Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Mar 2, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #4,951 of 5,506

Quote:
Someone on a hip-hop forum I frequent just asked where he could find the cheapest beats solo fakes the other day.  Main reason?  Because he is trying to impress a girl.  Even said flat out he doesnt care what they sound like.  
blink.gif

There are some beats dickriders on the forum, but people there mainly know that there are better options out there for the money.  They actually had a decently long thread where people gave mini reviews on the headphones they owned and the majority actually WASNT beats.  So this guy looking for fakes to get laid didnt have a very successful thread ha.

Link please.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #4,953 of 5,506

Quote:
There are obviously no underlying racist connotations from that image, right? :wink:

Stupidity and greed comes in all colors, I'm afraid 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Someone on a hip-hop forum I frequent just asked where he could find the cheapest beats solo fakes the other day.  Main reason?  Because he is trying to impress a girl.  Even said flat out he doesnt care what they sound like.  
blink.gif

There are some beats dickriders on the forum, but people there mainly know that there are better options out there for the money.  They actually had a decently long thread where people gave mini reviews on the headphones they owned and the majority actually WASNT beats.  So this guy looking for fakes to get laid didnt have a very successful thread ha.

I actually prefer an honest admission of futility than arrogance. At least he said all he wanted was to impress someone. The ones that are really annoying are the crew who keeps insisting Beats are the best invention since the wheel.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #4,954 of 5,506

Quote:

Anyone notice in that picture there's two light skinned vs two dark skinned?

Once I grew up and spent some time out in the real world I quickly realized being a whitey or a darky meant nothing and immediately went color blind which is a good thing. Saints and sinners come in all shapes sizes and colors.

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #4,955 of 5,506

Quote:
Once I grew up and spent some time out in the real world I quickly realized being a whitey or a darky meant nothing and immediately went color blind which is a good thing. Saints and sinners come in all shapes sizes and colors.

yup, and so do stupid people that try to convince me that beats are the only headphone invented.

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #4,957 of 5,506
I happen to like that song, hearing it used in a Beats by Dre commercial  makes me mad.

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #4,958 of 5,506
So.. clearly Monster and Dre (before) had deals and endorsements locally, like Beiber and LMAO and many more...

And admittedly I have been getting more and more into Kpop over the last year and half or so.. (I'm sure you know who they are and how they perform and what...
Hint... one fo those groups were recently on David Letterman... )

Some I like and some I don't. And of the groups, 2NE1, which I'm sure you heard of (not the ones in the clip) are the 2nd most popular Kpop girl group locally and globally... So here I am sitting and watching an MV (music video), and all of sudden, one of those girls is dancing and singing while sporting these yellow shiny Beats Studios...

And I'm looking at this speechless...   That was something else...

Hey, I'm not bashing beats or studios (they're okay, just not for the price)... but in Kpop video...?  

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #4,959 of 5,506

Quote:
So.. clearly the Monster and Dre (before) had deals and endorsement, like Beiber and LMAO and many more...

But, admittedly I have been getting more and more into Kpop over the last year and half or so.. (I'm sure you know who they are and how they perform and what...
Hint... one fo those groups were recently on David Letterman... )

Some I like and some I don't. And of the groups, 2NE1, which I'm sure you heard of (not the ones in the clip) are the 2nd most popular Kpop girl group locally and globally... So here I am sitting and watching an MV (music video), and all of sudden, one of those girls is dancing and singing while sporing these yellow shiny Beats Studios...

And I'm looking at this speechless...   That was something else...

Hey, I'm not bashing beats or studios (they're okay, just not for the price)... but in Kpop video...?  

I don't know about everyone else, but Kpop is very common here down in Perth. Speaking of Girls Generation, that song that goes like "G G G G G G " still haunts me til today.

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #4,962 of 5,506
Mar 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #4,963 of 5,506

Quote:

Wow that was bad. It's that whole stereotype against pop in one video: everyone's pretty, the voices are 80% computer and 20% human, synchronized dancing, repetitive noises (aka lyrics) about boys, sex, party, love. I think my gf listens to this kind of thing, sadly through her NE-700x.

I admit I went fastforward, but I didn't see any Beats.

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #4,965 of 5,506

The greatest song...ever.

EDIT: It's a friggin' Kpop group, what do you expect?

Quote:

Wow that was bad. It's that whole stereotype against pop in one video: everyone's pretty, the voices are 80% computer and 20% human, synchronized dancing, repetitive noises (aka lyrics) about boys, sex, party, love. I think my gf listens to this kind of thing, sadly through her NE-700x.

I admit I went fastforward, but I didn't see any Beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back