Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Dec 1, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #2,821 of 5,506

Quote:
"From what I've read some people were saying they're the less bassy more neutral of the line but when I tried them on today there's more then enough bass on them and the highs are incredibly rolled off"

Agreed, I don't know how much Monster paid a certain reviewer for a certain magazine's earphone buyer guide to label these "neutral", since there is an obvious bass emphasis (in a good way though). If you find the highs too rolled off, try going for a shallow insertion. I'm a bit of a treble head, and I don't find the highs rolled off as much as you're describing with Sony hybrids.

Thanks for the info, I have some of my Sony tips from my MDR EX 600's stored away and I'll give them a shot. Right now I'm using the tri flange tips on them because all the other tips are rather uncomfortable or don't seal very well. My left ear canal is usually the problem because it's smaller and sort of angles in a weird way.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #2,822 of 5,506
I was just extremely angry that day I guess.  I like discussing headphones but I don't care for the moderaters at all (I am probably going to kicked off again for that)

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #2,823 of 5,506

Quote:
Beats users finally get punished
evil_smiley.gif

I thought it was a pretty good commercial for a bad product O_o

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #2,825 of 5,506

Quote:
I thought it was a pretty good commercial for a bad product O_o

I dislike Beats, but that was a pretty awesome commercial, especially if you watch it in 1080P.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #2,829 of 5,506
Dec 6, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #2,830 of 5,506
I think the biggest thing going for Beats by Dr. Dre is it's the only line of over the ear headphones that is acceptable in looks and styling by the masses.  It's sleek, got the ipod like curves and lines.  People who never purchased any headphones over $20 suddenly went all out for a $200-300 pair because of styling.

We can talk about $100-500 audiophile cans but at the end of the day they get hardly any brand recognition on the streets because the lack of marketing and brand awareness.

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #2,831 of 5,506

Quote:
I think the biggest thing going for Beats by Dr. Dre is it's the only line of over the ear headphones that is acceptable in looks and styling by the masses.  It's sleek, got the ipod like curves and lines.  People who never purchased any headphones over $20 suddenly went all out for a $200-300 pair because of styling.

We can talk about $100-500 audiophile cans but at the end of the day they get hardly any brand recognition on the streets because the lack of marketing and brand awareness.

ding ding ding ding ding. 

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #2,832 of 5,506
And again, why would we care? Should we listen to music through headphones to enjoy our music or to have people stare at us with arousal?

I'm actually glad my cans don't have 'street cred'! Less chances of me getting mugged!

Dec 6, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #2,833 of 5,506
I had a pair of Sony MDR's ($30 ones) and my friend said try my monster beats ($300 one). I thought they sounded amazing. I was going to grab a pair and my local future shop but, i thought i should do some research first. I was looking for a store that i can test headphones before buying them and i found bay bloor radio and they had the beats as well. I went there tried the beats and i was pretty much sold but, i looked at the wall of headphones and none of the designs intrigued me except one. The Denon AH-D1100's and they were $159.99.So i got on my phone did a little research and i didn't get any reviews on it because, at the time it was a new release.The design and price was good but,what about sound. So i put it on listened to my dubstep, hip hop and techno music and i was like "Damm this sounds sick!" The bass was great and not only that it was clear!!! and they were sooo confortable. So i bought those Denon's instantly and a year later still happy with my purchase and i am glad i saved $140!!!! So in conclusion i saved money and got great QUALITY headphones by taking my time, doing research and trying them on.

On a side note:

I wish the good headphone companies could come out with an active style in ear headphone.  I know sienhiser did with the addidas but, they aren't practical. I currently have my Bose MIE2's and they are great for activities and sound decent but, they have no sound isolation . Monster came out the the iSport that is fully waterproof and the design looks to be great for activities and they are inear so i know they will isolate. I am going to return my MIE2's and try these out. I will update and let you know how these work out.

added: review for iSport: http://reviews.audioreview.com/monster-isport-immersion-earphones-review/3

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #2,834 of 5,506
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/beheforru.html
http://www.headphone.com/selection-guide/exercise-running.php

Quote:
I had a pair of Sony MDR's ($30 ones) and my friend said try my monster beats ($300 one). I thought they sounded amazing. I was going to grab a pair and my local future shop but, i thought i should do some research first. I was looking for a store that i can test headphones before buying them and i found bay bloor radio and they had the beats as well. I went there tried the beats and i was pretty much sold but, i looked at the wall of headphones and none of the designs intrigued me except one. The Denon AH-D1100's and they were $159.99.So i got on my phone did a little research and i didn't get any reviews on it because, at the time it was a new release.The design and price was good but,what about sound. So i put it on listened to my dubstep, hip hop and techno music and i was like "Damm this sounds sick!" The bass was great and not only that it was clear!!! and they were sooo confortable. So i bought those Denon's instantly and a year later still happy with my purchase and i am glad i saved $140!!!! So in conclusion i saved money and got great QUALITY headphones by taking my time, doing research and trying them on.

On a side note:

I wish the good headphone companies could come out with an active style in ear headphone.  I know sienhiser did with the addidas but, they aren't practical. I currently have my Bose MIE2's and they are great for activities and sound decent but, they have no sound isolation . Monster came out the the iSport that is fully waterproof and the design looks to be great for activities and they are inear so i know they will isolate. I am going to return my MIE2's and try these out. I will update and let you know how these work out.

added: review for iSport: http://reviews.audioreview.com/monster-isport-immersion-earphones-review/3

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #2,835 of 5,506

Quote:
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/beheforru.html
http://www.headphone.com/selection-guide/exercise-running.php

I have tried the addidas,the shures h20's they have there ups and downs. The Monster ones are by far the most confortable ones and they do not pop out of my ears thanks to the hook, the cable is extremely light and durable and they are completely waterproof i tested this by putting it in a bowl of water. The only thing is the treble is harsh but i can always turn it down. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back