Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Aug 12, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #1,471 of 5,506
Aug 12, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #1,473 of 5,506
They're supposedly real aluminum. If I had $70 to burn, I'd get one to experiment. But I'd rather actually buy an ortho instead...

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #1,474 of 5,506

Quote:
yeah, i totally agree that htc sucks because of an investment they made.

This is a ridiculous sentiment. Have you heard the sound from 99% of phones out there? Absolute garbage. The fact that an influential company in the industry is making at least a small effort to improve their sound quality is highly encouraging. And I say that having owned the Evo (which sounded like a cat being violated with sandpaper). You may not like the headphones or "what the beats brand stands for" (yada yada yada), but if the pairing does even the slightest bit to jump-start electronics manufacturers into improving their own SQ, then I'm all for it. And there's no way in hell it could possibly sound worse than most of what's available now. On top of that, subsidized phone prices are extremely static, so it's not as if having a bit of beats tinkering will jack the price up. Who knows, maybe Motorola or Samsung will see this and partner with Cowon 
rolleyes.gif

Edit: That was mostly directed at the quote within the quote, but I guess it doesn't show multiple quotes...

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #1,477 of 5,506

Quote:

Why do you think I was drunk? I was quite serious. Also I don't have any friends with beats.

because you were saying good things about your Shures.
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #1,478 of 5,506

Quote:
because you were saying good things about your Shures.
wink_face.gif

Regardless of weather I like them or not (which I do), they still slay any pair of beats i have heard.

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #1,480 of 5,506
So I was at Radioshack, and the employees were talking about Beats with a customer, (who had never heard of Beats?). They said the bass was so intense that the headphones themselves shake. I was incredibly tempted to say that if a headphone housing shakes, it's inherently flawed from the start, and go on a spiel, but I was just there for flux and didn't want to cause a scene. I couldn't find the flux, and when I asked them if they have any, there had a bewildered look saying, "flux...?" "Yeah, for this capacitor for my Delorean..."

Aug 14, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #1,482 of 5,506

Quote:
While you're back in time you can stop beats from being created.  
basshead.gif

​

I think I would feel bad about stopping the Beats production. As bad/overpriced as they may be, they are very very good at one thing. Taking peoples money for no good reason. I have been trying to figure out a way to do that for my entire life. Here is a $5 headphone, now please give me $400. I wish I could do that. I suppose I can hold on to my morals, it is always nice garnering respect after all. 

Who am I kidding, If I could go back into time I could become wealthy and maintain respect. Sorry this is so all off topic. I haven't left the house much in the last week, studying, so I have no Beats encounters to contribute.

Wait that's not entirely true. My sister was working at a day camp over the summer, and made me talk to her boss. Apparently he was talking about how the Beats are the best headphones ever and he owned a pair. My sister knows little on the subject, but enough to assume my gear was better. He assured her his that his headphones are the best. I think she just wanted him to look stupid, so she made me talk to him on the phone. He asked me what I thought about mine compared to his. I kept it simple. I said mine sounded good, and his sounded like garbage. When I talked to my sister after she got off work, she told me that apparently one of his buddies who is in the "recording business" owns a few pairs of the ones I do since they are so good. If I owned Shure, Sony, Sennheiser, AKG, or Beyer I would have thought there was a change he was not lying just to save face, but please. I am sure his friend has a stack of LCD-2's in his studio. I thought that was funny, going from Beats are the best to, oh my friend has some of those. 

I did have another incident with a Beats owner in the last few months. I was on a plain landing back home in New Orleans. I am not sure which part of this story is worse. The first part is I lost my iPhone 4 sitting at the gate in LAX waiting to board. The second part was I had to be nice to the guy in the row in front of me wearing Beats so I could borrow his phone to call for a ride. I guess since he didn't say anything to me he doesn't deserve to be criticized for his purchase, but really I would have been helping him out.

Aug 14, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #1,483 of 5,506
I do believe that Beats have kindasorta helped the headphone business in the long run though. Kids are getting more interested in audio because of Beats, which can get other companies to make new stuff.

If I had a time machine, I'd buy like 10 pairs of K1000's from when they were clearanced at $300.

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #1,484 of 5,506
I can not afford that much at the moment, but at those prices who can say no. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back