Gilmore Lite Amp Owners Unite!
Jun 11, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #376 of 739
Nice !

New units shipped with blue leds which I had to mod?

Cheers.

Richard

The Gilmore Lite mk2 has been shipping with white LEDs for a while now (formerly amber).

The new Dedicated Power Supply will have the white laser engraved panels and white LED. So if you have an older Gilmore Lite mk2 with an amber LED and the bronze colored laser engraving, we'll offer an update for you if you buy the Dedicated Power Supply, at least for pre-orders.

Unfortunately we're now completely out of the standard power supplies for the Lite. Our order for more was set back due to COVID-19, we'll be able to ship more Lite mk2 amps in probably late July.

We will allow pre-orders for it on our site, and I have just added an option to order it with the upcoming Dedicated Power Supply (based on Golden Reference power supply) or the standard or just the Dedicated Power Supply if you already have the amp. For pre-orders, we will update the look of your Gilmore Lite mk2 if you want at no cost except shipping.

https://www.headamp.com/products/gilmore-lite-mk2

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jun 11, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #377 of 739
The Gilmore Lite mk2 has been shipping with white LEDs for a while now (formerly amber).

The new Dedicated Power Supply will have the white laser engraved panels and white LED. So if you have an older Gilmore Lite mk2 with an amber LED and the bronze colored laser engraving, we'll offer an update for you if you buy the Dedicated Power Supply, at least for pre-orders.

Unfortunately we're now completely out of the standard power supplies for the Lite. Our order for more was set back due to COVID-19, we'll be able to ship more Lite mk2 amps in probably late July.

We will allow pre-orders for it on our site, and I have just added an option to order it with the upcoming Dedicated Power Supply (based on Golden Reference power supply) or the standard or just the Dedicated Power Supply if you already have the amp. For pre-orders, we will update the look of your Gilmore Lite mk2 if you want at no cost except shipping.

https://www.headamp.com/products/gilmore-lite-mk2

Hi Justin,

Noted and thanks .. I had modded my early version lite mk2 (fixed voltage linear psu I think) with Silmic 2 caps and blue led. I had also added a dot of luminous white ink on the volume knob for improved visibility in day and night time.

Will be great if the dedicated psu will also be customised blue led for my completed order # 7690 and a photo shared here will be great whiich I may have somehow missed.

Awaiting summer time then :)

Thanks again for the good news on this dedicated psu on the soon-to-be over wait :)

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_20200611-211923_Chrome.jpg
20200611_214048.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #378 of 739
Thanks for the suggestion on replacing these caps. After a brief listening, the most noticeable difference seems to be an improved sound stage, both larger and more accurate. Obviously not A-B comparison. I have always enjoyed this amp.

Now bring on the new PSU!

Hi ZerO.pOint,

Time to pre-order dedicated psu :)

Cheers.

Richard

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #379 of 739
First I want to thank @ksorota for doing the mod on my GLmk2. Thanks a ton bro!!!

I got to spend some time with it this past weekend. What a fantastic little amp!
Before I sent it off for the mod. I had a about a 3 hour session with it. I really liked what I was hearing. It had really nice grunt in the bass. Extremely coherent midrange and some sweet extended treble. During the 3 hour session I kept saying to myself " Man, if only it had more dimensional space" " I hope this mod helps out the imaging a bit".

Man what a difference after the mod. It really has exceeded my expectations! Everything is just better. The slam, the impact, the layers in the imaging and space is phenomenal! The sense of realism is amazing.
It's as if a tube circuit had been installed lol. It's such an organic, liquid flowing , enveloping sound. It is very holographic now. The only thing it lacks a little is air but I'm completely ok with that. I really didn't expect it. It doesn't have tubes lol.

It's such an addicting sound. I spent the better part of 4 hours on my porch last night with the rig. The GLmk2 , especially modded. Might be the deal of the century!

Now my interest in the GSXmini has grown even more. Lol.

Not sure when the matching power supply is supposed to be available. Hopefully soon. The mini is lurking around the corner.

Thanks again K!

Hi Guido,

Just in case somehow missed ..ime to pre-order dedicated psu :)

Cheers.

Richard

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #380 of 739
People, you need to stop posting about anything not relating to the power supply. Every time I get a notice that this thread has been posted on, I am crushed when it turns out to not be a release date, or at least more info.

Hi Dave,

Cheers.

Richard

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #381 of 739
Jun 11, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #382 of 739
Jun 11, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #384 of 739
Quick friendly check-in for @justin w. to see if any progress has been made with the bespoke power supply?

Happy Holidays!

Hi Ksorota,

Cheers.

Richard

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #385 of 739
To be fair, I recall HeadAmp saying they were focusing on the GS-X Mini first and expedite all those orders ... and that appears to be an understandable priority ... not sure I want to get involved with modifying a PS to suit ... well above my pay grade !!!

I think I'd prefer to wait for an endorsed and matched unit to the GL Mk2 with predictable and worthwhile sonic improvements.

Hi Charente,

Our wait is over ... Time to pre-order dedicated psu :)

Cheers.

Richard

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #387 of 739
Is it wrong that I just received my GSX Mini, but I want to pre-order this and get another GLMK2...need one next to my bed right!?!?!

Hi Ksorota,

Sorry to interrupt on separate topic but will really appreciate if you can provide review of gsx mini vs lite mk 2 via SE connection as this will be my use case.

Understand system dependent, personal preference etc.. but still good as reference for me to consider next upgrade when ready to do so.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

Jun 11, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #388 of 739
Hi Ksorota,

Sorry to interrupt on separate topic but will really appreciate if you can provide review of gsx mini vs lite mk 2 via SE connection as this will be my use case.

Understand system dependent, personal preference etc.. but still good as reference for me to consider next upgrade when ready to do so.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard
Richard,

I am just getting into it and have some more listening to do before I can give you a detailed review...but I can say that the mini is just more...more clarity, more detail and more richness to the sound. I am very happy with the upgrade. I am currently using it with LCD-1, and Meze 99 while I wait for my Ether cable to come back (re-termination to xlr) so I cannot really make a judgement on that comparison. My Gilmore also had the Silmic II upgraded caps and I can easily say that the mini sounds more refined.

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #389 of 739
Richard,

I am just getting into it and have some more listening to do before I can give you a detailed review...but I can say that the mini is just more...more clarity, more detail and more richness to the sound. I am very happy with the upgrade. I am currently using it with LCD-1, and Meze 99 while I wait for my Ether cable to come back (re-termination to xlr) so I cannot really make a judgement on that comparison. My Gilmore also had the Silmic II upgraded caps and I can easily say that the mini sounds more refined.

Hey Ksorota,

Thanks thanks and not surprised since rightfully so ... will also look forward to your further sharing of the lite mk2 with the dedicated psu if you ever receives it but please use single ended if possible.

It is a bottomless pit but checking out $ for the mini ... lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Jun 11, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #390 of 739
Hey Ksorota,

Thanks thanks and not surprised but please ... will also look forward to your further sharing of the lite mk2 with the dedicated psu if you ever receives it but please use single ended if possible.

It is a bottomless pit but checking out $ for the mini ... lol !

Cheers.

Richard
Yes a pit it is indeed. I actually do not have the GLMK2 anymore...sold it to help offset the cost of the mini. So unless someone wants to send me a GLMK2 to play with :ksc75smile: or to perform the cap upgrade I will not be able to make that comparison:gs1000smile:.

Once this work from home stuff ends I will probably get another MK2 for the office with the upgraded PSU for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back