Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Dec 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #2,851 of 5,506
Managed to talk my friend out of getting the Beats a few days ago. :p He was convinced that they were amazing, and then I told him about the other brands that he could choose from that were half the cost. :D

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #2,852 of 5,506
The Monster lineup of IEM's from what I understand isn't bad. These Coppers I just bought are generally pretty good although I would never pay street price for them. From what I've read the Miles Davis Tribute's are supposedly pretty good too. On a side note I also recently got a pair of Klipish X10's and in my opinion the X10 is a more refined sound compared to the Coppers. The Coppers has better highs compared to the darker sounding X10 but the bass of the X10 is a more refined and controlled bass compared to the Coppers. I will say though the Coppers can really slam nicely and makes for some fun listening. Why can't Monster make some headphones that sound like these IEM's?

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #2,853 of 5,506

Quote:
The Monster lineup of IEM's from what I understand isn't bad. These Coppers I just bought are generally pretty good although I would never pay street price for them. From what I've read the Miles Davis Tribute's are supposedly pretty good too. On a side note I also recently got a pair of Klipish X10's and in my opinion the X10 is a more refined sound compared to the Coppers. The Coppers has better highs compared to the darker sounding X10 but the bass of the X10 is a more refined and controlled bass compared to the Coppers. I will say though the Coppers can really slam nicely and makes for some fun listening. Why can't Monster make some headphones that sound like these IEM's?

Apparently because of the massive amounts of money required to put Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga's name of them.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #2,855 of 5,506
LOL, they can't be THAT bad?? I wouldn't buy them, but from what people have said they are pretty good in ears.

Quote:
When I auditioned the Copper, a whole guitar riff disappeared from a Linkin Park song and turned into one long hiss. 
So i am not convinced.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #2,856 of 5,506

Quote:
LOL, they can't be THAT bad?? I wouldn't buy them, but from what people have said they are pretty good in ears.

It was very unexpected. I was listening to In Pieces (Minutes To Midnight), when i suddenly heard a long hiss.
I took them out and put them back in. The hiss was still there, so i gave up and left (i was indeed a bit confused).

The next time i visited the shop, they where broken.

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #2,858 of 5,506

Quote:
I had a pair of Sony MDR's ($30 ones) and my friend said try my monster beats ($300 one). I thought they sounded amazing. I was going to grab a pair and my local future shop but, i thought i should do some research first. I was looking for a store that i can test headphones before buying them and i found bay bloor radio and they had the beats as well. I went there tried the beats and i was pretty much sold but, i looked at the wall of headphones and none of the designs intrigued me except one. The Denon AH-D1100's and they were $159.99.So i got on my phone did a little research and i didn't get any reviews on it because, at the time it was a new release.The design and price was good but,what about sound. So i put it on listened to my dubstep, hip hop and techno music and i was like "Damm this sounds sick!" The bass was great and not only that it was clear!!! and they were sooo confortable. So i bought those Denon's instantly and a year later still happy with my purchase and i am glad i saved $140!!!! So in conclusion i saved money and got great QUALITY headphones by taking my time, doing research and trying them on.

On a side note:

I wish the good headphone companies could come out with an active style in ear headphone.  I know sienhiser did with the addidas but, they aren't practical. I currently have my Bose MIE2's and they are great for activities and sound decent but, they have no sound isolation . Monster came out the the iSport that is fully waterproof and the design looks to be great for activities and they are inear so i know they will isolate. I am going to return my MIE2's and try these out. I will update and let you know how these work out.

added: review for iSport: http://reviews.audioreview.com/monster-isport-immersion-earphones-review/3

That's always my advice to people, please visit an audio shop or somehow read a review before being impulsive and buying outright. 

Dec 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #2,859 of 5,506

Quote:
When I auditioned the Copper, a whole guitar riff disappeared from a Linkin Park song and turned into one long hiss. 
So i am not convinced.

Hmm sounds like the time I tried out my friends wireless headphone from coby.
The underlying bass kicks, over tone vocals, and guitar completely disappeared in the song Closer by nine inch nails. Until that day I was unaware that a headphone could suck so much detail, bass, and midrange out of any song. Boy was I wrong.

Dec 11, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #2,860 of 5,506
I'm listening to that very song now with my MTPC. No guitar riff is missing, and I hear no hiss.

Quote:
It was very unexpected. I was listening to In Pieces (Minutes To Midnight), when i suddenly heard a long hiss.
I took them out and put them back in. The hiss was still there, so i gave up and left (i was indeed a bit confused).

The next time i visited the shop, they where broken.

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #2,861 of 5,506
Quote:
Hmm sounds like the time I tried out my friends wireless headphone from coby.
The underlying bass kicks, over tone vocals, and guitar completely disappeared in the song Closer by nine inch nails. Until that day I was unaware that a headphone could suck so much detail, bass, and midrange out of any song. Boy was I wrong.

Weird, my ety8's never get that problem -and they better darn well not considering their cost. I'm guessing the coby's are generic bluetooth's?

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #2,865 of 5,506
Quote:
I saw a girl wearing these on the bus last month:  XD

Coby CV215                      ^ the cans, not the earphones

lol, though I say that I like the CV-185. Matched with an iPod Classic 80gb on treble booster; there quite nice. Much more than one would ever think to expect for $7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back