Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #4,306 of 5,506
I don't know if I've already posted this, but no, I probably won't trust Monster as a company. It has nothing to do with their products (which, from what I've seen so far, have only the Turbines to be proud of). They are a dishonest company, the true evil-corporation-clichè. I really believe they only care about money.

-They have a habit of sueing any other company that dares go by the name of Monster, even if there is absolutely no way that their products might be mistaken under some sort of copyright legislation. A good example is when they sued a mini-golf course called Monster, and then when they realized the public didn't really go for huge corporations sueing small family businesses, they droped it. It's pathetic.

-They are known to sell really unnecessarily expensive cables, the most notorious case is their amazing 100$ HDMI cable. You're paying for the brand, basically.

-Their marketing plots are ridiculous. They had a Monster Best Buy display (the story is on youtube, it's not mine, but it is real) with 2 screens: one using a HDMI monster cable, the other using some cheap brand cable. Everyone was impressed at how much better the Monster cable was. What they didn't tell you was that the cheap cable was a VGA, not HDMI. Not only is it a different technology, so not comparable, they are comparing a digital signal to an analog one.

-And obviously, they employed Beats by Dre. Another bad marketing ploy is the Beats Audio in HP laptops, which is basically a fancy UI for the Windows EQ. Oh and when you turn off the Beats Audio, it sets your EQ to cut off all the bass, so you think the sound is much better with Beats.

I would hardly trust a company that did one of these, but they did all...

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #4,307 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't know if I've already posted this, but no, I probably won't trust Monster as a company. It has nothing to do with their products (which, from what I've seen so far, have only the Turbines to be proud of). They are a dishonest company, the true evil-corporation-clichè. I really believe they only care about money.

-They have a habit of sueing any other company that dares go by the name of Monster, even if there is absolutely no way that their products might be mistaken under some sort of copyright legislation. A good example is when they sued a mini-golf course called Monster, and then when they realized the public didn't really go for huge corporations sueing small family businesses, they droped it. It's pathetic.

-They are known to sell really unnecessarily expensive cables, the most notorious case is their amazing 100$ HDMI cable. You're paying for the brand, basically.

-Their marketing plots are ridiculous. They had a Monster Best Buy display (the story is on youtube, it's not mine, but it is real) with 2 screens: one using a HDMI monster cable, the other using some cheap brand cable. Everyone was impressed at how much better the Monster cable was. What they didn't tell you was that the cheap cable was a VGA, not HDMI. Not only is it a different technology, so not comparable, they are comparing a digital signal to an analog one.

-And obviously, they employed Beats by Dre. Another bad marketing ploy is the Beats Audio in HP laptops, which is basically a fancy UI for the Windows EQ. Oh and when you turn off the Beats Audio, it sets your EQ to cut off all the bass, so you think the sound is much better with Beats.

I would hardly trust a company that did one of these, but they did all...

Not to mention they sued fanny wang for copying the beats design even though it wasn't under their patents.A stupid move IMO.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #4,308 of 5,506
I would like to know if there are any songs that were mastered or mixed by someone wearing beats and then be able to listen to them on neutral headphones (lol I have none of those).

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #4,309 of 5,506

Quote:
I would like to know if there are any songs that were mastered or mixed by someone wearing beats and then be able to listen to them on neutral headphones (lol I have none of those).

I don't think they exist? The "studio" in the name is referring to the one where they take the photos AFTER the album, not before the mixing/mastering process.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #4,310 of 5,506

Quote:

I'm guessing that Skrillex uses Beats Studios to master his music according to a video that he did. That should explain why that there isn't much bass in his music

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #4,311 of 5,506

Quote:
I'm guessing that Skrillex uses Beats Studios to master his music according to a video that he did. That should explain why that there isn't much bass in his music

I always wondered why people say he has bass in his music because it really has VERY little except for a handful of songs. 

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #4,312 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't think the Beats rage had much to do with the looks..

I was directing my reply specifically at the guy who called them stunning. Beats needed to look "cool" to sell to their target market. Beyond that, the only other concern for appearance was brand image. I think the brand image is more linked to the marketing, which is absolutely the reason for their success. If it wasn't for the marketing, like you mentioned, they would have never done as well. In that regard, I have to respect Beats. That said, I really don't like companies that rely on marketing instead of trying to develop a better product.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4,313 of 5,506
If you explain the rationale behind Beats not being good WITHOUT the audiophile snobbery, then maybe you can win some people over. On the other hand, I can't see many audiophiles making an argument against the Beats without being derisive. Ha ^_^ that said, love my Skullcandy Aviators (don't hate, these are a seriously good set of actually fashionable cans you could consider purchasing if you care about your style), and how they're better than Beats Studio and cooler looking (in my opinion) at half the price.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #4,314 of 5,506

Quote:
I always wondered why people say he has bass in his music because it really has VERY little except for a handful of songs. 

The latest album, Bangarang, has actually very little, I was surprised. I'm not saying this is good or bad, honestly I really like his music, and that album was really meh compared to his older stuff. Also, when I saw the Beats in that video I felt a part of me die inside.

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #4,315 of 5,506
Quote:
Beats By Dre, created by legendary hip-hop producer Dr. Dre, are considered to be among the best — and priciest — headphones on the market, with even the basic model running upwards of $100 a piece.
This article btw is FAR worse:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-celebrates-first-super-bowl-extravagant-gift-193820706.html
The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the teamproduce a "clean, yet forceful sound."  
WOW guys, according to Yahoo! Sports News, Beats by Dre are WIDELY regarded as the BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! It's OFFICIAL!!

Oh my God, what an outstanding revelation!  If only I had known that I could purchase the BEST IN THE INDUSTRY, AND THE PRICIEST HEADPHONES FOR AS LITTLE AS $100.00 !!! I could have saved literally thousands of dollars (as evidenced in my signature below).
So I guess it's time to get rid of those overpriced HE-60, Jades, LCD-2, AKG K-1000 and my Stax and my Amps/DAC's.  I can hardly wait for my Beats to arrive so that I can finally listen to my YouTube 64kbps audio files and 128kbps MP3's in outstanding, mind-blowing sound quality.  All this and the fact that I can look so cool and awesome when out in public, just knowing that I have the absolute BEST Headphones the world has ever seen !!!  If  only had I known !

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #4,316 of 5,506

Quote:
Quote:
Beats By Dre, created by legendary hip-hop producer Dr. Dre, are considered to be among the best — and priciest — headphones on the market, with even the basic model running upwards of $100 a piece.
This article btw is FAR worse:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-celebrates-first-super-bowl-extravagant-gift-193820706.html
The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the teamproduce a "clean, yet forceful sound."  
WOW guys, according to Yahoo! Sports News, Beats by Dre are WIDELY regarded as the BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! It's OFFICIAL!!

Oh my God, what an outstanding revelation!  If only I had known that I could purchase the BEST IN THE INDUSTRY, AND THE PRICIEST HEADPHONES FOR AS LITTLE AS $100.00 !!! I could have saved literally thousands of dollars (as evidenced in my signature below).
So I guess it's time to get rid of those overpriced HE-60, Jades, LCD-2, AKG K-1000 and my Stax and my Amps/DAC's.  I can hardly wait for my Beats to arrive so that I can finally listen to my YouTube 64kbps audio files and 128kbps MP3's in outstanding, mind-blowing sound quality.  All this and the fact that I can look so cool and awesome when out in public, just knowing that I have the absolute BEST Headphones the world has ever seen !!!  If  only had I known !

I find the funniest part being that they literally copied and pasted from the beats description on its website.

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #4,317 of 5,506

Quote:
I find the funniest part being that they literally copied and pasted from the beats description on its website.

And the fact that they're described as producing "a clean, yet forceful sound." That is possibly the worst description of a SS I've ever heard. At least it doesn't say "and an immense soundstage, capable of accurately transporting and placing the instruments around your head."  

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #4,318 of 5,506
None of his music has had satisfactory sub bass IMO. It's a fun listen if you want high energy, but as actual Dubstep it falls way short.

Quote:

The latest album, Bangarang, has actually very little, I was surprised. I'm not saying this is good or bad, honestly I really like his music, and that album was really meh compared to his older stuff. Also, when I saw the Beats in that video I felt a part of me die inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back