Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #18,886 of 62,431
Fully enjoying my tranya t3, anbes 359, and tranya b530, awesome sound for budget truewireless great sound, very nice connection and reliable too they just work nicely no issues. What is the latest and greatest budget truewireless buds everyone is buying now? Anything new I should be looking at????
I think the best budget right now is the tronsmart spunky beat, I got it by 20,5€ in alixpress, and it sounds great, I also have the t3.

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #18,889 of 62,431
In one word: buytheFIILT1x!

I really feel like I am missing out! The most talked about TWS in the last few weeks (Bomaker Sifi and the Fiil T1X) are not easy or too expensive to get when one has no access to amazon, preferably amazon US ...
Not shelling out 70+ $ when I know there are lightning deals when they can be had for 34$ ...

Anyone from the US flying to Sri Lanka anytime soon? :D

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #18,890 of 62,431
Got myself a Tantio W1 Pro which retails for ~$20 and goes to as low as $17 during sales. It has aptx and qcc 3020 chip. Don't know if anyone has had a chance to try it but it looks a lot similar to wavefun aptx buds. Now, I had QCY QS2 as my earlier TWS buds and for the same price they were superb. But these W1 Pro's blow them out of the water in every way possible. These tws have a deep rumbling bass, crisp and clear mids, and rolled off highs. It's more or less a U-shape tuning to my ears. I listen to them at approximately 50-55% volume and they are as loud as my TRN BT20S setup at similar volumes.

Moreover, they matchup to my TRN BT20S+Tennmak Pro setup in terms of SQ. Noise isolation is average but expecting much will be being super greedy. And, the best part of these iems is that the case is very friendly to tip rolling. It even accepts large sized wide bore tips like Tennmak whirlwinds. Currently, I'm using them with some double flange tips from AliExpress. In the sub $30 realm, I think they're very good for casual listening. Didn't find any impressions on these in the thread via casual search so posting it for all members. YMMV and Happy listening.

P.S. - I'm in no way associated to Tantio or anyone. I bought them during December sale from my own pocket.

Link for everyone's reference - https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33056271095.html
At that price sure interesting! But I am realizing that I am using my wavefun not as often as I had anticipated... and just seeing that even the original wavefun are down at 23$ by now

D95346A5-562F-4747-96BF-3CBAF179E271.jpeg

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #18,891 of 62,431
Any recommendation for a earbud that is similiar price range as the nuarl n6 pro, which has aptx tws mode and battery life about 8 hrs without driver flex issue? Oh yes, good call quality too.

To be honest, good call quality is a deal breaker. Apple spoiled TWS call quality forever. I've been on the hunt for your same specs forever. We just aren't there yet.
For those thinking about ordering the T1X from Geekbuying, a word of warning, they are not wanting to honor their DOA policy so far, just offering a partial refund "due to time and cost of return"...I'm making a last attempt before filing a claim with Paypal.

Actually I think that the passive+ANR combo makes for the best noise isolating TWEs out there based on my experience with the LTA+, APP and Sonys. I quite like the sound signature and especially the deep bass, the soundstage could be better...but I have the L2Ps for that :wink: I've read about a new 306714878 firmware here https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P000071nOeFSAU/echo-buds-firmware-306714878-sound-change that apparently reduces the bass so you might like that...and me not so much. Mine have not updated yet. They've added volume control too apparently.

ahh... thx for the info. I'll update my firmware and give it a spin. I might end up keeping these because the alexa integration is actually pretty slick.

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #18,892 of 62,431
I really feel like I am missing out! The most talked about TWS in the last few weeks (Bomaker Sifi and the Fiil T1X) are not easy or too expensive to get when one has no access to amazon, preferably amazon US ...
Not shelling out 70+ $ when I know there are lightning deals when they can be had for 34$ ...

Yeah, sorry, I feel for you. The Fiils are a great deal at $34, but I don't know if I would pay $70+ for them personally.

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #18,893 of 62,431
To be honest, good call quality is a deal breaker. Apple spoiled TWS call quality forever. I've been on the hunt for your same specs forever. We just aren't there yet.

ahh... thx for the info. I'll update my firmware and give it a spin. I might end up keeping these because the alexa integration is actually pretty slick.

I don't see a way of forcing a FW update, I guess they're rolling them out based on the serial number. I think they're a great pair of TWS and if I could only keep one that would be the one. It can do everything...except running maybe as there will be a "thump" so I'd need to keep the X12 too :wink:

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #18,894 of 62,431

Yeah don't make the same mistake I did by getting them from Geekbuying and ending with a dud that they are not wanting to take back under their DOA policy. AE would likely be the same.

The Bomaker Sifi sound good but I can't find a way to wear them to my liking. The super shallow tips are nice because I can tuck them inside my ear but small movements makes them pop out and break the seal and normal tips just make them stick out from my ear and leave them "suspended" in mid-air. As I've posted before they're almost too small and other than looking "cute" I honestly don't see what purpose it fits.

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #18,895 of 62,431
Yeah don't make the same mistake I did by getting them from Geekbuying and ending with a dud that they are not wanting to take back under their DOA policy. AE would likely be the same.

The Bomaker Sifi sound good but I can't find a way to wear them to my liking. The super shallow tips are nice because I can tuck them inside my ear but small movements makes them pop out and break the seal and normal tips just make them stick out from my ear and leave them "suspended" in mid-air. As I've posted before they're almost too small and other than looking "cute" I honestly don't see what purpose it fits.

Have you tried cutting t200 or t400 tips in half? Or maybe try the deep insertion/shallow fit ikko foam tips?

They're pretty neat. Unfortunately a hair too large for my ears. Need 10.5 or 11mm, the small at 11.5mm was too large for my ears.

PhotoGrid_1579135103532.jpg
PhotoGrid_1579135195613.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200121-093835.png
    Screenshot_20200121-093835.png
    517.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20200121-093813.png
    Screenshot_20200121-093813.png
    802.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #18,896 of 62,431

Really need to be better at ‘be happy with what you have’ :wink:
Thinking of that, I made sure that my X12 are charging nicely, it’s their turn as run buds tomorrow. Unfortunately they have become slightly unstable when it comes to keeping a charge when left alone in box, so I have to ‘watch’ them charge the night before :)

well, and i ended up ordering those Dyplay ANC buds that @chinmie raved about. At least something with new feature (anc) Instead of just cute looks

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #18,897 of 62,431
Hi everyone,
I just got the Sabbat E12, I love the looks but hate the sound, the bass is very deep and punchy but there' no treble and they sound muffled (tried every tip included)
I'm now looking at the Tronsmart spunky beats and the Tranya B530, which do you think it'll be the best option?
i'm open to (budget) suggestions!

thanks for your help!!

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #18,898 of 62,431
Have you tried cutting t200 or t400 tips in half? Or maybe try the deep insertion/shallow fit ikko foam tips?

They're pretty neat. Unfortunately a hair too large for my ears. Need 10.5 or 11mm, the small at 11.5mm was too large for my ears.

These ikko foam tips look great and they remind me of the foams that came with the Jabra Elite Sport. Unlike classic Comply (or clones) tips they didn't "muffle" the sound to my ears. Let's see if I can track them down !

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #18,899 of 62,431
Gamesky recently did a secondary review of the Earfun free. He said they released an updated version with volume control and mono mode. I got mine in Oct. of last year and they don't have volume control or Mono Mode and Amazon is still selling the same version. I checked his link and it directs me to the same product I bought. So Beware, Earfun may have updated these buds but as of Jan. 14th in questions they still don't have mono mode or voice control w/o using Siri/Google etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back