Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #4,847 of 5,506
http://memebase.com/2012/02/24/internet-memes-oh-nice-phones-bro/comment-page-1/#comment-676972
Hooray i was first!
Anyway on my school having beats is the pinnacle of sound. . .yeah right.
And IF I show some friends something else they are like "Just like the beats headphones"(like any beats headphone is in ANY way innovative) or "beats have better bass" or the classic "Those are cr*p,my beats have Moar bass"
Anyway like I stated its a mediocre sounding fashion statement.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #4,850 of 5,506

Quote:
Actually V-Modas didn't use to sound good for their price. I guess things can change, though I haven't picked up the m80 for a listen yet. They do look sharp.

On a side note, I think V-Modas have their fair share of celebrity endorsements too. If I remember correctly, Alexander Ovechkin is one.

yeah but, who's that? 
biggrin.gif

and seriously, the M80 are one fine headphone, not the usual bass heavy and muddy mainstream pretty headphone. I prefer it over the beyer DT1350 even if I get shot for saying it

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #4,852 of 5,506
Next time just flatten out the head band and ask him if his Beats can do that.

Quote:
A friend of mine got Studios, but hey he likes them so I wasn't going to say much. I tried em and they were alright. I didn't think they were bad just worth nowhere near $300. He saw me with the M-80s I just got yesterday and asked me what they were. I told him they were the new headphones I was waiting for. To my shock, he told me he thought they were a cheap, crappy pair that I'm using as a temporary pair. I was astounded that he thought the M-80s looked cheap and crappy (I think they look quite nice). After that insult though I just unloaded on him hard about how bad Beats are and what a waste of money they were. Later that day i let him try the M-80s and I could just see the look on his face as he realized how much better they sounded compared to his Studios.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #4,853 of 5,506
The other day a friend posted on facebook that his studios got stolen and was looking for some new headphones. Being the good guy head-fier that I am, I responded with the 96 portable shootout thread on here, and recommended either the m80, HD25, DT1350. He gave the post a thumbs up. I was happy, until today.

He posted that he had bought this: http://boomphones.com/products/phones/

images

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #4,854 of 5,506

Quote:
Next time just flatten out the head band and ask him if his Beats can do that.

Haha. Funny enough that's exactly what i did. I showed him the pretty crazy ways you can stretch and contort them. He was pretty surprised and he knows if he tried to bend his studios even 10% as much as you can with the M-80s, his studios would break.

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #4,855 of 5,506

Quote:
Actually V-Modas didn't use to sound good for their price. I guess things can change, though I haven't picked up the m80 for a listen yet. They do look sharp.

On a side note, I think V-Modas have their fair share of celebrity endorsements too. If I remember correctly, Alexander Ovechkin is one.

That's perfect, Ovi's a bad ass.

If I'm honest, my Crossfade LP's aren't great, but they are well worth the $80 I paid. I could take them and smash a pair of Beats with them without a scratch.

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #4,856 of 5,506

Quote:
The other day a friend posted on facebook that his studios got stolen and was looking for some new headphones. Being the good guy head-fier that I am, I responded with the 96 portable shootout thread on here, and recommended either the m80, HD25, DT1350. He gave the post a thumbs up. I was happy, until today.

He posted that he had bought this: http://boomphones.com/products/phones/

images

The photoshop level on that site

IS TOO DAMN LOW

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #4,857 of 5,506

Quote:
yeah but, who's that? 
biggrin.gif

and seriously, the M80 are one fine headphone, not the usual bass heavy and muddy mainstream pretty headphone. I prefer it over the beyer DT1350 even if I get shot for saying it

OH HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!! THE DT1350 ARE MUCH MORE REVELING, BASS LIGHT, AND VERY PARTICULAR ABOUT THE SOURCE AND SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU LIKE THE M80 OVER THESE!!!!.

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #4,858 of 5,506

Quote:
http://memebase.com/2012/02/24/internet-memes-oh-nice-phones-bro/comment-page-1/#comment-676972
Hooray i was first!
Anyway on my school having beats is the pinnacle of sound. . .yeah right.
And IF I show some friends something else they are like "Just like the beats headphones"(like any beats headphone is in ANY way innovative) or "beats have better bass" or the classic "Those are cr*p,my beats have Moar bass"
Anyway like I stated its a mediocre sounding fashion statement.

Saw this gem in the comments

[size=1.3em] they may be over priced but as an owner of solos i absolutely love them and i tested the water on senns (if thats how you would abbreviate that), as well as skullcandy, bose, and sony. and they are very durable i had them on my neck during a car crash yesterday the car barrel rolled twice and they are fine still! true story. they also sound fairly good and have good style all together not worth the bashing they are getting. but you’re all entitled to your opinions.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back