Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #5,042 of 5,506

Quote:
How do they go to associating death metal such as Anata with Nickelback.??!!!!! By the way if you play some Nile on the Pro's they actually do a passable job. I use some songs from the Annihilation Of The Wicked album as test material.

I have no clue man haha.

Yeah, the Pro's aren't too bad. I was actually thinking about getting a pair of refurbs when they were hovering around $200... That, however, would be so grossly hypocritical; I couldn't bring myself to buy one.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #5,045 of 5,506

Quote:
OT
in your avatar, I thought the headphone had teeth in its pads, what a nightmare.
100x100px-LS-479c2e8a_Pinecone.jpeg

And I second this notion, how peculiar that a mind can play neat tricks like this, it is a pine cone that gives the illusion of teeth!

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #5,046 of 5,506

Quote:
Good point with the electronic music. But my point remains: topping the charts has nothing to do with talent. When an artist wins all those awards for a music revolving around the word "Baby" I can't call it talent.

But would you call Deadmau5 talented?

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #5,047 of 5,506
I've found that a good rule of thumb with regards to listening to popular new music is to avoid pretty much everything that gets nominated for a Grammy. There are always exceptions of course, but in a year where the top contenders include Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Bruno Mars, you can bet that you'd probably better look elsewhere for good modern music. Where the Grammys do come in handy, however, is when someone wins and the public backlash is either huge or the public is mostly just confused about why they won. *Then* the winners may be worth checking out.

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #5,048 of 5,506

Quote:
I've found that a good rule of thumb with regards to listening to popular new music is to avoid pretty much everything that gets nominated for a Grammy. There are always exceptions of course, but in a year where the top contenders include Rihanna, Lady Gaga, and Bruno Mars, you can bet that you'd probably better look elsewhere for good modern music. Where the Grammys do come in handy, however, is when someone wins and the public backlash is either huge or the public is mostly just confused about why they won. *Then* the winners may be worth checking out.

I like Adele's music and she won awards.

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #5,049 of 5,506
I knew I wasn't alone in thinking that it's some sort of funky cloth pads. Now it looks uninteresting because we know it's just an acorn now...

Not an acorn :b pine cone!
What's your pic? Looks almost like Tichiel from TalesWeaver but I don't see the connection with scissors and stuff with the hair (so I assume it is not).

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #5,051 of 5,506

Quote:
Quote:
I like Adele's music and she won awards.

One of the few I like as well. Very talented. 

I listen to my fair share of electronic music just because I like it, I dont really care if it required talent or not as long as it's appealing to me quite personally. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #5,052 of 5,506

Quote:

I would, but I by no means have enough knowledge about House music to put much faith into this assumption. I just started really getting into electronic music a few months ago, and it's weird talking about "talent" when you're referring to digital sound waves. I'm not saying a DJ can't be talented, just that I still don't quite understand what that means. And this has nothing to do with Justin Bieber, which I know to not be talented. His looks and awards have nothing to do with his music, talent is something you obtain through practice and inspiration I guess. When someone wins a Grammy all it tells me is that his music is very easy to listen to, that if I show it to someone chances are he'll like it. It doesn't tell me they put a lot of effort. I like a few 2012 Grammy-winning songs and by no mean do I think they're talented songs.

Also, I've been thinking about something. People credit voice too much. Mark Sandman from Morphine had a drunk Crooning voice, it doesn't sound like what most would consider good. If his voice was better I wouldn't consider him more talented because he was just born that way. But his lyrics are a great product of inspiration and creativity, and that shows more talent than anything else. That girl from the Kpop group had a great voice, but the lyrics are what a 14 year-old girl would write on her diary, so it shows lack of talent. Like DigitalPride said, if she had been born with a generic voice and +100Lbs and wrote that no one would care.

Oh and another thing: quit the "mainstream music is bad" BS. This isn't 1998 anymore, mainstream music can be good and garage bands can suck.

Mar 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #5,053 of 5,506

Quote:

Quote:

I would, but I by no means have enough knowledge about House music to put much faith into this assumption. I just started really getting into electronic music a few months ago, and it's weird talking about "talent" when you're referring to digital sound waves. I'm not saying a DJ can't be talented, just that I still don't quite understand what that means. And this has nothing to do with Justin Bieber, which I know to not be talented. His looks and awards have nothing to do with his music, talent is something you obtain through practice and inspiration I guess. When someone wins a Grammy all it tells me is that his music is very easy to listen to, that if I show it to someone chances are he'll like it. It doesn't tell me they put a lot of effort. I like a few 2012 Grammy-winning songs and by no mean do I think they're talented songs.

Also, I've been thinking about something. People credit voice too much. Mark Sandman from Morphine had a drunk Crooning voice, it doesn't sound like what most would consider good. If his voice was better I wouldn't consider him more talented because he was just born that way. But his lyrics are a great product of inspiration and creativity, and that shows more talent than anything else. That girl from the Kpop group had a great voice, but the lyrics are what a 14 year-old girl would write on her diary, so it shows lack of talent. Like DigitalPride said, if she had been born with a generic voice and +100Lbs and wrote that no one would care.

Oh and another thing: quit the "mainstream music is bad" BS. This isn't 1998 anymore, mainstream music can be good and garage bands can suck.

Funny, when I got into electronic all I listened to at first was Deadmau5.  His mixes are very basic and theres no denying it.  Whatever floats your boat is fine, I am just saying. I prefer to listen to Tiesto, or Armin Van Buuren.

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #5,054 of 5,506
Taken from Reddit:

"I don't think you get it Beats..."

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #5,055 of 5,506

Quote:
Yes, and it is unbelievably bad... 
If you're not wearing Bosé (as people I know call it in a desperate attempt to make it sound fancy) or Beats by Dre, people think you wasted your money on any headphones not those two that are more than $100, mainly because they think they "look cool". I laugh at how wrong they are...

But it's very easy to sway Bose fans because they genuinely believe Bose have the greatest sound quality; and when they hear good headphones, 0.0 their reactions are worth the frustration.

I know a friend of mine who has a pair of Bose, to be honest, I don't even like the how Bose headphones look lol. He always suggests them when I ask what pair of headphones I should get. He at least thinks they're better than Beats. I do like the style of Beats, but before I even get a pair, I rather wait till I get a job lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back