Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Sep 23, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #2,116 of 5,506

Quote:
Reading this thread makes me glad I'm old and don't have to go to school anymore
cool.gif
. Back in the day you were considered the cats meow if you owned a Sony cassette walkman and had a pair of Pioneer speakers at home. Throw in a Marantz or Sony receiver and everyone wanted to make your house the place to go for a party. Ahhh the good old vinyl spinning days such a shame it's gone forever.

God I feel old
frown.gif

Even I, a teenager, wish for that kind of audiophiles' heyday.

Minus that cassette walkman of course. I still love my iPod Touch to death :D

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #2,117 of 5,506
Reading this thread makes me glad I'm old and don't have to go to school anymore
cool.gif
. Back in the day you were considered the cats meow if you owned a Sony cassette walkman and had a pair of Pioneer speakers at home. Throw in a Marantz or Sony receiver and everyone wanted to make your house the place to go for a party. Ahhh the good old vinyl spinning days such a shame it's gone forever.

God I feel old
frown.gif

If it makes you feel better, Marantz/Denon receivers are still highly regarded as top-tier (wish so bad i'd gotten a Denon receiver instead of this one from Yamaha, cuz the Denon has a host of superior features and quality over the Yammy), and Pioneer still makes great speakers... I just read an article in Stereophile about a wonderful bookshelf speaker at $150 putting higher cost speakers to shame.

And there is a definite resurgence of vinyl LPs, haven't you heard?

Strangely, it seems though I've got this awesome stuff in my apartment and regularly tell people about it, they usually want to stay in their college dorms playing xbox on laggy LCDs with $20 Logitech computer speakers, or maybe they spring for turtle beach headsets :frowning2: Come out and socialize guys!

Sep 23, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #2,119 of 5,506

Quote:
Strangely, it seems though I've got this awesome stuff in my apartment and regularly tell people about it, they usually want to stay in their college dorms playing xbox on laggy LCDs with $20 Logitech computer speakers, or maybe they spring for turtle beach headsets
frown.gif
Come out and socialize guys!

This.
I'm going on the offensive; I'm bringing my new M-Audio Q40s and my uDAC-2 to class today (can you say BASS?) It's time to beat the Beats at their own game.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #2,120 of 5,506

Quote:

Speaking of LPs, almost everything I listen to can be found in LP, seems like the Underground Hip-Hop community love vinyls. 
atsmile.gif

They do indeed.
cool.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #2,121 of 5,506
Got called out at my Chinese school.
Apparently my TMA-1's "looked cheap", were worth "$15", and were worse than someone's "one dollar buds from china". What's with the brain-washed kids these days? Half of them didn't even try out my TMA-1's and they say they think the Beats are the best out of all the (IE)headphones they've tried (crapplebuds).

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #2,123 of 5,506

Quote:
Apparently my TMA-1's "looked cheap", were worth "$15", and were worse than someone's "one dollar buds from china". What's with the brain-washed kids these days? Half of them didn't even try out my TMA-1's and they say they think the Beats are the best out of all the (IE)headphones they've tried (crapplebuds).

*Sarcasm

No offense dude, but your TMA-1's probably suck, I've heard a lot of headphones you know, I've hear the ibuds and the beats in an apple store. Now thats experience right there. I mean, look at the beats solo's rugged build quality. Have you heard the flat frequency response on them ? The bass on them is pristine. 
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #2,124 of 5,506

Quote:

*Sarcasm

No offense dude, but your TMA-1's probably suck, I've heard a lot of headphones you know, I've hear the ibuds and the beats in an apple store. Now thats experience right there. I mean, look at the beats solo's rugged build quality. Have you heard the flat frequency response on them ? The bass on them is pristine. 
wink.gif

I just thought i would say this but i agree that the tma-1s look cheap and to someone uneducated i could see people thinking $20. They may sound good but man do they look cheap and ugly.

Sep 24, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #2,126 of 5,506
That's ridiculous. Since when has GLOSSY PLASTIC become the norm for build quality. I think matte finishes always look better...ie. the TMA-1

Quote:

Because they're mainstream and he's mainstream. I have no problem with Benassi, but artists like him and Tiesto are practically Pop to some people nowadays.

Quote:
I saw Benny Benassi using Beats Pros in one of his music videos. Why Benny????? Why!

I'm not sure how anyone could think they look cheap...Especially when you can bend the headband as far as you can. I used to do that with mine to shut people up. I never had someone call them cheap, but I did have someone compare them to their Skullcandy headphones.

I just bent the ear cups past each other and said 'I bet your Skullcandys can't do that.' and laughed.

Quote:
I just thought i would say this but i agree that the tma-1s look cheap and to someone uneducated i could see people thinking $20. They may sound good but man do they look cheap and ugly.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #2,127 of 5,506

Quote:
I'm sure it's been said already, but Beats, like Skullcandy, are more or less about making a fashion statement than they are about being audiophile headphones.  They're hip.  They're in style.  It's what all the kids are wearing.  While a $30 purse is perfectly fine and functional, women still spend hundreds of dollars to have a Coach. 

I'm not a "purse connoisseur" or anything, but I'm pretty sure a Coach purse isn't going to break the first time you equip it, nor is it made out of cheap materials.

Sep 24, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #2,128 of 5,506
I wore my new ATH-M50s for the first time out yesterday... And almost immediately there was a guy tryin to sell me drugs? Hmm, I don't quite know what to make of this observation.

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #2,130 of 5,506
I present to you this image of Tiesto with some Pioneer HDJ500's.

Most of the time you'll see him in Technics 1200s. He wears whatever he gets for free. Technics was his big name for awhile...so he wore their headphones.

EDIT: They wear what they get for free or are paid to wear. When your name means that much you're a product. And they want their product associated with your name. Technics, Pioneer, Monster, etc. Most DJs aren't going to pass up money to wear a headphone they like instead of the one their manager wants them to wear. Simple as that.

EDIT2: If I were in that situation I'd wear Beats and be seen in public with them. Then I'd go home, throw up, and put on LCD 2s or something. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back