Gilmore Lite Amp Owners Unite!
post-15697710
Post #407 of 410

Zer0.p0int.Zer0

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I pulled mine off the market. I just can't let it go. It's a great amp! I know that power supplies make a huge difference but my goal is to get a mini within the next few weeks.
What amazes me the most is how over looked this amp is. Especially with the cap mod. I offered mine for $350 shipped and fees and not one pm. Me personally wouldn't look at anything else as far as solid state goes under $500, or possibly even more!
I'm really at a crossroads. I want to get the LPS for the GLMK2 but that will push the mini back a bit. Decisions, decisions lol.
I think one of the reasons this amp gets overlooked is because there is what seems to me an overblown obsession with balanced amps right now. It’s also kinda small, not the prettiest looking amp, and the $500 price range is a crowded market. But man does it sound great!

Reactions: Guidostrunk
post-15697729
Post #408 of 410

Guidostrunk

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Very crowded lol. Me personally having owned balanced setups now ,and in the past. I don't think there's any difference other than volume. Hopefully I don't get shot for that statement lol.
I'm an old school guy so the aesthetics are beautiful! I love me some old school Crown macro amps. Ugly af but commit audio crimes.

I'm gonna pre order the LPS. I may have to send the combo to @ksorota for evaluation coz he has my goal rn with the dact attenuator. He also modded my GLmk2 and Cavalli Liquid platinum (shhhhh)*wink
I think one of the reasons this amp gets overlooked is because there is what seems to me an overblown obsession with balanced amps right now. It’s also kinda small, not the prettiest looking amp, and the $500 price range is a crowded market. But man does it sound great!

Reactions: ksorota
post-15697880
Post #409 of 410

Slim1970

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Placed my order for the PSU this weekend. Anyone else surprised at how may GL Mk2’s are popping up for sale lately with the ELNA silmic cap mod?
Not really, the cap mod is totally worth it and it does improve the sound of the GL Mk2. I look at it as marketing strategy and a way to move gear. I only sold mine because I have a surplus of amps. I knew my modded GL Mk2 would move faster than an unmodded one and I was right. If I were to buy another GL Mk2 I would have it modded. There's no denying that the GL Mk2 is a great sounding amp on its own, but the cap mod ups the performance level. The new PSU is going to improve things even more.

post-15698304
Post #410 of 410

Traiguen

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I pulled mine off the market. I just can't let it go. It's a great amp! I know that power supplies make a huge difference but my goal is to get a mini within the next few weeks.
What amazes me the most is how over looked this amp is. Especially with the cap mod. I offered mine for $350 shipped and fees and not one pm. Me personally wouldn't look at anything else as far as solid state goes under $500, or possibly even more!
I'm really at a crossroads. I want to get the LPS for the GLMK2 but that will push the mini back a bit. Decisions, decisions lol.
Same experience here, I have it in $400 - 1 month of use - and I get nobody interested. This amp is hugely unappreciated, it has been my favorite amp of a large list.... THX AAA, SP200, RME ADI-2, Liquid Spark...... I am only selling because the GSX-Mini is on its way, but I will get it off the market and keep it, I love this amp.

Reactions: Guidostrunk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)