Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Feb 1, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #4,321 of 5,506
A pair of Beats gets crushed by a brick in the new Die Antwoord video, ' I Fink U Freeky.'  (NSFW) Just thought you all should know.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #4,322 of 5,506
So here's some measurement of fake vs real Beats. The fake ones seems to measure better 
blink.gif

http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Headphones&category=275&document_srl=11063

This picture came up on my newsfeed today. The similarity is amazing 
eek.gif

419582_181923895240422_181904471909031_216601_133597003_n.jpg

Eddie_Thacker.jpg

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #4,323 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't know if I've already posted this, but no, I probably won't trust Monster as a company. It has nothing to do with their products (which, from what I've seen so far, have only the Turbines to be proud of). They are a dishonest company, the true evil-corporation-clichè. I really believe they only care about money.

-They have a habit of sueing any other company that dares go by the name of Monster, even if there is absolutely no way that their products might be mistaken under some sort of copyright legislation. A good example is when they sued a mini-golf course called Monster, and then when they realized the public didn't really go for huge corporations sueing small family businesses, they droped it. It's pathetic.

-They are known to sell really unnecessarily expensive cables, the most notorious case is their amazing 100$ HDMI cable. You're paying for the brand, basically.

-Their marketing plots are ridiculous. They had a Monster Best Buy display (the story is on youtube, it's not mine, but it is real) with 2 screens: one using a HDMI monster cable, the other using some cheap brand cable. Everyone was impressed at how much better the Monster cable was. What they didn't tell you was that the cheap cable was a VGA, not HDMI. Not only is it a different technology, so not comparable, they are comparing a digital signal to an analog one.

-And obviously, they employed Beats by Dre. Another bad marketing ploy is the Beats Audio in HP laptops, which is basically a fancy UI for the Windows EQ. Oh and when you turn off the Beats Audio, it sets your EQ to cut off all the bass, so you think the sound is much better with Beats.

I would hardly trust a company that did one of these, but they did all...

Do you have a link for this one or is it just speculation?

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #4,324 of 5,506

Quote:

Do you have a link for this one or is it just speculation?

I'd have to find a specific article for the laptops, but there were similar reports in reviews of the Beats audio for the HTC Rezound. They basically said that the bass and volume are reduced. Of course, there was more to the Beats EQ than JUST bass and volume, but reviews basically give the feeling that the sound is flat without using the Beats EQ. Depending on exactly how it's integrated into the phone, it may be difficult to compensate for even with a 3rd party (music player app) EQ. I don't remember reading if using EQ's from other apps helped the sound at all. At the very least, Beats audio in devices hasn't been recommended as being a better option for people looking for better sound quality. The phone reviews pretty much say to ignore that it has Beats audio because you can get a good pair of IEM/headphones and use a different music program for EQ on pretty much any phone and get results that are just as good or better.

After typing that, I did a search just to find what the claimed differences are for the laptops:
http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/holiday-beats/all-products.html?jumpid=re_r329_beats_redirect_redirect

Basically they say it offers better amplification and a couple of design features to reduce some noise. I assume these claims are in comparison to integrated audio. They also list the "beats audio" function, which is just an EQ. If it's similar to the phones, then it will sound boring without it activated.

Feb 1, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #4,326 of 5,506

The latest album, Bangarang, has actually very little, I was surprised. I'm not saying this is good or bad, honestly I really like his music, and that album was really meh compared to his older stuff. Also, when I saw the Beats in that video I felt a part of me die inside.

If it makes you feel any better, there's still a possibility that it was all marketing. I've seen him in one of his random videos wearing a pair of Sennheisers.

Edit: HD202 II's, kinda meh

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #4,328 of 5,506
Skrillex seems to be very fickle about what headphones he wears. It's probably just advertising of some sort. I wonder what headphones he really uses..
ph34r.gif

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #4,329 of 5,506

Anyways, I have yet to see what headphones he actually uses to produce, but Im more than 100% sure the beats in that video were strictly advertising.  It would explain why there is no sub bass in 98% of his music, but I cant see it being his production headphone.  As much as a lot of people hate him, he is pretty talented musically, and I would think he would know better.  Who knows though.  Speaking of skrillex and headphones, now that I think about it the picture above is the first I have ever seen of him with headphones during a performance.  Hm.  Looks like he MIGHT have actually been mixing?!  weird.

Anyways, sorry for the off topic post...  beats beats beats.
Here in the twin cities it seems to be an epidemic.  I can walk 4 blocks downtown Minneapolis and spot at least ten people wearing them.  Bah. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #4,330 of 5,506
I'm sure someone has pointed this out. Kinda Funny.

EDIT: just saw a comment mentioning head-fi, haha.

Feb 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #4,332 of 5,506
Really? No Sub Bass...You think he'd know better. He's either bad at what he does (Dubstep), or he's a moron and produces with Beats. Pick one. :D

Quote:

Anyways, I have yet to see what headphones he actually uses to produce, but Im more than 100% sure the beats in that video were strictly advertising.  It would explain why there is no sub bass in 98% of his music, but I cant see it being his production headphone.  As much as a lot of people hate him, he is pretty talented musically, and I would think he would know better.  Who knows though.  Speaking of skrillex and headphones, now that I think about it the picture above is the first I have ever seen of him with headphones during a performance.  Hm.  Looks like he MIGHT have actually been mixing?!  weird.

Here in the twin cities it seems to be an epidemic.  I can walk 4 blocks downtown Minneapolis and spot at least ten people wearing them.  Bah. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #4,334 of 5,506

Quote:

I live there too and I agree, it's literally a flood of them. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #4,335 of 5,506

Quote:
Really? No Sub Bass...You think he'd know better. He's either bad at what he does (Dubstep), or he's a moron and produces with Beats. Pick one. :D

Touche.  

He needs to start announcing that he has no part in producing dubstep before each of his sets.  New fans of the genre have no idea.  I try to show newcomers the roots of dubstep whenever possible, and so many of them think its absolute **** haha.  Whatever.

Ok Im done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back