Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #4,262 of 5,506

Quote:

^Maybe your ears need cleaning? I had wax blocking one ear for about a day and it was a surprisingly terrible experience. Most of the day it was just a really muffled feeling (like ear plugs), but a few times it became completely blocked, which was really unsettling. Even though I was pretty sure it was just wax, I couldn't help but get a little paranoid that something was wrong.

Either way... you should probably get that looked at. And you should probably mention the ear blasting session...

It's not wax, the muffling feeling happened the exact time I "popped" my ears from blowing my nose too hard and the ear blasting session just made it more muffled, but I think it'll heal over time

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #4,263 of 5,506

Quote:
It's not wax, the muffling feeling happened the exact time I "popped" my ears from blowing my nose too hard and the ear blasting session just made it more muffled, but I think it'll heal over time

How long has this been going on?

It could be sometimes some underlying medical issue that manifests itself in this way...

But DaAiM... why would you do this to your ears? Just to make a point to some ill informed obnoxious teenager with an inferiority complex? 

It's far healthier to come on this thread and rant your head off..  At least you won't blow an ear drum that way.. (which something you may have done..) 

But yeah, next time definitely just ignore them.  That's what I would do.  Who cares if you're challenged? You already know that you have the superior sounding product?

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #4,264 of 5,506
OchoCinco sharing quality sound with his friends 
tongue_smile.gif

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2012/01/chad-ochocinco-buys-entire-patriots-team-beats-by-dre-headphones/

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #4,265 of 5,506
Jan 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #4,266 of 5,506
^Amazing response, lizard.

I couldn't help but shake my head while reading that article. It's funny how stupid some people are. Even a little research would have proven that $100 for a pair of headphones isn't exactly expensive. It is more than what your average consumer would typically spend (until Beats...). I have to wonder why he spent that much. I feel like he could have at least worked a deal on a bulk purchase like that. It seems crazy to pay MSRP on 70 pairs like that. I hope just one of his teammates does a little research and ends up replacing them with something truly high end.

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #4,267 of 5,506

Quote:
How long has this been going on?

It could be sometimes some underlying medical issue that manifests itself in this way...

But DaAiM... why would you do this to your ears? Just to make a point to some ill informed obnoxious teenager with an inferiority complex? 

It's far healthier to come on this thread and rant your head off..  At least you won't blow an ear drum that way.. (which something you may have done..) 

But yeah, next time definitely just ignore them.  That's what I would do.  Who cares if you're challenged? You already know that you have the superior sounding product?

It's not like it was the first time it happened. I did it probably three times before, but at home when I was alone since my ears seem to get use to the volume I normally play and that's not a good thing for me. When my ears get use to the volume I play on my i-pod with the amp, the music sounds boring and I don't enjoy my music so I just turn up the volume. Anyways lets forget about my ears, they'll heal over time I just hope I don't come across the same guy tomorrow

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #4,268 of 5,506

Quote:
It's not like it was the first time it happened. I did it probably three times before, but at home when I was alone since my ears seem to get use to the volume I normally play and that's not a good thing for me. When my ears get use to the volume I play on my i-pod with the amp, the music sounds boring and I don't enjoy my music so I just turn up the volume. Anyways lets forget about my ears, they'll heal over time I just hope I don't come across the same guy tomorrow

they might not...ears tend to get worse if anything - I would get them checked out mate

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #4,269 of 5,506
Someone trying my HD650s seemed absolutely delighted not only in the sound quality but that you could basically turn them up as loud as you could ever want... at one point they were listening to something nearly at full volume out of my NFB12 :O. I was afraid it might either make the person go deaf or damage the HD650 (although it's supposed to handle up to 500mw, with the NFB12 only being capable of 300mw at most for 300ohms). Only the former occurred temporarily (not my fault, I warned him :p), and the HD650s sound better than ever if anything.

I just don't understand why people like loudness so much... I probably listen to my HD650s quieter than most people here. On high gain I barely every turn the knob a single "o'clock" past the absolute minimum.

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #4,270 of 5,506
This article btw is FAR worse:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-celebrates-first-super-bowl-extravagant-gift-193820706.html

eats by Dre Headphones for every member of the team. The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the teamproduce a "clean, yet forceful sound."

WOW guys, according to Yahoo! Sports News, Beats by Dre are WIDELY regarded as the BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! It's OFFICIAL!!

I don't know much about journalism, but it seems that people should be fired if they make claims to the order of what is "widely regarded in the industry" without even doing a 2 minute google search to discover it's the exact opposite in reality.

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #4,271 of 5,506

Quote:
I just don't understand why people like loudness so much... I probably listen to my HD650s quieter than most people here. On high gain I barely every turn the knob a single "o'clock" past the absolute minimum.

Depends on the personality, location of use, music type and headphone type, I guess.

For me, for example, I find when I'm at home and using the SRH440's either on PC, Home theater (movies or such) or Iphone-4, I tend to have the volume at an ideal volume where I hear everything properly; not too loud and not too low. However, when I'm out and on the go, I tend to have the volume a bit higher... Partially is to block outside noise, but since the SRH440 block quite a bit of outside noise, I technically shouldn't have it as loud as I do, yet I do it anyways.  Not sure why that is.

Plus, not everybody likes loudness, but I would venture a guess that majority of those Beats wearers probably do. Which goes hand in hand with the beats main appeal in sound (less the Pros), loud, boomy, very forward and in your face sound signature. Which again, appeals to that certain demographic..

Jan 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #4,272 of 5,506
Usually, people on the internet who make earphone and headphone reviews have no idea what they are talking about - generally they always say good things, as they want more products for review.
I on the other hand, try to keep it simple for noobs, like myself, as I'm no pro audiophile but also give the earphones my TRUE opinion - not some paid shiz

I refrained from reviewing the Nokia N8 as I felt like throwing it out the window (Nokia sent it out to me for a 2 week trial)

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #4,273 of 5,506
Quote:
This article btw is FAR worse:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-celebrates-first-super-bowl-extravagant-gift-193820706.html

eats by Dre Headphones for every member of the team. The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the teamproduce a "clean, yet forceful sound."

WOW guys, according to Yahoo! Sports News, Beats by Dre are WIDELY regarded as the BEST IN THE INDUSTRY! It's OFFICIAL!!

I don't know much about journalism, but it seems that people should be fired if they make claims to the order of what is "widely regarded in the industry" without even doing a 2 minute google search to discover it's the exact opposite in reality.

Haha, nice find. It really is amazing how the Journalists don't even verify if what they say is true =.=

Users who are viewing this thread

Back