Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Nov 25, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #2,791 of 5,506
XLR terminations. The new cable has 4 Pin termination and I ordered it with adapter for 1/4" and Dual 3 Pin. Glad I did too considering I'm looking into an Apache.

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't recable to 'fix' anything about the headphone though. I didn't want the sound to change, really. If it improves so be it, but that wasn't my main goal. I wanted balanced options, and I wanted a longer and more flexible cable. The fact it's purple and black was just a bit of fun.
biggrin.gif

"Balanced options"?

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #2,792 of 5,506
XLR terminations. The new cable has 4 Pin termination and I ordered it with adapter for 1/4" and Dual 3 Pin. Glad I did too considering I'm looking into an Apache.

Are those just for those "balanced" amps like the ones I see at headroom? I still have no idea what thats all about.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #2,793 of 5,506
http://www.balanced.com/faq/balanced.html

This is a short, rough explanation. But yes, they're for 'balanced' amps. One thing to remember is that a lot of things around here that are 'balanced' aren't really balanced. Having XLR jacks isn't what makes a component balanced.

Quote:
Quote:

Are those just for those "balanced" amps like the ones I see at headroom? I still have no idea what thats all about.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #2,794 of 5,506
HAHAH. My friend just said t "Beats are the best headphone ever and most detailed yet."
and I just shook my head and laughed

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #2,795 of 5,506

Quote:
http://www.balanced.com/faq/balanced.html

This is a short, rough explanation. But yes, they're for 'balanced' amps. One thing to remember is that a lot of things around here that are 'balanced' aren't really balanced. Having XLR jacks isn't what makes a component balanced.

Ok then, maybe it'll be the ONE thing I ever consider modding my headphones for.

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #2,796 of 5,506
When someone asks me why I don't wear Beats, I tell them I find them to be too expensive. It's implied that I find them overpriced, but 100% of the time people assume I mean I can't afford them, which I guess works out to the same result.

Anyways half of my friends don't give a crap and use whatever headphones come with their music players or at best spend <$20 for the whatever is on sale.
The other half know I hate Bose, Monster, and Skullcandy, so they don't even touch those brands and don't really bother asking me why. I seem to the "up to the latest" on stuff friend.

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #2,798 of 5,506
I feel that the big three *beyer,AKG, Senn* can afford to higher a designer/artist/marketing genius for the new line of headphones on top of the sound engineers by this point.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #2,800 of 5,506
I hated beats from the begining ,it was a virus , one person got them  then everyone else got them in middle school, in my grade there are only 10 people with stand out  headphones/IEM, including myself . Everyone is trying to buy the studios to look like they have a lot of money. im 14 just to let you know..., its either the apple earbuds or beats . beats were so importaint that they were in the yearbook. im going to be getting UE triple fi 10s sometime and  i wonder what people are going to ask me , why didnt you get beats.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #2,801 of 5,506
Keep an eye on the FS forums. You'll be seeing a ton of them up there soon...

Quote:
I hated beats from the begining ,it was a virus , one person got them  then everyone else got them in middle school, in my grade there are only 10 people with stand out  headphones/IEM, including myself . Everyone is trying to buy the studios to look like they have a lot of money. im 14 just to let you know..., its either the apple earbuds or beats . beats were so importaint that they were in the yearbook. im going to be getting UE triple fi 10s sometime and  i wonder what people are going to ask me , why didnt you get beats.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #2,803 of 5,506
Flipping is not aloud but I can guarantee some people just won't like them...

I'm worried about myself not liking them. I've never been a fan of IEMs and the TF 10 will be their last chance with me. Mine might be going up for all I know...

Quote:
Isn't flipping looked down upon?

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #2,804 of 5,506
I get lectured for not having beats since i got into the quality headphone community. I have been told by several of my friends that nothing beats the beats or the bose "because" they have absolutely no reason for it especialy because the best pair of headphones they have ever owned is the ipod buds. I always bust out my ATH ANC7's and show them why beats are garbage and explain that my $100 pair of cans sounds just as good as the $400 pair of beats. This never works but i always see a look in their eyes when they realize they are wrong after listening to mine. These are also the same people that claim that their iphones are the best thing on earth and no other smartphone can even come close to it. It is obvious the extreeme marketing has brainwashed them completely. I need to knock some sense into them being highschoolers i cant talk any sense into them though. There are numerous people at my school that have the beats and it is ridiculous (especialy after christmas last year when i saw probably 30 kids walking the hall with their beats pros and solo's) I think the best pair of headphones ive seen is an old set of sennheiser hd 218's and i think he "upgraded" to beats 

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #2,805 of 5,506
Bro, bro. Whenever some like, punk bottom dirt farmer starts talking smack about my non-Beats, I just tell them to talk to the hand, because the foot is about to go right up their arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back