Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Nov 19, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #2,673 of 5,506

Quote:

angry_face.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #2,675 of 5,506

Quote:
^ Yup I've noticed the same thing. I live in a predominately African American area and I always see the black Beats. I think it's because black "less noticeable"; what I mean is white or red beats are much more of a target in my community because they pop out much more.

Yeah, if nobody notices them, they're less a target. But if nobody notices them, what's the point of having them in the first place?  

What a dilemma.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #2,676 of 5,506

Quote:
FROM THE MAKERS OF THE REVOLUTIONARY BEATS AUDIO 

Next thing you know, the cups will be able to turn..... 360 degrees
eek.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #2,680 of 5,506
I see lots of people wearing wireless beats... wait you mean there aren't wireless beats? And these people were just wearing them as a necklace?

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #2,681 of 5,506
Bit of light reading.

The origins of Dr. Dre's controversial Beats headphones

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/business/beats-headphones-expand-dr-dres-business-world.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&partner=rss

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #2,682 of 5,506

I like the Tyll shoutout, but I didn't particularly like this:

He dismissed those who criticize the sound quality of Beats. Competitors use fancy equipment to determine how headphones should sound, he said, whereas he and Mr. Young simply know how they should sound.
[size=1.5em] “The way we hear music is almost the opposite of the way these sound companies hear music,” he said.[/size]

Iovine just makes me kind of angry. I mean I know that he's saying that as an ad thing, and is great at promoting his product, but people have probably read that and have taken it as gospel. It makes me weep for the future. He should reform the mic industry too...many companies make both mics and headphone and by what he says, their mics are recording music the opposite way.

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #2,683 of 5,506
> "Competitors use fancy equipment to determine how headphones should sound, he said, whereas he and Mr. Young simply know how they should sound."

We wouldn't want any science and fancy schmancy equipment messing the design process up -- that's how the space shuttle, electronics, computers, modern medicine, and 1st world countries are built.

In fact, better yet - Monster should fire all their engineers. Then, they can build their next generation of Beats drivers with construction paper, super glue, paperclips, and a do it yourself electromagnet.

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #2,684 of 5,506
Quote:
Bit of light reading.

The origins of Dr. Dre's controversial Beats headphones

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/business/beats-headphones-expand-dr-dres-business-world.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&partner=rss

So Dr. Dre and a man better known for producing the likes of Lennon and Springsteen started Beats? And they dismiss companies like Sennheiser and such off as selling technical nonsense to audiofools, while believing there understanding of what sound should be is superior?

You know they would be right, if only there weren't other v signature headphones that do hip-hop even better than Beats for less...That said, other audio companies really need to step up there game marketing wise. Why doesn't AKG and other companies mass market there dj lines? 

Klipsch stepped up there marketing and look where they are, there S4 have always been for the most part in the top 5 sales on amazon for headphones ever since they came out; there 3rd right now. They sell at most consumer oriented stores too.

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #2,685 of 5,506
Quote:

I like the Tyll shoutout, but I didn't particularly like this:

Iovine just makes me kind of angry. I mean I know that he's saying that as an ad thing, and is great at promoting his product, but people have probably read that and have taken it as gospel. It makes me weep for the future. He should reform the mic industry too...many companies make both mics and headphone and by what he says, their mics are recording music the opposite way.

Doubt he'll ever touch companies like Shure as far as mics are concerned. How the hec could a mic record the wrong way anyways? By not distorting on every big bass beat and crash cymbal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back