Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jun 28, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #844 of 5,506

Quote:
The amp on the E7 is better than the one on the E5. Not something to brag about, but better. And obviously better than any Realtek HD oboard card audio. No one is saying the E7 is a hi-fi system, but it should be noticeably better than his Toshiba's headphone out.

I have E7 that I used to use as portable amp for my IE8 however, the gain is so subtle that couldn't tell much difference without A/B ing them. It will, however bring out more detail and slightly smoother the sound, but it just not worth to bring an extra device in my pocket, espcially in summer

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #845 of 5,506

Quote:
Metallica, Slayer, Judast Preist, and prettymuch anything Pre-2000 is mastred quite well considering the noise levels prettymuch requested by fans.

Only mid schoolers think slipknot is metal.

X2

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #847 of 5,506

Quote:

Don't be all elitist about music genres. Slipknot has elements of Metal in it. I don't feel like googling them for the next 30 minutes to get an accurate description of their genre. The term I hear most often is Nu-Metal (mostly from younger groups who compare them to modern Death Metal).

No one has ever called me out on my Headphones because no one around me ever has a better pair. It's sad really (my sister has bose ae triports and those are not too bad).

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #848 of 5,506

Quote:
I actually love Slipknot and believe it's better recorded than 90% of the metal out there. Oh and it has something else besides just yelling. And it has a decent drummer. Sorry, but it's innovative to see something heavier that doesn't feel claustrophobic and where I can actually distinguish the instruments.

And can we agree on nu-metal?

ever herd of metallica, Slayer, Megadeath, AleStorm, Municipal waste, Blind Guardian, Rammstein, Cage*screaming but no hissing and growling*, Gwar, Epica, Nightwish,  3 Inches of blood. All of which are metal*slipknot is totally hardrock* and all of which have WAAAAAY better interment separation and Dynamic range, Yes I think we can agree that nu-metal is crap. I'm not saying slipknot is all bad, I like a few songs but I don't find them all that great.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #849 of 5,506

Quote:
ever herd of metallica, Slayer, Megadeath, AleStorm, Municipal waste, Blind Guardian, Rammstein, Cage*screaming but no hissing and growling*, Gwar, Epica, Nightwish,  3 Inches of blood. All of which are metal*slipknot is totally hardrock* and all of which have WAAAAAY better interment separation and Dynamic range, Yes I think we can agree that nu-metal is crap. I'm not saying slipknot is all bad, I like a few songs but I don't find them all that great.

I've heard 65% of the names in your list and I still like Slipknot. Not my favorite band; but they make my playlists.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #850 of 5,506

Quote:
hifiheadphones.co.uk

Only site I found with a resonable price and Google Checkout.

I stumbled upon a Canadian site that has it listed, though don't know if they actually stock it... http://www.lamusic.ca/Sennheiser-HD25-13-Closed-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-p/hd25-13.htm

I wonder why it mostly only seems available in Europe.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #851 of 5,506
I was also shocked. She probably bought it in a store (not online). Oddly enough, she still uses her iBuds; I think she's trying to preserve her Beats as they're very fragile, though I don't consider that an adequate reason.

Quote:
Your friend spent $300 on Beats... in China?!

WAITWAITWAIT scratch that. How can a Solo be worth $300? It's... it's not remotely...

I'm surprised he didn't buy fakes. The price alone should put him off :|

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #852 of 5,506

Quote:

I dislike most nu-metal, and from what I've heard SlipKnot don't fit most nu-metal, but I couldn't find a better category really. If they were nu-metal they would be much better than almost anything in that category I've heard.
But look, I don't like/listen to pop, but I understand that in that genre, Madonna is very good. It's completely subjective.Your opinion doesn't necessarily reflect an entire genre.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #853 of 5,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YES!  Over the Seas!

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #855 of 5,506

Quote:

Oh ye the Nightwish~, there new vocal isn't that bad lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back