Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #18,856 of 62,436
might be because to most folks they can't even notice those problems. i have encountered people, even in audio forum meets, that can't even detect channel imbalance. i wouldn't be surprised that many can't hear hiss in their headphones.. or maybe they do, but think that's normal

I can hear it when there’s no music playing, but it doesn’t bother me one bit. The SQ more than makes up for it.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #18,857 of 62,436
I've thought about those, but they have very minimal controls, which I think is limited to pause/play and answer/end calls! That's just terrible. I'm not sure who thought that's a great idea, but "cleerly" (pun intended) it's not a limitation of TWS technology (I think they use a Qualcomm SoC).

Yeah, you might be right. I read a lot about them, and I could swear the "plus" model added track change, but looking at the manual I don't see that. It looks like the new version does have volume control, at least, but you'd think track change would be a no-brainer. The ANC, Fast Pair, and the move from a 5.8mm to a 10mm driver are intriguing, but I don't know that it's worth the $200 investment, at least until I can order from somewhere like Amazon where returns are guaranteed and not a pain.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #18,858 of 62,436
AUFO M1 is 50$ on Amazon.ca now.
https://www.amazon.ca/Aufo-Headphon...082WR83B9/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

There's many positive reviews but I recall they were asking for beta testers and refunding people on Facebook. Would be nice to know how they compare to others instead of people just saying "they sound good". I did see one recent YouTube review by Rjey Tech where he says their volume and isolation low and the transparency mode is poor.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #18,859 of 62,436
I can hear it when there’s no music playing, but it doesn’t bother me one bit. The SQ more than makes up for it.
The sneaky thing is that some Bluetooth devices attempt to shut down the noise floor when no music is playing, so you won't really notice it until you listen to music with a lot of silence. It also becomes noticeable when browsing a website with an autoplay video (even when muted, you can hear the hiss being output). This was never really noticeable on my wired headphones. Because video and audio editors sometimes use the audio stream constantly, they will keep that static on. You can use this to your advantage if your headphone has an annoying "auto power-off" (as the case with Dyplay Urban Traveller 2.0, not sure if any TWS have this quirk when connected).

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #18,860 of 62,436
I'm not sure why it's more noticeable on some TWEs than on others, at least on the L2Ps it's similar on both sides, on the M5s it's more pronounced on the right...or on the left depending on the unit (right on my first one and left on my replacement unit), on the T1X it's on the right with some "static" (think RF interference) thrown in, but I seem to have a dud.

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #18,861 of 62,436
I'm not sure why it's more noticeable on some TWEs than on others, at least on the L2Ps it's similar on both sides, on the M5s it's more pronounced on the right...or on the left depending on the unit (right on my first one and left on my replacement unit), on the T1X it's on the right with some "static" (think RF interference) thrown in, but I seem to have a dud.
Yeah, I forgot to mention in my previous reply that my right T1x bud sometimes has a high-pitched squeal during silence. Again, not noticeable when music is playing (and I still think the SQ on these things is fantastic), but I have noticed it on occasion.

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #18,862 of 62,436
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #18,863 of 62,436
The sneaky thing is that some Bluetooth devices attempt to shut down the noise floor when no music is playing, so you won't really notice it until you listen to music with a lot of silence. It also becomes noticeable when browsing a website with an autoplay video (even when muted, you can hear the hiss being output). This was never really noticeable on my wired headphones. Because video and audio editors sometimes use the audio stream constantly, they will keep that static on. You can use this to your advantage if your headphone has an annoying "auto power-off" (as the case with Dyplay Urban Traveller 2.0, not sure if any TWS have this quirk when connected).

Yup, browsing through facebook or instagram with the video muted would trigger those hiss on noisy TWS.
The best way to hear the noise floor on the phone is by pressing the volume rocker when music is not playing (triggering the ringtone volume setting). On a noisy TWS or other bluetooth audio device, we would hear those "psst" sound for a few seconds before the system silence it again.

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #18,864 of 62,436
Guys... (and gals?) what's next? Any suggestions? I've been constantly thinking of picking up a pair of mw07 pluses ever since they came out... a really persistent itch and it's annoying me to death. I've also been thinking of just putting a pause on TWEs for a bit...

pPoDmwwsuq7yaQ5Yb84nqW_hGrLm8n9WIsscvZZi_O9IlmQlm0h4xwcniST9gvaPs6uSULQifcGjl6prsZLA8Wjv2qyE46wjBaDyXiGKl_h3n5wJk9F4On8pDNkR7Q7Q_8fGKr1wHpPeZZoPOWYkYmZEy2FTQ-DMm_nhljCN-gVO3UPxzaWeyUsleBgIdmuAU4S9Y6BmEZ_MQHuw9-D9H_Pxw9HPVn8BDec2T8zJV7xJvUkoilDAeVz7QVUp7bHqV9L0ybe1xP-sTEvJDEuhpf1w_eHAG7jmRpZdfrll778a9xS_TRUDYHp6KanViJvLUr7jKH9YlY8RzUpl27RqnMw0a037Dm7b2wBNnkudRz8SpY1S_l1mo8Cu8ilwi8qigdsajk5vZBCtebM35oiDWw-O6EhHKpLJo2mtc9GY9IKkjyv98BWT_D7_TCAlGGEhOCRgScAfNBhqSeyvcr0zFIMWnbZ02sYrGbG1DYJ9qln26NTxP0a_t-J5gOoNc4TTH3XuWNYVkg8e6Tba-yfGlef0C44XNWjL8TYIBdsUzJhynrIuFjxXCloVYLkCSOd2Ot4uWlSDX3fUoTwdL9wPCMIDwnZ7K81cTk4zHdQbrpIcWGwDAC1KjPlks7qjh7h_rJdWZSpfqLNld3TZBU5xGkB22TUV-WvttOyztXgZ87ccXwxHANkUua6p=w890-h1876-no

AF1QipO7E-DxWSyx4mjrcnJsVqNIaMU15Hx1xCX98eCJ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200115-125536.png
    Screenshot_20200115-125536.png
    252.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #18,865 of 62,436
I noticed last night that the regular N6 has driver flex in the right earpiece when inserting, but I haven't had issues when moving my jaw around. I also have found the N6 Pro doesn't have any driver flex.
However my n6 pro have some driver flex issue on its left bud when using spinfit buds. The call quality on these are also not very good especially when using it outside, feedback from my friends they say they can't hear me even when I am speaking normally.

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #18,866 of 62,436
wondering if this is someone in this thread? If it is, good job. Excellent review.

Amazon-com-NUARL-N6-Pro-TWS-True-Wireless-Stereo-Earphones-Earbuds-Bluetooth5-11hr-Playback-apt-X-with-HDSS-IPX4-N6-PRO-MB-MATT-Black-Home-Audio-Theater.png

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #18,868 of 62,436
Still no Edifier NB adopters?? Only 3 real decent reviews but they all said the ANC was better than APP and a few said the SQ is equal to L2P. One or two said better than the Liberty 2 Pro but I'll only take it as an "on par with". What's the turn off? No volume control maybe. Fit, same as L2P it seems just slightly stick out more(so the size perhaps?). Because they weren't on Amazon (they are now)? Figured there would be some adopters by now.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #18,869 of 62,436
Been in a loud coffeehouse much of the afternoon. The Amazon Echo Buds cut the noise wonderfully but that's mostly because the passive isolation is great. To be honest, in this setting, they perform pretty much on par with my wf-1000xm3 (Jan 15 firmware). But I still hold to my earlier point that the echo buds are the most non-dual-BA earphones I've heard to date, and to be frank it annoys me to death.

- the bass on these things is overwhelming, even when turned down via the in-app eq which tames things a bit but at the expense of overall coherence.
- the trebles are weird -- present (very present), but lacking resolution and extension
- mids are, for dual BAs a tad recessed, not bad but not great.

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #18,870 of 62,436
Any recommendation for a earbud that is similiar price range as the nuarl n6 pro, which has aptx tws mode and battery life about 8 hrs without driver flex issue? Oh yes, good call quality too.

‘The Noble Falcon are rated IPX7, they are about $160 and call quality is above average. They have a balanced sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back