector so that i can plug the blons in. :joy:

ptEyqsu.jpg
I think KZ bluetooth cable sounds great (AptX HD), only two things I wish rhey change from their design tho. First is they should make it so the two (1 for battery and the other the bluetooth module) to not dangling around when in used. The other is their bluetooth antenna, it is such a shame that something so good has so weak of signal. Try to cup the bluetooth module and you will hear the sound is cutting. Other than that, it is great.

Apr 4, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #21,062 of 62,443
This guy (reviewer I've come across for the first time) likes the Edifier TWS NB better than the SL2P ... can't add much myself since I have not heard either, but my edifiers are in the mail and were 96$. Might be worth a look into.

So have you received them ? I just noticed they were available on Amazon in Europe for 100€ which is really cheap for apparently decent ANC. Seems more "reasonable" to give them a shot rather than to the 300€ Sennheiser TWS 2 !

Apr 4, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #21,063 of 62,443
My wife accidentally ordered comply for the mtw1 I bought but it came with tech defender debris guard. Wondering if anyone here can speak to how that alters sound. I thought I read something about making the sound muddy but I do not have any others to compare it to. If I cut that sheathe out, might it ruin then entirely?

Apr 4, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #21,064 of 62,443
So have you received them ? I just noticed they were available on Amazon in Europe for 100€ which is really cheap for apparently decent ANC. Seems more "reasonable" to give them a shot rather than to the 300€ Sennheiser TWS 2 !
Still in mail. I am not expecting to receive anything anytime soon. Thanks to Covid19 they shut down local post delivery and no idea what’s going on with international mail. None of my TWS in mail (ordered as far back as 2/23) even show as ‘arrived in country’. They must be sitting in mail bags somewhere. And there’s now a new import ban but it is unclear if that affects private/personal mail ordering. Good times.

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #21,065 of 62,443
I am struggling a bit to find the best tips for the MTW2.
What are you guys using?

With JVC Spiral Dots, bass, details and male voices are very good. But some female vocals and high notes can be a little harsh.
The Comply Audio Pro w/smart core have smoother highs but maybe a bit "boomy" and I feel they can get a little muddy? (and they are a tiny bit big for the case)
Spinfits (CP100Z and CP350Z) are pretty similar to JVC, but marginally less bass.
The Flexfit foam that were included with the Lypertek Tevi are like always lacking bass, but a little smoother highs.
Symbio are also a little harsh.
The original one that were mounted, were to small for my ears, and I haven't tried other sizes yet (don't like to use the originals in case I will sell the buds later)

Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad, but I would love a mix of the Spiral Dots and the Comply Audio Pro. :) It's ok to be a little picky with buds priced at $300?

Guess I will try the Comply Truegrip designed for the MTW, guess they fit the MTW2 too. (and just when writing this, I googled them and Comply has now labeled them TrueGrip Pro for Senn' MTW 1&2 :) )
I use these https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/acoustune-aet07-eartip and their are perfect for me.

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #21,066 of 62,443
I think KZ bluetooth cable sounds great (AptX HD), only two things I wish rhey change from their design tho. First is they should make it so the two (1 for battery and the other the bluetooth module) to not dangling around when in used. The other is their bluetooth antenna, it is such a shame that something so good has so weak of signal. Try to cup the bluetooth module and you will hear the sound is cutting. Other than that, it is great.

I thing the BQEYZ Z3 are better than the kz, not those silly long cables and fit better around the ears.

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #21,067 of 62,443
Still in mail. I am not expecting to receive anything anytime soon. Thanks to Covid19 they shut down local post delivery and no idea what’s going on with international mail. None of my TWS in mail (ordered as far back as 2/23) even show as ‘arrived in country’. They must be sitting in mail bags somewhere. And there’s now a new import ban but it is unclear if that affects private/personal mail ordering. Good times.

Sorry to hear that, stuff still arrives in the mail here from Amazon at least, can you still run ? 1 hour, 1km max from home here, better than nothing !

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #21,068 of 62,443

Yeah, that was why I pretty much almost never use those adapters. It sounds nice, but the dangling wires are really annoying to me, and the reception is kinda meh. :joy:

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #21,069 of 62,443
Sorry to hear that, stuff still arrives in the mail here from Amazon at least, can you still run ? 1 hour, 1km max from home here, better than nothing !
Did a 1h52min treadmill HM yesterday ... but we have been under curfew / lockdown (they are not very clear with the definition here, but we are not allowed to leave the house, unless a food supply van shows up in our street) for 15 days now ... it suuuuucks!!!
but I also get to listen to a lot of music ... have my few other TWS to keep me busy

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #21,071 of 62,443
Did a 1h52min treadmill HM yesterday ... but we have been under curfew / lockdown (they are not very clear with the definition here, but we are not allowed to leave the house, unless a food supply van shows up in our street) for 15 days now ... it suuuuucks!!!
but I also get to listen to a lot of music ... have my few other TWS to keep me busy
Good you have a TM, actually I can't use my TWS when running anymore because I have to run in the street (in a quiet suburb) as opposed to a bike track usually and while there is very little traffic I don't want to take any risks. I'm not going to complain :wink:

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #21,072 of 62,443
Just got my Senn MTW2s and have a stupid question - how do you know if you are listening with ANC on or off? I get how to activate it, and deactivate using the three taps, but there's no verbal notification to tell you which mode you are switching into - on or off.

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #21,073 of 62,443
Play some loud cabin noise from YouTube and hopefully you'll hear a difference :wink:

Apr 4, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #21,075 of 62,443
Yeah, that was why I pretty much almost never use those adapters. It sounds nice, but the dangling wires are really annoying to me, and the reception is kinda meh. :joy:
You could try trn bt20s. No cable dangling. Tho no Aptx HD yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back