Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Sep 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #2,101 of 5,506

Quote:
Yes, and it is unbelievably bad... 
If you're not wearing Bosé (as people I know call it in a desperate attempt to make it sound fancy) or Beats by Dre, people think you wasted your money on any headphones not those two that are more than $100, mainly because they think they "look cool". I laugh at how wrong they are...

But it's very easy to sway Bose fans because they genuinely believe Bose have the greatest sound quality; and when they hear good headphones, 0.0 their reactions are worth the frustration.

beyersmile.png

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #2,102 of 5,506
I was in the school's cafeteria at the beginning of the day today, and a kid with Solo's and his friend were taking pictures of people using iBuds and random drugstore buds. They then caught sight of me listening to my Crossfade M-80's. They looked at me oddly and the kid with the Solos came up up to me and asked what I was wearing and how much they were. I said the M-80's and that they were 200$, and he started laughing and said I had wasted my money, and went back to his friend.

I'm guessing he doesn't know the difference between metal and plastic, and explosions and actual music :p

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #2,103 of 5,506
Altec Lansing Backbeat 606's. 30 bucks well spent on some decent IEMs, and they used to be maybe $100? I put the 326 IEM made by the same company through daily abuse, it hasn't failed me yet. Supposedly "Studio Quality".

Quote:
I'll take my HD-25's over any pair of Beats. Although I do have to admit, I do use a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd for working out, but only because I tend to destroy my headphones in the gym (and sound quality isn't as important to me in that type of environment).

Beats around here (where I live, that is) are still considered hi-fi, though most people just stick to their apparently "tried and true" iBuds. Any decent looking DJ cans will grab looks.

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #2,104 of 5,506

Quote:
I was in the school's cafeteria at the beginning of the day today, and a kid with Solo's and his friend were taking pictures of people using iBuds and random drugstore buds. They then caught sight of me listening to my Crossfade M-80's. They looked at me oddly and the kid with the Solos came up up to me and asked what I was wearing and how much they were. I said the M-80's and that they were 200$, and he started laughing and said I had wasted my money, and went back to his friend.

I'm guessing he doesn't know the difference between metal and plastic, and explosions and actual music :p

At a certain point of stupidity and general obnoxiousness of the 'other' in the debate, physical violence will be acceptable, and even encouraged. 

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #2,105 of 5,506

Quote:

At a certain point of stupidity and general obnoxiousness of the 'other' in the debate, physical violence will be acceptable, and even encouraged. 

Ha, I think my M80's can double as a weapon. Though I'd have to worry about plastic shards flying off the Solo's if he tries to fight me with them.

I actually think a splatter of blood across the plates would look kind of cool.

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #2,106 of 5,506

Quote:
Ha, I think my M80's can double as a weapon. Though I'd have to worry about plastic shards flying off the Solo's if he tries to fight me with them.

This one, I can actually accept to a degree. If someone calls me a fool, I'd immediately take a stand for myself. Now if it escalates... Where'd the quote go...

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his
to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"
Jim Malone, The Untouchables

Straight from TvTropes
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #2,107 of 5,506

DT 48. Audiophile's most deadly weapon.

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #2,108 of 5,506
Well it finally happened today. I was sitting outside a classroom, reviewing everything and making sure I had everything on the formula sheet for a test that I had in 30 mins, when a kid randomly asked me what headphones are those. He was wearing the Beats Solo HD (red). I told him that they were really old creatives. Then he goes on to say that I should upgrade them to Beats. I snickered a little and told him that I had the Solo HDs before and I didn't like them. His look of confusion was priceless and went on saying "You should have bought the Studios then. Those are better." I tried to end the conversation by saying "Nah I like my creatives." And out of the blue he said, "Whatever, your headphones are probably like 20 bucks... mine are $200." And in my head, I'm like w... t... f... I said "Cool, glad I'm saving money then." He shook his head in disappoint and walked away. A few people who heard the conversation were laughing when the kid walked away. 

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #2,109 of 5,506
Another story, one of my co-workers tried to convince me that Beats are the best headphones. He said for dub step or rap, they are the best headphones on the market, no questions asked. Tried to convince him that the Beats have N64 rumble packs as bass and it's not real bass. He kept saying "I paid more, so they're obviously better than cheaper headphones." Shake my head...

Just inform him of your nice pair of LCD 2s at home. You paid 3 times as much for them. They're obviously better. (this works whether or not you own LCD 2s) Or any other headphone tbh. Lol

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #2,110 of 5,506
I have friends who still think iPod buds are the shizz in SQ =/ I try telling them they're not really, but what can I do when their source is 90% 128kbps.

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #2,111 of 5,506
Easy. Get a nice bassy song and some nice balanced headphones. Tell them to listen through their iBuds. Then tell them to try out your headphones. Works best on a laptop with two headphone jacks.

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #2,112 of 5,506
let the beats bose and candies be mainstream.
if audiophile headphones go mainstream then the price will go up.
so we're actually lucky beats bose and candies are up there.
as long as our desirable gears are not highly demanded, they'll be more affordable.
im not going to recommend any random person ATs, Senns, grados, denons, beyers, stax, ultras ect.
ill just tell them beats bose and candies are best.
i wouldn't want a sudden rise in the price of a item im investing on in the future.

Sep 23, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2,113 of 5,506
Wasn't called out for not wearing the beats today, but instead I was called out for not wearing SKULLCANDIES. Apparently without hearing my Ultrasones my friend thinks my other friend's skullcandy 50/50 is going to be better sounding. 
deadhorse.gif

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #2,115 of 5,506
Reading this thread makes me glad I'm old and don't have to go to school anymore
cool.gif
. Back in the day you were considered the cats meow if you owned a Sony cassette walkman and had a pair of Pioneer speakers at home. Throw in a Marantz or Sony receiver and everyone wanted to make your house the place to go for a party. Ahhh the good old vinyl spinning days such a shame it's gone forever.

God I feel old
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back