Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 2, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #21,017 of 62,443
Welcome. From memory I'd say they are virtually the same with the exception of maybe a little less boomy bass. It may simply be my perception. They really didn't need any upgrade in the sq department. From what I've read they may have redesigned the drivers.
I have yet to use any in ear anc stuff. I have a pair of beoplay h9's that exert pressure when it is on and it does not work well enough to even keep it on, I might add. What is the feeling with in ear anc. Does it cause pressure that you would have to get used too or is it easier on the ears than full size?

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #21,018 of 62,443
I have yet to use any in ear anc stuff. I have a pair of beoplay h9's that exert pressure when it is on and it does not work well enough to even keep it on, I might add. What is the feeling with in ear anc. Does it cause pressure that you would have to get used too or is it easier on the ears than full size?
I have h9s as well. Yes you get the same feeling with ANC iems so if you don't like that sensation best to skip it. The mw07 plus has a lighter version of ANC which does not give off that feeling.

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #21,019 of 62,443
I have h9s as well. Yes you get the same feeling with ANC iems so if you don't like that sensation best to skip it. The mw07 plus has a lighter version of ANC which does not give off that feeling.
Yeah, it takes some getting used too and I do not feel that the H9 does it well enough to keep it on unless I am in a really noisy place. How would you compare the MW07 and all it's in ear versions to the senn mtw. I had sony's mw's and senn mtw in my list of wants, but as far as sound quality goes, would you put them at the top of the list for wireless in-ear sound quality?

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #21,020 of 62,443
Yeah, it takes some getting used too and I do not feel that the H9 does it well enough to keep it on unless I am in a really noisy place. How would you compare the MW07 and all it's in ear versions to the senn mtw. I had sony's mw's and senn mtw in my list of wants, but as far as sound quality goes, would you put them at the top of the list for wireless in-ear sound quality?

MW07 and Senns are very close. I prefer the MW07 but others prefer the Senns. Nuarl N6 pro are near the top as well and cost less.

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #21,021 of 62,443
Did we see this one yet? Hard to keep track :)...
1585854682217.png
Sony WF-XB700 https://www.sony.com/electronics/truly-wireless/wf-xb700
Nice design and Sony up to 9 hours battery life but how do they sound ?
Hmmm. Thought first they were the H800 that ‘we saw’ not too long ago, but these are different. XB = extra bass
So now Sony is pumping out new non ANC models with different sound sigs it seems. Look nice.

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #21,022 of 62,443
Hmmm. Thought first they were the H800 that ‘we saw’ not too long ago, but these are different. XB = extra bass
So now Sony is pumping out new non ANC models with different sound sigs it seems. Look nice.

And...and...wait for it...an IPX rating! IPX4 so you can sweat on a Sony TW again. :sweat_smile:

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #21,023 of 62,443
Hey mate, how's it going?

It does. :3 Basically all non-essential imports will be stopped. What was the last tracking update on your parcels?

No problems with groceries and essentials so far, since our area has a steady stream of mobile delivery trucks coming in. The cash in hand is going dry, though. Hoping that a mobile ATM comes to this area soon.

What's up with you? If you have any trouble getting essentials, just PM me. I'll lead you to some Facebook groups and sources where you can find information about getting stuff delivered.

I wish they would clarify what they define as 'import', I believe this to apply to commercial shipping .. like when I order 20TWS with the intention to re-sell in the country.
To enlighten @Luke Skywalker : I don't think the import ban here has anything to do with Covid 19, but with the Lankan Rupee drastically losing value.

Most of my parcels are still at 'left country of origin' ... let's see

As for the food situation in SL, thanks for the kind offer ... I am already in several of the FB groups which quickly have become rather useless / full / emotional. Best I have currently is a WhatsApp group for my immediate neighborhood. But I digress, we can talk more in PM

Back to TWS, currently listening to stuff on my KZ s1 and wondering when we will see the S2, there were some initial signs somewhere.

Bonus Question: who got what during the AE sale that's now over?

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #21,024 of 62,443
And...and...wait for it...an IPX rating! IPX4 so you can sweat on a Sony TW again. :sweat_smile:
wowface.jpg

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #21,026 of 62,443
for anyone who is interested, i'm thinking of selling my nuarls. i have several use cases where i really need ANC, and don't need the MTW2 and the n6 Pro. message me if interested.

Apr 3, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #21,028 of 62,443
Again unfortunately there's no AptX on the AKG N400, only SBC and AAC (not sure if they might support Samsung Scalable). The new Sonys remind me of L2P in form factor.

Anyone here tried Dyplay Shield? I see them listed on Amazon.ca for 90$ CAD... Had seen one recent review saying V-shaped they are bassy and have recessed mids, highs are hot. Dyplay is apparently working on a newer version though:

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the delivery dates on Amazon.ca are just a conservative estimate or is everything really being held until the end of the month?

Another TWS from YOBYBO (who had released the "thinnest" TWS a while back). This one is in-ear and fortunately doesn't have stems. AIROHA 1532 chip, no telling of price except registering for "39% off". Unfortunately I had read they said the battery is 4-5 hours.
https://comingsoon.higizmos.com/not...SZnTaM857uuoRa4ldd5zfPnTJe98RjuLb4MFQBP0NzLg0

After almost 3 weeks with the Galaxy Buds+, here's my key takeaways:

Sound
- Lean, bright sound with emphasis on treble and uppermost mids. Bass is very picky, can reach quite deep on some tracks but mostly takes a back seat. The bass boost and soft presets don't really add a lot to the bass. I prefer using dynamic and normal EQ preset. Overall I don't find them sibilant and fatiguing, but I can definitely see people will consider it as such, not unlike ATH-MSR7.
- Sounds mostly clean with Scalable and AAC, with some occasional NFMI distortion in piano tracks. The distortion is a lot worse on SBC and quite noticeable in orchestral tracks.
- Slight channel imbalance with more sub-bass and treble to the left. RTINGs measurements seem to show a slight deviation in these areas as I have noticed. Not as bad as the dud TWS I've used before though. Oddly the mids sometimes evens out when I re-insert them.
vs Tronsmart Onyx Neo - Both are similarly bright, but the Onyx Neo has "sweeter" highs and larger soundstage while Buds+ sounds more brash and hot with more upper mid emphasis. Onyx Neo also has louder volume. On the flip side, the Onyx Neo has noticeably higher hiss/noise floor and the touch controls are poor in comparison.
vs Sabbat E12 Ultra - Much darker bassy sound with some midrange emphasis. Sounds a bit more open but not as detailed as Buds+
vs Aufo M1 - Darker with a more punchy sound don't fit very well in my ears except with the Bud+ medium tips (which fortunately fit in their case!)

Connectivity and usability
- Connection is excellent overall, although it seems sensitive to passing electric trolley buses when waiting for my commute.
- No multipoint, but has quick-pairing, meaning you don't need to unpair to your previous device. However, this can be clunky because it will disconnect from my phone abruptly when I power on my laptop, unless I turn off Bluetooth.
- Gaming mode does decrease latency and is comparable with Bluetooth on Windows 10, but on my Note 9 in-game performance suffers. The audio will also stretch/distort to keep up with the game. Newer devices might fare better.
- Great touch controls. If you want to use ambient sound/assistant while still having volume controls you can enable tap-edge volume. This was a bit unresponsive at first but seems to work more consistently over time.
- Decent fit but my ears sometimes get rather itchy which is something I don't notice often with other TWS. Large tips have the most reliable seal while medium tips are more comfortable, but my right ear seems more loose with them. Standard-type IEM tips don't fit in the charging case, while wide-bore tips with a larger flange work just fine. I also find the large wings/fins to be a tad irritating and don't help too much with letting them stay in place.
- For general use the battery can last between 3-5 days, which is in line with most of my previous TWS. The case discharges quite fast depleted by the end of the first day if you are using them heavily. With my usage (high volume and ambient sound I believe I get around 15-18 hours of battery life before having to charge. Sometimes the right bud drains more (5-10%) than the left although each can remain at 1% for quite some time before they die out. There is an intermittent double-beep when one bud goes below 10% (annoying but far less intrusive than the BATTRY LOW warning other TWS I've tried).
- Case feels cheap for the price. Hinge creaks and squeaks a fair bit when opening and closing, but stays open (apparently the earlier runs had looser lids).
- Ambient sound volume dips after exposure to loud noise. It might be meant to be adaptive but after some time I can't hear my piano playing very clearly, unless I use the extra high setting. Compared to Jabra 65t, it's more airy and less muffled. From what I recall, the Jabras were less sensitive to wind noise than the Buds+ though. It would have been nice if all modes had the internal mic working, as it is awkward to hear my own voice sound muffled except in extra high or if it is turned on during calls.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #21,029 of 62,443
The MTW2 arrived today and I gave them a whirl for a few hours. They’re my first pair of true wireless earbuds. They sound pretty great! Sure, they don’t compete with wired, but they’re a fun, engaging listen for on-the-go. After some time, I started to get that feeling of the earbuds disappearing on my head. The only thing about them I don’t love (other than the pairing method) is that treble peak. So I EQ it out with my music player app and I’m all set.

Apr 3, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #21,030 of 62,443
Is anyone using Haylou GT1 plus with iphone(i have iphone 11). I tried pairing with steps put in for GT1(reset and then pair buds 1st on stereo mode and then connect phone to right bud). I am able to hearing audio only on right bud though I am able to pause by clicking on left side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back