Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #20,776 of 62,079
Anyone with Tidal and a Android phone can stream through UAPP and eq all your songs. I only use UAPP when streaming Tidal as it does a better job shuffling my song then Tidal. I have never used the EQ on there but have looked at it as it has parametric eq.

Mar 21, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #20,777 of 62,079
So I tried the new "pro" presets in the updated Soundcore app and...well some are really horrible, it's hard to believe anyone would want their name associated with that, especially the "Cole M.G.N." with its the bass completely blown out ! I still find the "Signature" one the best apart from the "Hear ID" (even though like others I'm not sure I'm doing the test well since I never stop hearing sound, except on the very last part).

Mar 21, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #20,778 of 62,079
I think I know exactly what you mean. Feels like old day tape player trying to catch up? (Or organ grinder, for the really old folks here :wink: ) I had that on rather rare occasions, but I agree that this might be a BT thing.
Btw, what cadence are you aiming for and what music you found? There was a good podcast motion traxx or something, they still have some old episodes online with 180BPM which are fun for steady cadence training. Usually I only find very aggressive techno in that bpm.

Good feedback, thanks. It's gotta be BT information being lost when the connection gets bad. Really irritating to have to listen to.

Regarding music to regulate running cadence, I have shin splints and my PT says that I need to maintain 180 bpm to avoid heel strikes. Works great.

The first thing I did to create a 180bpm library of songs was to look up what songs have that bpm. Problem is, I don't like many of those songs, and many of them are not 180bpm. So I grabbed what I could listen to and edited them to be 180bpm +/- nothing - dead on. Then I randomly browsed through my digital music collection to find songs that I like to run to that are within 5bpm or so of 180 or 90bpm. Then I edited those to be exactly 180bpm. Takes time, but it's worth it.

Mar 21, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #20,779 of 62,079
Good feedback, thanks. It's gotta be BT information being lost when the connection gets bad. Really irritating to have to listen to.

Regarding music to regulate running cadence, I have shin splints and my PT says that I need to maintain 180 bpm to avoid heel strikes. Works great.

The first thing I did to create a 180bpm library of songs was to look up what songs have that bpm. Problem is, I don't like many of those songs, and many of them are not 180bpm. So I grabbed what I could listen to and edited them to be 180bpm +/- nothing - dead on. Then I randomly browsed through my digital music collection to find songs that I like to run to that are within 5bpm or so of 180 or 90bpm. Then I edited those to be exactly 180bpm. Takes time, but it's worth it.
if you ever release a megamix of that (mixcloud, maybe) let me know. Always looking for good 180bpm music. btw, slower jams at 90bpm also work :wink:

Mar 21, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #20,781 of 62,079
Did anyone compare TRN200 and MTW100 BA? I thinking take something comparable to MTW or better. I dont like large headphone cases or airpods pro-like, MTW100 ergonomics is perfect for me. Besides mifo o7 there are applicants?

MTW100BA is very good, but I want something more or the same, but with a little more bass and scene. I thinking about TRN200, they is hybrid, its mean more bass, but im interesting what about details and sound accuracy, will be sibilants on hard music or not. For that price they must be worse in this sense, but maybe...

I took 20$ coupon from anker ali store plus 25$ from 100$, i can buy liberty 2 pro for 85$ on 03.27. But they can be from first batch with noise problem at idle, i dont want it, if i not be sure. Any advice?

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #20,782 of 62,079
When i had Galaxy Buds+, my LG V50 defaulted to AAC, which sounded a little better than SBC (but not good enough to keep them). With my Master & Dynamics, it defaults to aptX. With an old cheap pair that claimed to have aptX, it defaults to SBC. I suspect that this is because, even though they advertised as having aptX, they really don't. YMMV
Have no idea why LG phones use AAC so much, but i have had similar experiences to yours not only with the v40, but the v30 as well. But bottom line is, while codecs aren't always implemented the same by each OEM, E.G. APTX isn't going to be the same on the Bomaker SiFi as it is on the MW07, if a TWE, BT dev of any kind only has SBC, or only AAC, if you change the codec in dev options, then absolutely nothing happens. That i knew before i tried my experiment, but prior to testing this out, i didn't know whether or not the phone would stay in APTX in this case, or if would default back to AAC. also, if i've switched to aptx using the Senn MTW, then pull out the Anbes359, then the codec switches to SBC. because that's the only codec the anbes359 has. i think some of the similarly styled products E.G. the SSKBT03 may have other codecs, and maybe other varriants of the anbes 359 have different codecs. But i have the original with track navigation and volume control. i mention that because of all the variations made off this model.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #20,784 of 62,079
So I tried the new "pro" presets in the updated Soundcore app and...well some are really horrible, it's hard to believe anyone would want their name associated with that, especially the "Cole M.G.N." with its the bass completely blown out ! I still find the "Signature" one the best apart from the "Hear ID" (even though like others I'm not sure I'm doing the test well since I never stop hearing sound, except on the very last part).
They should stop messing around and just offer a good parametric EQ and be done with it. Their stock EQs range from bad to barely tolerable.

Mar 21, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #20,785 of 62,079
Have no idea why LG phones use AAC so much, but i have had similar experiences to yours not only with the v40, but the v30 as well. But bottom line is, while codecs aren't always implemented the same by each OEM, E.G. APTX isn't going to be the same on the Bomaker SiFi as it is on the MW07, if a TWE, BT dev of any kind only has SBC, or only AAC, if you change the codec in dev options, then absolutely nothing happens. That i knew before i tried my experiment, but prior to testing this out, i didn't know whether or not the phone would stay in APTX in this case, or if would default back to AAC. also, if i've switched to aptx using the Senn MTW, then pull out the Anbes359, then the codec switches to SBC. because that's the only codec the anbes359 has. i think some of the similarly styled products E.G. the SSKBT03 may have other codecs, and maybe other varriants of the anbes 359 have different codecs. But i have the original with track navigation and volume control. i mention that because of all the variations made off this model.
The beauty of AptX is that it is AptX across devices. You know what your are getting. SBC can vary in quality according to implementation so you never quite know what you'll be getting.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #20,786 of 62,079
Still catching up on the thread, but no mention of them for the last several pages. Has anyone used the LG ToneFree HBS-FL7? The one with the UV cleaning in the case? i'm curious about them and Amazon has them for $156.

Mar 21, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #20,787 of 62,079
Still catching up on the thread, but no mention of them for the last several pages. Has anyone used the LG ToneFree HBS-FL7? The one with the UV cleaning in the case? i'm curious about them and Amazon has them for $156.

Never even heard of these before (one review says they came out in Korea in 2019) ... what the heck does 'by Meridian' mean? And I have seen that UV claim before on cheap buds on AliExpress, not sure how tested / proven that is.
I like that they seem to be semi-open / earbud style, but that also seems to be the reason for many unhappy reviewers.
I don't see anything though that would make me want to pay 150$ ... no BA, no ANC, no AptX ...

Mar 22, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #20,788 of 62,079
Mar 22, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #20,789 of 62,079
Wait what? Which Mifo has AptX?
I tried those isntructions for the hidden ambient mode once and all I got was the 2 buds not recognizing each other anymore (Mifo 05) ... took me forever to get them back to normal, so I stopped trying that ... but aptx? That would be awesome! Not sure though how to test that ...

Edit: No, the Mifo 05 do NOT have 'hidden' AptX. Just tested this with my TempoTec V1A player ... from experience, when I have a non AptX set connected and then force AptX on the player, the player restarts, that's what just now happened twice with the Mifo 05, so, maybe clone of 07

in semi unrelated news, postal service has been suspended (in my location) thanks to the ongoing pandemic ... so, no new TWS for a while ... several in the mail ...

Mifo O5 Plus has AptX and hear through. All export models now will be the Plus model with QR code for authenticity check. There are too many fake ones going around in china. mifo.hk is their official site. other sites that claims to be official are ran by a distributor. just check trustpilot to see how dodgy this distributor is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back