Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #3,706 of 5,506
Wow i read through most of this thread and damn there is alot of criticism and rightly so. I'm just gonna add my 2 cents for all its worth. In high school (I go to a prep school) i see about 10 - 20 people daily with different types of beats headphones walking around with them around their necks or listening to them. I would never really bring anything more than my cheap altec lansing buds to school bc of the fear of theft or loss. Maybe i should bring some good headphones for these people to try out a see what real sound is.

Personally I like their styling and I can see why it appeals to alot of uneducated buyers. They look awesome and now have become a bit of a status symbol. If you don't own one or wear them that mean your too poor to afford them. That's what many people think now.

When I went to the Apple store I went and tried every single different beats headphones they had. Solos are garbage. Period. The studios and pro are good with certain music, but not for the price they are asking. For a MAX  of 100 bucks i can kinda justify buying a pair.

I personally can qualify myself as a "poor audiophile" or and "Audiophile on a budget". The only cans I have to compare to them are my senns HD 565, AKG K 142 HD, and my "new" AKG K 240 Monitors. I sorry to say, but i can say my K 240 which were made in the 80's sound better to me than any beats headphone i tried. Seriously, an almost 30 year old headphone sounds better than newer beats that cost 300 bucks? To me that's just sad.

Anyway without continuing to beat a dead horse has anyone seen the new artist series from monster? Not only have the expanded to 13 COUNT THEM 13 different beats headphones. And now they have a Gwen Stafani headphones, earth wind and fire, MILES DAVIS, lady gaga... I mean please, there has to be a point at which monster has to stop right? One would hope so....

Actually how old the model or design of a headphone doesn't matter in Sq, the Beyerdynamic dt48 is actually very clear and neutral, boring yes, and the song mdr v6's made 20 years ago. Th reason beats are famous are because everyone listens to those ibuds, they look good, and everyone wears them. So add in the bandwagon effect, and the overhyping thought everyone has, why wouldn't ignorant consumers buy them?

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #3,707 of 5,506
Don't know if anyone already pointed this out since i've only read the 1st page but i find it ironic people say they'd never spend more than $100 or $200 on a pair of headphones then they go and buy a $500 pair of beats studios (that's how much they cost where i live) that have the SQ valued at a $100 headphone.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #3,708 of 5,506

Quote:
Don't know if anyone already pointed this out since i've only read the 1st page but i find it ironic people say they'd never spend more than $100 or $200 on a pair of headphones then they go and buy a $500 pair of beats studios (that's how much they cost where i live) that have the SQ valued at a $100 headphone.

The Studios are $500 down here in Australia too. I've heard of a guy who spent $2000 and bought the entire Beats range.
deadhorse.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #3,710 of 5,506
Sound isn't as clearly cut as some frequency graphs, let's take the Solos for example, it is a headphone with which you can hear the true intentions of the artist, every details, every nuance, and that's thanks to its very good treble, it's not just about quantity. ON this subject of quantity, let's come back to the Beats, contrary to the XB700, the Beats don't add fake bass, in that sense, they are truer than the Sonys. People are sheeps, they just follow the current fashionable headphones, they are just fads, like the LSD2, (hear they had a LSD3 model), Starx James Bond as I heard mentioned by another forumer, the latest bass heavy Sonys... when they could just stick to a proven reference grade headphones like Beats Pro.

I hope you're kidding, are actually stating they're a refrence grade headphones?

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #3,712 of 5,506
Quote:
Quote:
Sound isn't as clearly cut as some frequency graphs, let's take the Solos for example, it is a headphone with which you can hear the true intentions of the artist, every details, every nuance, and that's thanks to its very good treble, it's not just about quantity. ON this subject of quantity, let's come back to the Beats, contrary to the XB700, the Beats don't add fake bass, in that sense, they are truer than the Sonys. People are sheeps, they just follow the current fashionable headphones, they are just fads, like the LSD2, (hear they had a LSD3 model), Starx James Bond as I heard mentioned by another forumer, the latest bass heavy Sonys... when they could just stick to a proven reference grade headphones like Beats Pro.

I hope you're kidding, are actually stating they're a refrence grade headphones?

The are, Dre and Iovine carefully tuned them to be accurate to high quality studio sound, who would you trust more? Some random internet chap telling you the LSD2 are good are the word of some of teh most respected musicians and producers in the world. My admittedly short experience comparing the Detox (which is a the same as a Pro) with the LSD2 confirmed their words 110% to me.

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #3,713 of 5,506

The are, Dre and Iovine carefully tuned them to be accurate to high quality studio sound, who would you trust more? Some random internet chap telling you the LSD2 are good are the word of some of teh most respected musicians and producers in the world. My admittedly short experience comparing the Detox (which is a the same as a Pro) with the LSD2 confirmed their words 110% to me.

Alright stop messing with me I get your kidding

Jan 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #3,714 of 5,506
Quote:
Quote:

Alright stop messing with me I get your kidding

I''l have you know I'm quite serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back