Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 22, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #20,806 of 62,419
Been lurking on this thread for a while as TWS is a technology that really interests me. I've both reviewed and bought quite a few sets in the pursuit of a decently balanced sound and connectivity that, at least, doesn't get in the way. We're getting closer and the new generation is certainly a big improvement over the first wave we saw last year but we still have a ways to go.

With that said, here are some of my recent TWS reviews of models less discussed. The first is of the Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus, a premium offering that competes with the Airpods Pro, MTW, Sony WF-1000XM3. These have mostly been featured on tech reviews sites, but contrary to their reviews, my units both sound and measure very differently from the original MW07, for the better. It is one of the most comprehensive options on the market, a jack of all trades so to speak with 10hr battery life, ANC, IPX5 water resistance and a fin stabilised fit. Their beryllium drivers also pump out a strong sound, with great bass extension, and a U-shaped signature. They are fairly linear in their transitions and slightly bright within the midrange but nowhere near as wonky as the original and most V-shaped consumer TWS earphones out there. Review is up on Everyday Listening and THL.

I've also reviewed the new Advanced Sound M5 TWS on Everday Listening. What's interesting about this earbud is that it features a Harman-target tuning. To my ear, it has a more forward upper-midrange which can make it sound a bit intense and shouty at times, however, it has the best resolution of any TWS earphone I've tested. The driver quality is very good, offering defined, controlled bass and strong detail retrieval. It also has an intriguing faux-custom design similar to wired IEMs but since it lacks stabilisers, I found the fit slightly less stable than class-leaders. It features the QC3020 chipset alongside 9-hr battery life and IPX5 water resistance. The sliding case is delightfully satisfying to use too lol

Hope these reviews fill in some blanks here, happy listening and stay safe :)

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #20,807 of 62,419
@vaaccess
Barcode on back of box is different however case is identical.

Bought form Mifo Direct UK through Amazon which upon reading may or may not be fakes. Thankfully I'll get full refund through Amazon.

I understand your point about people's hearing which is why I stated 'to my ears'. My source is S20 Ultra which has no issues with the Melomenia or Audeze I3 bluetooth cable.

I gave them a bit longer however they just sound really poor to me, no presence or detail.

Could be faulty or fake but it's enough to put me off them.

The M1's are stunning in comparison.

oh, I didn’t mean to imply you weren’t hearing correctly! In this case I’d say they are either fakes or manufacturing defects or something. When I compar my Mifos to my Klipsch X11s, I think the Mifos are better. Though maybe some would argue that’s a bad comparison. Though perhaps a more stable comparison at least. LOL
Mine cane from Amazon US via seller “YY Morul”. No clue how legit that is. :frowning2:

@vaaccess

Just as an aside are your nozzles red on the end?

They are, interesting question. I hadn’t considered that being another indicator...

Mar 23, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #20,811 of 62,419
@vaaccess
Barcode on back of box is different however case is identical.

Bought form Mifo Direct UK through Amazon which upon reading may or may not be fakes. Thankfully I'll get full refund through Amazon.

if you got them from the link here https://mifo.co.uk/ they are real. according to Mifo there is no O7 counterfeits just the old O5s.

buy them from amazon since the mob that runs those mifo sites above is pretty dodgy with after sales service https://au.trustpilot.com/review/mifo.co.uk

On another note, look what dropped in today! :)
i was able to find a local stockist in AU, thanks for the recommendations guys. they are as good as you say.
initial listening are i enjoy them more than the sennheiser on heavy vocal tracks. vocals are forward, sound stage are wide and layered with back ground instruments sparking. bass is a little recessed which requires EQ but it doesn't go as deep and impactful as the sennheisers.

DSC_2842.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #20,812 of 62,419
I wonder if this dude talks like this in real life? lol I find it hilarious the Zoolander faces he makes for his camera shots. lol Mic quality seems to be sucking. As for SQ, I could care less for Youtube revier's opinions. I'll look at measurements. Too bulky. Size is important (that's what she said).
Zoolander!!! finally! I was always wondering who he reminded me off!!! Riddle solved!!

Mar 23, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #20,814 of 62,419
since im in lockdown, i took a look at the audeqs.com the 1 poster guy here mentioned.

They are supposed to be from brooklyn.

audeqs.com and magnifitechsolutions.com seems to be the same thing, both registered:

Code:
audeqs
Admin Name: Vivek Pokhriyal
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: I-1 Academy of administration
Admin Street: 1100 Quarters
Admin City: bhopal
Admin State/Province: Madhya Pradesh
Admin Postal Code: 462016
Admin Country: IN
Admin Phone: +91.11010509
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: itsvivek101@gmail.com 

magnifitechsolutions
Registrant Name: nadeem farooqui
Registrant Organization: technoresearch
Registrant Street: 8 sunrise colony idgah hills
Registrant City: bhopal
Registrant State/Province: Madhya Pradesh
Registrant Postal Code: 462001
Registrant Country: IN
Registrant Phone: +91.9977791838
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: go_naddy@yahoo.co.in

On the net they have business adress in brooklyn

then theres
https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/looking-for-affiliate-marketers-for-product.162824/

2020-03-23 12.22.50 make--money--online-fast.blogspot.com 01cde13de379.png

Mar 23, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #20,815 of 62,419
@vaaccess
@Firevortex

I've had an email back from Mifo and they genuine 07's. Suggestion is that they maybe don't suit my taste and they are hoping in future to improve bass response.

In all fairness they are a nice product and well made but again to my ears they don't justify the price.

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #20,817 of 62,419
@vaaccess
@Firevortex

I've had an email back from Mifo and they genuine 07's. Suggestion is that they maybe don't suit my taste and they are hoping in future to improve bass response.

In all fairness they are a nice product and well made but again to my ears they don't justify the price.

i got a similar email from them. They claim that counterfeits and manufacturing defects don’t exist anymore, LOL, but I can’t believe the polarity of some of our experiences.

And to be clear I’m not trying to say that the Mifo O7 is the end all be all of TWS, it certainly isn’t. Like so many things, I just want the best experience for my money whether it’s wine, bourbon, popcorn, etc, etc, etc. I’m trying to educate myself so when an affordable TWS with ANC and Ambient Mode that sounds amazing comes out, I can jump on it with confidence. :)

Mar 23, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #20,819 of 62,419
These arrived more than a week early :D
Looking forward to your impressions! I also pre-ordered, but I'm a little spooked by the above posted JimsListeningRoom review, hoping it's a subjective outlier.

All the other reviews I've read/watched was really positive, so im not too worried.

I got an update straight away during setup, said it would take around 20 min... It's finished just now after ca 40 min, so now i'll have my first listen :D

Mar 23, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #20,820 of 62,419
Been lurking on this thread for a while as TWS is a technology that really interests me. I've both reviewed and bought quite a few sets in the pursuit of a decently balanced sound and connectivity that, at least, doesn't get in the way. We're getting closer and the new generation is certainly a big improvement over the first wave we saw last year but we still have a ways to go.

With that said, here are some of my recent TWS reviews of models less discussed. The first is of the Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus, a premium offering that competes with the Airpods Pro, MTW, Sony WF-1000XM3. These have mostly been featured on tech reviews sites, but contrary to their reviews, my units both sound and measure very differently from the original MW07, for the better. It is one of the most comprehensive options on the market, a jack of all trades so to speak with 10hr battery life, ANC, IPX5 water resistance and a fin stabilised fit. Their beryllium drivers also pump out a strong sound, with great bass extension, and a U-shaped signature. They are fairly linear in their transitions and slightly bright within the midrange but nowhere near as wonky as the original and most V-shaped consumer TWS earphones out there. Review is up on Everyday Listening and THL.

I've also reviewed the new Advanced Sound M5 TWS on Everday Listening. What's interesting about this earbud is that it features a Harman-target tuning. To my ear, it has a more forward upper-midrange which can make it sound a bit intense and shouty at times, however, it has the best resolution of any TWS earphone I've tested. The driver quality is very good, offering defined, controlled bass and strong detail retrieval. It also has an intriguing faux-custom design similar to wired IEMs but since it lacks stabilisers, I found the fit slightly less stable than class-leaders. It features the QC3020 chipset alongside 9-hr battery life and IPX5 water resistance. The sliding case is delightfully satisfying to use too lol

Hope these reviews fill in some blanks here, happy listening and stay safe :)

Thank you for the info on the M5's! I am a big, big fan of the Harman target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back