Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Apr 19, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #466 of 5,506
From a psychological standpoint, if there's a "defined time" for anything you are much more likely to want to take part. Humans are actually wired to conform to a greater and lesser extent. By saying, "April 20th at 4:20PM you're supposed to smoke pot," people who already smoke it, even if it's just occasionally, are much more likely to. It's almost an excuse.

Conformity decreases the chance of exile from the tribe which would result in death, eh?

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #467 of 5,506

Quote:
Quote:
From a psychological standpoint, if there's a "defined time" for anything you are much more likely to want to take part. Humans are actually wired to conform to a greater and lesser extent. By saying, "April 20th at 4:20PM you're supposed to smoke pot," people who already smoke it, even if it's just occasionally, are much more likely to. It's almost an excuse.

Conformity decreases the chance of exile from the tribe which would result in death, eh?

This is getting extreme...

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #468 of 5,506
It's weird, my friends are actually glad I bought my V6. I was expecting everyone to be stubborn and get pissed off at the fact I spent $70 on headphones, and won't even bother to try them out. Only a few couldn't understand why. One of my friends actually said it's no big deal, he'll be spenging >$300 on Beats (uhmm...). Most of my friends/classmates love my hp and want to get some like these. And I havent even gotten stares when in public, only a few normal "stranger walking down the street" glances! lol

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #469 of 5,506
lets get back on topic.

you know what i got called out for today? that's right for not wearing the beats.

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #472 of 5,506

Quote:
It's weird, my friends are actually glad I bought my V6. I was expecting everyone to be stubborn and get pissed off at the fact I spent $70 on headphones, and won't even bother to try them out. Only a few couldn't understand why. One of my friends actually said it's no big deal, he'll be spenging >$300 on Beats (uhmm...). Most of my friends/classmates love my hp and want to get some like these. And I havent even gotten stares when in public, only a few normal "stranger walking down the street" glances! lol

TELL HIM TO GET THE HFI-580 and a cheep amp with bass boost*because aint nothing wrong with earth shaking bass* and lol at all the beats users.

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #473 of 5,506

Quote:
lets get back on topic.

you know what i got called out for today? that's right for not wearing the beats.

OH NO YOU DINT!!!! OH HELLLLLLLNAW!

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #478 of 5,506
I was in the San Francisco Apple Store today (near Market Street) and all the headphones had Beats as the demos. Then I saw a pair of B&H P5's over in the corner and asked one of the people in blue if I could test drive them on my iPhone, which has a few tracks I in a playlist for testing. I have to say, I was quite impressed though I'm still glad I went with my Denons.

Anyway, I started talking with the guy and I commented on how all the iPods were attached to Beats and he looks at me and goes, "Yeah... They're what people seem to like. Personally, I think those [the P5's] are the best headphones we carry in the store. They definitely sound better than the Beats."

Nice to know even the folks who sell Beats know they're trash. :D

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #479 of 5,506
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZY0qGrA9Y

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........hahaha

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #480 of 5,506

Quote:
I was in the San Francisco Apple Store today (near Market Street) and all the headphones had Beats as the demos. Then I saw a pair of B&H P5's over in the corner and asked one of the people in blue if I could test drive them on my iPhone, which has a few tracks I in a playlist for testing. I have to say, I was quite impressed though I'm still glad I went with my Denons.

Anyway, I started talking with the guy and I commented on how all the iPods were attached to Beats and he looks at me and goes, "Yeah... They're what people seem to like. Personally, I think those [the P5's] are the best headphones we carry in the store. They definitely sound better than the Beats."

Nice to know even the folks who sell Beats know they're trash. :D

You would think they were full of crap, glad to know they're not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back