Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Nov 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2,761 of 5,506
You do realize winning an internet debate doesn't make your gonads grows. I wish I could see the face on people who bring out their full eloquent arsenal of well-constructed sentences just to prove a point to a complete stranger. And when we start researching other people's posts like it's an academic debate, the whole thing is comedic.

I have no dog in this fight, but I will say this: listening conditions are over-rated in my opinion, Nom de Plume. I know these are open headphones and thus you need a minimum of silence to actually discern the sound without pushing the volume up, but usually when someone resorts to the "your listening conditions weren't optimal, thus your argument is invalid" point they are just really trying to win. I don't have to spend a week with the Beats to know they are crap, all it took was 5 min on a demo station. If we're talking about 2 similar headphones, maybe borrowing them for a weekend is in need, but from my restricted knowledge of these headphones they are really different (detailed vs warm). I'm not saying you only used that argument to immediately disregard the other person's opinion, but that's usually the exaggerated use "listening conditions" get.

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #2,763 of 5,506
Quote:
You do realize winning an internet debate doesn't make your gonads grows. I wish I could see the face on people who bring out their full eloquent arsenal of well-constructed sentences just to prove a point to a complete stranger............ Nom de Plume.

lol, I just found that funny.... don't know why but...meh. 
Anyway, good points
popcorn.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #2,764 of 5,506
It doesn't make one's gonads grow, but I'd like to think that it discourages the one that started the spewing to reconsider doing it in the future. That doesn't really ever happen though...

I do think Shotor is confusing pleasing sound signature with absolute technical ability, but meh.

To attempt to go back to topic, what ever happened to those Tron headphones?

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #2,765 of 5,506
Beats related incident: We got in a few pairs of Solos at work for Christmas. We were putting them out and my boss was ribbing me about the fact I'd probably buy a pair (knowing that I come into work with headphones every day). I politely informed him and 2 coworkers that followed his lead that I had no need for them and had just spent over double the price on a cable for my LCD 2.

Their jaws hit the floor.

Never understood two things in the headphone world. Modding(recabling the most) and EQing. I just think im a purist in the sense that I want to enjoy and evaluate the can as is and hear my music as it should on flat.

Nov 23, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #2,766 of 5,506
Internet arguments never end. Enough said. Anyways, a classmate told me I'm most likely someone who would love Beats...When I told them Monster made decent IEMs. I was referring to their Turbine Pro line, not Beats. After some squabble, we figured it'd be best to save that debate for another time. Not before I started bringing up customs though. Nice start to a half day though, had a nice laugh. The only bad part of that class was the disgusting smell of eggs that had been left in acetic acid for far too long.

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #2,767 of 5,506

Quote:
It doesn't make one's gonads grow, but I'd like to think that it discourages the one that started the spewing to reconsider doing it in the future. That doesn't really ever happen though...

I do think Shotor is confusing pleasing sound signature with absolute technical ability, but meh.

To attempt to go back to topic, what ever happened to those Tron headphones?

Linky

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #2,768 of 5,506
It says out of stock for the T1's, but they're a preorder everywhere else. Weird.

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #2,769 of 5,506

Quote:
It says out of stock for the T1's, but they're a preorder everywhere else. Weird.

Yep, very weird. I personally think they look extremely ugly...

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #2,770 of 5,506
If I think someone is posting questionable content, I will vocalize my thoughts. Do you hope I'll bite my tongue when I read something so perplexing? I pray not, since you certainly didn't bite yours after reading my post.
I'm not doing this to make my gonads grow. If I thought my gonads would grow with every argument I "win," I would post a hundred times immediately before I go to my girlfriend's place every night. Participation in an internet debate or a regular debate, no difference - unless you aim to present a double standard because, by some curious reasoning, the internet makes any debate inane, and it seems you advocate this silly stance.

Quote:
You do realize winning an internet debate doesn't make your gonads grows. I wish I could see the face on people who bring out their full eloquent arsenal of well-constructed sentences just to prove a point to a complete stranger. And when we start researching other people's posts like it's an academic debate, the whole thing is comedic.

Nov 24, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #2,771 of 5,506
Cost price, but then I get bombarded with taxes too :/

Besides, at 19 I shouldn't be buying HD800's even if I can afford them. A car is more important for now

Quote:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 24, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #2,772 of 5,506
man all i see is people wearing beats at the community college i attend for classes. it sometimes makes me want to wear my m50s and see how they react. but i'm the type to go home right away after classes are over to do my own business.

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2,773 of 5,506
+ 1 +1 +1
Never listened to them but i'd bet everything i own those HD800 aren't worth 1.5K. Seems like people around here really have to defend their Hi-Fi expensive purchases. If you think it's worth it, good for you! Enjoy it! It's not hard to imagine the guy tried them at a meet or a store, and if they didn't have the "proper listening environment" then nobody will. What's funny is he at least used a phone that costs $500 with different sound signature (i imagine) where the guy on Headfonia said the $130 SRH840 was his second favorite headphone to those HD800. IDK what percentage of the sound of the 800 he would give it.........let me ask him.....

Nov 24, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #2,774 of 5,506

Quote:
+ 1 +1 +1
Never listened to them but i'd bet everything i own those HD800 aren't worth 1.5K. Seems like people around here really have to defend their Hi-Fi expensive purchases. If you think it's worth it, good for you! Enjoy it! It's not hard to imagine the guy tried them at a meet or a store, and if they didn't have the "proper listening environment" then nobody will. What's funny is he at least used a phone that costs $500 with different sound signature (i imagine) where the guy on Headfonia said the $130 SRH840 was his second favorite headphone to those HD800. IDK what percentage of the sound of the 800 he would give it.........let me ask him.....

Umm, no. The 1.5K fly's out the window if you din't have an amp to match. I can verify this. I've tested the HD800 with ALO's Studio Six, the Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire, the WA2, and the Manley Stingray. If you have a shabby headphone amp, the HD800's won't shine, at all.

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #2,775 of 5,506
Quote:
Cost price, but then I get bombarded with taxes too :/

Besides, at 19 I shouldn't be buying HD800's even if I can afford them. A car is more important for now

On Head-Fi, their are not taxes,yet at least. Im 15 and if/when i need to sell any gear to just boost me to get my 2008 Dodge Avenger, ill do what ill have to do. I wont want to do it, and i probably wont have too, but worst comes to worse i will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back