Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Nov 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #2,716 of 5,506
Most of the bad rep iBuds get is from the older model, which really did suck. The newer ones sound pretty decent though, provided they fit your ears.

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #2,717 of 5,506

Quote:
Most of the bad rep iBuds get is from the older model, which really did suck. The newer ones sound pretty decent though, provided they fit your ears.

They still sound like trash to me. Maybe it's because they keep falling out and i find them uncomfortable.

And to apple haters. Apple isn't bad. The extra price you pay is actually justified by the customer support and materials used to make the products.

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #2,718 of 5,506

Quote:

IIRC some survey a few months ago found that, out of a sample size, about 50% of iPhone users believed they were on a 4G network.

Anyways, as much as I don't want to start a flame war about which product is inferior and whatnot, I'm all for anyone who enjoys whatever they get, be it Beats by Dre, iPhones or anything else, but it's moreso the snobs who try to push their preferences onto other people to create a right/wrong in a subjective world. It just so happens that they're usually people who are enticed by shiny ads and everything they see on the TV.

Back to the Dre's, I still feel bad to my friend who got the Studios on discount for $180 though.

Feel bad no more, for at $100-190, they aren't a horrible deal. Above $200, bad, they are.

Ok, unless they're fake. The exception being if they have XB-500/700 drivers

And I will admit, iBuds are good for the treble and midhead. They're just terribly uncomfortable. Depending on how you wear them though, they are indeed fine earbuds. If only they isolated more and were properly comfortable.

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #2,719 of 5,506

Quote:
They still sound like trash to me. Maybe it's because they keep falling out and i find them uncomfortable.

And to apple haters. Apple isn't bad. The extra price you pay is actually justified by the customer support and materials used to make the products.

Then that's why. If they fit your ears, they aren't half bad, nor are they really something you'd replace anything with...There's a rumor that they're rebadged Sennheiser's though.

Nobody said Apple's bad. It's the zealots that are annoying. For example, people in my school were talking about how awesome and revolutionary Facetime is. It just so happened by HD2 shattered, and I had to use my Sony Ericsson P990i for a while. People first laughed at how brick-like it was, then asked what the front facing camera was for. Needless to say, people stopped believing a FFC is revolutionary after seeing it on a phone released in 2005.

Nov 21, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #2,720 of 5,506
Well annoyingly, I had a lot of arguments with some friends with the beats phones...they are so famous that even my trusted friends are blinded by their ads.

I just thought that some headphones or earphones, famous or not, are likely to put flowery ads on their products even if they don't do much align to what they are saying. You can see the Bose, Beats, Skullcandies, or even known headphones here alike say "great bass, clarity", "the way you want to hear", "balanced with great bass" etc. It's up to the consumers if they agreed by their ads because they don't know where to look at, they don't have much information on what "great bass", "great clarity", "neutral sound" is. So for average consumer, once they hear the kind of phones only available for them especially Beats headphones that are popular on iMac Shops, then they see the price tag vs their old ibuds, they might consider them better sounding without even hearing other displayed headphones, like those $100+ Senn, Denons, AT phones. Also, the popularity of these phones helps and the sales person too.

So average consumers normally are blind when they go directly to shops, supermarkets, or even audioshops if they don't really care to do research. And almost all new gadgets nowadays are pretty good at constructing ads that blows normal people's minds around. The more fancier the product is (aesthetic and the package), the more hype they have. Even funnier, some sites are really into the marketing hype just when you search the internet like when you go to the Beats Audio Site, alot of people's comments are towards the amazingness/greatness of their acquired Beats headphones. And they have 300+ reviews you know for all their product lines. And that's a lot! Maybe a large percent of them are paid reviewers, who knows.

One thing is pretty sure to me, is that the Beats line are still growing famous as more and more companies are acquiring them, like HP and HTC, and once no other headphone companies market their products this way (for those truly have good sounding headphones) then the argument for them as being hype will still continue - they make consumer who longs "audiophile" thinks they have the best audiophile product. And it's a pretty crappy/****ty but effective marketing.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #2,721 of 5,506
Just had conversation with a friend with Beats today. 

Me: Hey, you know Prada is coming out with a headphone ?

Her: O really ? Beats are the best anyways.

Me: Nah STAX are the best.

Her: Pfft Beats are the best.

Me: STAX cost up to $5000

Her: 
eek.gif
 Do they sound good ?

Me: Of course, they measure really good as well

Her: You can measure headphones ?

Me: Yeah, like FR graphs, THD graphs blah blah blah.

Her: ....

Me: *changes topic

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #2,723 of 5,506

Quote:

Her: 
eek.gif
 Do they sound good ?

you probably wont be getting any ***** bro

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #2,724 of 5,506
Prada is coming out with a headphone!?
blink.gif

Quote:
On a side note if anyone is ever mind numbingly bored you should try going on an Apple tech site one day. Just bring up anything having to do with ANDROID in the articles comments thread and sit back and grin as the Apple fan boys have an industrial farm and go completely bonkers posting some of the most idiotic stuff you'll ever read. Never could understand why some geeks treat their platform of choice like it's God and country.

This guy knows how to have fun! "Never could understand why some geeks treat their platform of choice like it's God and country." Someone should write a thesis on that.

Nov 22, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #2,727 of 5,506
I don't think this was ever about anything other than profit. Maybe a little brand recognition, but mostly profit.

Nov 22, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #2,728 of 5,506

Quote:

Her: 
eek.gif
 Do they sound good ?

Is it cool if I insult your friend's intellectual capacities?

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #2,730 of 5,506
No, it is not. But without any knowledge at all (i.e. she obviously knows next to nothing about headphones), saying something like "Beats are best than Stax" is a lack of intellectual capacity. I'm sorry for being that internet guy, but it's true. If she had said "I really like the Beats, but I don't know anything about it", sure, she's just uninformed. But this is more like arrogance. Again, I'm sorry, I'm sure she's a lovely person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back