Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 3, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #21,031 of 62,443
Another TWS from YOBYBO (who had released the "thinnest" TWS a while back). This one is in-ear and fortunately doesn't have stems. AIROHA 1532 chip, no telling of price except registering for "39% off". Unfortunately I had read they said the battery is 4-5 hours.
https://comingsoon.higizmos.com/not...SZnTaM857uuoRa4ldd5zfPnTJe98RjuLb4MFQBP0NzLg0

Like their sense of humor ...

YOBYBO.jpg

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #21,033 of 62,443
Received my MTW2 today. This is a nice upgrade. The slightly smaller size is immediately noticeable and welcome. It's not a huge difference but comfort is definitely improved. SQ is excellent as expected. I haven't had the old ones in a while but to my ears, they've toned down the bass which was needed. With the first gen, I had to move the dot up and right to tame it a bit but these sound awesome on the flat setting. Still wish they would just use a normal EQ. 3 taps on the right and ANC is activated. Haven't tried it out in a noisy environment but it seems to be strong ANC. I'm gonna give them a run on the trainer tonight with a fan and noise and will report back. $300 is pricey but considering they are only $50 more than APP, its well worth it if SQ is important to you. I still slightly prefer the overall SQ of the MW07 but the ANC is weak sauce and the fit remains fussy for me so they are off to the classifieds. By the way, these are all around much better than the Sonys in terms of SQ, fit and the fact that they are IP rated. I know the Sony's cost less and can be found for dirt cheap refurbished but the fit is horrific and no sweat proofing is a deal breaker.

Not sure about ANC with a fan running (except in the background) because the wind will be picked up by the ANC mics. Seen that problem with the Sony, Echodubs, Libratone and even QC35. On the home trainer with a fan runnin I pull out the T1X to avoid that problem and the wings help keep them in place although they still need to be readjusted from time to time.

Vaguely tempted to pick up the MTW2 since Amazon have them in Europe...

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #21,034 of 62,443
Apr 3, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #21,035 of 62,443
Is anyone using Haylou GT1 plus with iphone(i have iphone 11). I tried pairing with steps put in for GT1(reset and then pair buds 1st on stereo mode and then connect phone to right bud). I am able to hearing audio only on right bud though I am able to pause by clicking on left side.

Maybe you can try resetting the buds? (take them out and long press it till the LED blinks) Put them back in the case, then take both out together and pair it normally? (just click the "haylou GT1 Plus" on your iPhone. IIRC that should be it? I use it with my iPhone 11 from time to time and i've encountered what you were talking about once. Just re-paired it and it was fine.

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #21,036 of 62,443
Bad news, KZ changed specs - S2 will use Realtek 8763, so without aptx or ANC = pass for me :frowning2:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/kz-s2-next-generation-hybrid-tws-in-ear-monitors/coming_soon

Also anounced KZ-Z1 with 2 DD (10 + 7 mm), but without other specification.

A pure DD setup could be kinda interesting. For me maybe the lack of aptX probably not a big deal at this price range (or if you use iOS), but a bummer for sure with the change in chipset, especially for Android users. ANC probably not quite possible looking at the Indiegogo early bird price of 29USD. :joy:

91207935_906756439755463_585295697599791104_o.jpg

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #21,037 of 62,443
Ok... Airpods Pro owners, you have to hear this:

I bought my APPs 17th of Nov, delivered with 2B576. Almost instantly updated to 2B584, then 2B588 a little later.
In Desember I got the 2C54 update. Almost 4 months ago. This firmware got pulled just a couple of days after. Since that, no info or new update. :triportsad:

Early I noticed:
- Noticably less bass with ANC/Transparency mode turned OFF.
- "High frequency warble" with ANC ON
- Distortion (especially in the left bud) when talking on the phone with ANC/Transparency ON
- ANC noticably weaker
- Just yellow (Adjust or try a different ear tip) with the Ear tip fit test

I have talked to Apple a couple of times, and finally I was offered a replacement solution. Had to "pay" (reserved on my account) about $200, which I get back when they have received the old ones.

Received the replacements today, with firmware 2B588, and OMG!
Ear fit test is green, ANC is better, sound is better, more bass and even bass with ANC OFF is good, no distortion from my own voice with phone calls.

I still experience the "high freq. warble" with movements (either walking or chewing for ex), but I think that is because with the silicone tips are moving a little in my ears. And then the adaptive eq in the buds are making this warble?! Hopefully the Comply Foam tips will help for this, when they are released.

This is embarrasing for Apple! Almost 4 months since the 2C54 ruined my (and I guess a lot of others') APPs.

Any other in here with similar experiences?

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #21,038 of 62,443
MTW2 arriving today! Will test for a few days and do a full review. I’m hype!

Apr 3, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #21,039 of 62,443

I bought my APPs 17th of Nov, delivered with 2B576. Almost instantly updated to 2B584, then 2B588 a little later.
In Desember I got the 2C54 update. Almost 4 months ago. This firmware got pulled just a couple of days after. Since that, no info or new update. :triportsad:

Early I noticed:
- Distortion (especially in the left bud) when talking on the phone with ANC/Transparency ON
- ANC noticably weaker

I have talked to Apple a couple of times, and finally I was offered a replacement solution. Had to "pay" (reserved on my account) about $200, which I get back when they have received the old ones.

Ear fit test is green, ANC is better, sound is better, more bass and even bass with ANC OFF is good, no distortion from my own voice with phone calls.

I still experience the "high freq. warble" with movements (either walking or chewing for ex), but I think that is because with the silicone tips are moving a little in my ears. And then the adaptive eq in the buds are making this warble?! Hopefully the Comply Foam tips will help for this, when they are released.

This is embarrasing for Apple! Almost 4 months since the 2C54 ruined my (and I guess a lot of others') APPs.

IMO Apple like Microsoft doesn't really worry about little day to day things like products that work. They have so many people that will buy it and hype it regardless of its actual value, that their profit margins rarely suffer.

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #21,040 of 62,443
MTW2 arriving today! Will test for a few days and do a full review. I’m hype!
I just got mine. In the process of evaluating while running the update for 50 min. ANC is good, not Sony over the ear good though.

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #21,041 of 62,443
Apr 3, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #21,042 of 62,443
A pure DD setup could be kinda interesting. For me maybe the lack of aptX probably not a big deal at this price range (or if you use iOS), but a bummer for sure with the change in chipset, especially for Android users. ANC probably not quite possible looking at the Indiegogo early bird price of 29USD. :joy:

91207935_906756439755463_585295697599791104_o.jpg
"No sense of delay"? Low-latency?

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #21,043 of 62,443
So this is probably a dumb question but I live in non urban United states. Are there any places where you can demo items. We just have them behind glass glued to a plastic board. There are no high end audio shops here.
Bummer dude... I have the same issue. I found a high end sound place with nice headphones which is where I listened to and bought my Audeze's. But they didn't have a single pair of IEM's, let alone something like JH Audio or Elysiums

Apr 3, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #21,044 of 62,443

Early I noticed:
- ANC noticably weaker

I also kept looking around if / when we will get a new FW update and so far nada ...

to be honest, I did not really notice any change until I read about the issue ... sure enough, now i 'think' i hear the difference ...

to play devil's advocate a bit ... here an interesting article from Forbes on the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back