Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 9, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #4,561 of 5,506

Quote:
Sorry, my analogy wasn't the greatest. I meant to say that the quality of the bass was better (to me) with the XB-500; more defined whereas the Solos just had bass all over (and not in a good sense).

Oh and did your GF prefer the senns but liked the look of the solos?

It wouldn't surprise me.
Even my gf would say that my headphones are better, but yet if she was one of those girls that seeks attention - which she isn't - she would like to wear the solos instead.

PS.
I gave here these headphones, not great, but then again she doesn't use them that much - she really loves their style:
i-mego

At their price, again your paying more style of quality, but they are not too over-priced -> I would pay half for them, ie. £25 only SQ wise.

Quote:
I personally wouldnt say the XB500 bass is great quality. But when having to compare them to Beats... It's like comparing apples to herpes.

Solos IMO are just terrible - quite literally I put them on, and get them off straight away...its so muddy its unbelievable.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #4,563 of 5,506
I own a pair of Beats Studios, and lets just be clear about one thing. Sure it may look good and all, but the price is definitely not on par with the sound and noise cancellation funcions it provides. The sound it produces are muddy and lack clarity, compared to the XB500, which are actually better in a sense. The noise cancellation was average, only being able to hear the biggest difference when on a plane. But for youths out there who do not really care about audio quality and prefer to invest on something more street savvy and more versatile with today's hip hop, rap etc., the Beats is a good headphone, but other than that I wouldn't recommend it.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #4,564 of 5,506

Quote:
I own a pair of Beats Studios, and lets just be clear about one thing. Sure it may look good and all, but the price is definitely not on par with the sound and noise cancellation funcions it provides. The sound it produces are muddy and lack clarity, compared to the XB500, which are actually better in a sense. The noise cancellation was average, only being able to hear the biggest difference when on a plane. But for youths out there who do not really care about audio quality and prefer to invest on something more street savvy and more versatile with today's hip hop, rap etc., the Beats is a good headphone, but other than that I wouldn't recommend it.

bingo +1

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #4,565 of 5,506

I personally wouldnt say the XB500 bass is great quality. But when having to compare them to Beats... It's like comparing apples to herpes.

Thanks! Just found a new quote for my sig! :D

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #4,567 of 5,506

Quote:
I will no longer call people out for not wearing the Beats... I will start calling them out for not wearing Ludacris headphone.

I don't know much about them but they are at least priced right aren't they for how they sound?
On another note I wasn't called out for not for not having beats but I was called out for having my Grado RS1is on in my dorm floors kitchen and called had them described as hipster headphones (which i suppose is true since they aren't mainstream lol)

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #4,571 of 5,506
One of the reviews say you can hear every small or big beat! Is there really anything else that matters after that?

It seems like Beats might not be too terrible... I think they've just hit their target market well and end up occasionally getting the wrong consumer. If you read the comments, it's clear what most of those people are listening to and it's not necessarily a bad headphone for them. Of course, we all know they could bring a bit more detail and quality to the bass, but it's not too bad aside from that. Let's be honest... It's not like a bunch of people that listen exclusively to classical music are running out to buy Beats.

I do hope that anyone recording and mixing with headphones that have such a weighted signature is aware that it will sound differently on different set ups and might not have the same appeal it had on their "perfect" headphones.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #4,572 of 5,506
I kid you not, my mum just told me this over skype:
"I don't like the Monsters, there no good, and I don't like calling them"

(The "I Don't like calling them" comes from when I was interested about 1 month ago in the beats pro refurbished, form the US (as she went there for a month, from the UK) - I hadn't demoed them properly then - and when I did, I called off the buy, as I wasn't happy even paying $250 for them...)

I'm so proud of her.
First a SGS rooted, now beats beef - brilliant at her age (58):D

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #4,573 of 5,506

Quote:
Thanks! Just found a new quote for my sig!
biggrin.gif

xD No problemo! I'm quite honoured actually :wink:

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #4,574 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't know much about them but they are at least priced right aren't they for how they sound?
On another note I wasn't called out for not for not having beats but I was called out for having my Grado RS1is on in my dorm floors kitchen and called had them described as hipster headphones (which i suppose is true since they aren't mainstream lol)

The SL150's are actually priced pretty well to compete. Beats the living snot out of the Solos they were supposed to compete with, and very badly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back