Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #4,246 of 5,506
Also when the ideo is of the artist recording in a Studio (seems to be a fashion, probably makes them feel like they are real musicians) you see actual studio headphones (MDR-V6, some unidentified Beyers).

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #4,249 of 5,506

Quote:
Who DOESN'T love aluminum? It is an awesome element :p

I really want to see what Monster does now being separated from the Beats. I'm very interested in the Vektors; I think they look very good and, if they sound good, I'll be getting a pair. Diesel is one of my favorite shoe brands...

Looks interesting. Jude called the Crystal Tears quite decent sounding cans in the tekzilla episode. And the fact that their both $280 dollars, they probably sound quite similar, if not identical.

But the fact that their both made out of plastic is sort of a turn off, despite the dashingly good looks.

But it probably isn't a big deal.

Not like you can make a headphone out of diamonds right?

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #4,253 of 5,506
Well someone didn't call me out, but rather challenged me, I remember as if were yesterday. It was a Friday morning and it was mid-term week and I just finished one my test and went to the cafe to wait for my next. There was a couple of people there and I sat at a table by myself when a group of teens passed by and sat at a table next to me, one of them was wearing the beats solos. It didn't bother me until the guy with the beats put them on his head and blasted his music to the highest it could be which was pretty loud, then turned around, bumping his head, looked at me and my headphones (had my V700s) and had this disgusting face telling me "mines iz betta". I completely ignored him, but he just kept on staring at me and I remembered something, I had my Fiio E11 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. So I placed my hood on (for protection for my ears) then my headphones, took out my ipod with the E11 connected to it, place both ipod and amp to full volume and started to play of my loudest music. Not rock though since I'm not that crazy but some hardcore underground rap music. Instantly the guys face went from "haha mines it betta" to "What dam thats loud!!!" Everyone else in the cafe turned as well to see where the music was coming from, but again I tend to ignore people that stare at me and have no business with me. A few minutes later he took of his beats and put them inside his bag and left with the rest of his friends giving my headphones a last look. The only bad that came out of that is that it feels like I have my hands over my ears and   have this loud buzzing noise inside my ears, plus already having both ears infected, but I learned to live with it.

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4,254 of 5,506
Look Kids love BA BA BASS and Beats have BA BA BASS!
Hip Hop Music these Days is mostly focused and made on Bass...Aye it Sounds Real Good to the Kids.
Your not going to get much more out of the sampled music of Today
Just because Us older folks are into R & B,Disco,Classical and the different kinds of Rock(hard and soft) that have a lot of midrange and Highs.
We shouldn't try to tell these Kids what they should want.
BEATS...Seems to Have Excactly what these Youngsters want in both Music Quality and the Styling fer Ooooo's and Ahhhhh's.
DRE making his Crazy loot...Kid are Happy
Why folks wanta Rain on these Kids and Dre's Parade I'll never Know...Leave Em alone and let em have their Fun.
(throws on my Sonys and Ducks for cover)
LOL!

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #4,255 of 5,506

Quote:
Everybody loves aluminium 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I hate aluminum, it's way over rated.

Quote:
What's wrong with aluminum?

It's generally light, sturdy and offers a few nice options for appearances. Also, it's good for heat transfer. Admittedly, that last one doesn't matter much for headphones.

I personally love solidified arsenic, especially on headphones. The acute toxicity seems to improve bass response...

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #4,256 of 5,506

Quote:
Look Kids love BA BA BASS and Beats have BA BA BASS!
Hip Hop Music these Days is mostly focused and made on Bass...Aye it Sounds Real Good to the Kids.
Your not going to get much more out of the sampled music of Today
Just because Us older folks are into R & B,Disco,Classical and the different kinds of Rock(hard and soft) that have a lot of midrange and Highs.
We shouldn't try to tell these Kids what they should want.
BEATS...Seems to Have Excactly what these Youngsters want in both Music Quality and the Styling fer Ooooo's and Ahhhhh's.
DRE making his Crazy loot...Kid are Happy
Why folks wanta Rain on these Kids and Dre's Parade I'll never Know...Leave Em alone and let em have their Fun.
(throws on my Sonys and Ducks for cover)
LOL!

Again this thread isn't for bashing Beats. I admit we do it and it's awesome, but the main goal here is to share stories of Beats users bashing us, so kind of the opposite of what you meant. if you browse through, it's mostly people saying they were minding their own business, some gangsta teen came to them, made fun of their headphones, so who's raining on who's parade? On the bright side, every now and then they mess with someone using a Pro900 or something equally bassy and good which shatters their illusion of grandeur 
atsmile.gif

Quote:
Well someone didn't call me out, but rather challenged me, I remember as if were yesterday. It was a Friday morning and it was mid-term week and I just finished one my test and went to the cafe to wait for my next. There was a couple of people there and I sat at a table by myself when a group of teens passed by and sat at a table next to me, one of them was wearing the beats solos. It didn't bother me until the guy with the beats put them on his head and blasted his music to the highest it could be which was pretty loud, then turned around, bumping his head, looked at me and my headphones (had my V700s) and had this disgusting face telling me "mines iz betta". I completely ignored him, but he just kept on staring at me and I remembered something, I had my Fiio E11 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. So I placed my hood on (for protection for my ears) then my headphones, took out my ipod with the E11 connected to it, place both ipod and amp to full volume and started to play of my loudest music. Not rock though since I'm not that crazy but some hardcore underground rap music. Instantly the guys face went from "haha mines it betta" to "What dam thats loud!!!" Everyone else in the cafe turned as well to see where the music was coming from, but again I tend to ignore people that stare at me and have no business with me. A few minutes later he took of his beats and put them inside his bag and left with the rest of his friends giving my headphones a last look. The only bad that came out of that is that it feels like I have my hands over my ears and   have this loud buzzing noise inside my ears, plus already having both ears infected, but I learned to live with it.

It kind of feels like you might have (hopefully temporarily) damaged your ears to make a point. They were idiots and they wanted to start an argument. Next time you should really ignore people and simply continue to listen to your music like you don't care. Your ears aren't worth their approval.

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #4,257 of 5,506

Quote:
It kind of feels like you might have (hopefully temporarily) damaged your ears to make a point. They were idiots and they wanted to start an argument. Next time you should really ignore people and simply continue to listen to your music like you don't care. Your ears aren't worth their approval.

Well I'm not worried about the buzzing sound since I had that for a couple of years but the feeling that my hands are over my ears is new to me. Besides its hard to ignore someone that wont quit until he/she finally achieves what he/she wants, especially in my school they're all like that.

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #4,258 of 5,506
I spent months talking to a friend on Facebook designing him an audio system for his iPod, including some AudioEngine A5s, then he went and bought a BeatBox, going directly against my advice.

ARGH!

Quote:
Speaking of headphone smartness, I posted a pic of Will-I-Am dj'ing in a club with the K701...

Open cans for DJ'ing. Only an idiot like Will-I-Am (he really is an idiot), would do that.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #4,259 of 5,506

^Maybe your ears need cleaning? I had wax blocking one ear for about a day and it was a surprisingly terrible experience. Most of the day it was just a really muffled feeling (like ear plugs), but a few times it became completely blocked, which was really unsettling. Even though I was pretty sure it was just wax, I couldn't help but get a little paranoid that something was wrong.

Either way... you should probably get that looked at. And you should probably mention the ear blasting session...

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #4,260 of 5,506
My brother and I were "checking" out some Beats in a Brookstone store at our local mall. One of the people who worked there told us that we should look at some Able Planet headphones, which he said were better and $100 cheaper. You don't hear a lot about Able Planet on this forum. I must find out why.

Quote:
I personally love solidified arsenic, especially on headphones. The acute toxicity seems to improve bass response...

This! But I find you must dampen arsenic headphones with asbestos. It gives the treble a special graininess.

Quote:
The only bad that came out of that is that it feels like I have my hands over my ears and   have this loud buzzing noise inside my ears, plus already having both ears infected, but I learned to live with it.

Yikes. I have a loud buzzing noise inside of one of my ears, and that's bad enough. I agree that you should have your ears looked at.
Next time someone tries to challenge you with their Beats, make sure to put your headphones on their head and blast their ears with epicness instead.
wink.gif
You might even become friends afterward.

(A reply to a post...BEFORE the post.)
Quote:
They're active noise cancelling. That's why.

Ah, I see...that explains it. I wish someone could make an active noise-cancelling headphone where the ANC doesn't tamper with the sound signature of said headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back