German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Jan 10, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #181 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday, January 8, 2010 I received the GMP 435 S. I have been listening to them out of several amps and sources over the last 24 hours. This is not my first experience w/ a German Maestro headphone, having previously listened to the GMP 8.300 D.

I do not know how many hours of burn-in this unit has; they should have plenty of burn-in since it has gone through several members before reaching my hands. Since I have no way of knowing and since I will be able to keep them for two weeks I will start by burning them in for 100 hours or so.

For now straight out of the box my initial impressions are:

Like:
- Very lightweight
- Extremely comfortable, plus it easily adjusts w/ the built in mechanism
- Very easy to drive, only 35 ohms
- Nice feature to provide extension relief w/ the built in coiled cable section
- Nice wide soundstage
- Nice dep and thick low bass

Do not like:
- Top end is way too energetic
- The mids are a bit thin sounding, lacks depth

Here are a couple of pictures:

DSCN0843.jpg

DSCN0845.jpg

More to come …

Are they better from 8.300 D/8.35 ?

Jan 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #183 of 246
I will try the velour pads, thanks for the tip. BTW, I have continued to burn-in the cans and they have an additional 65 hours since I received them. Currently I am amping the GMP 435 S with a Solo SRGII w/ a PSU1 and going back and forth comparing it w/ a Grado RS-1. It may be my ears playing a game on me but the treble seems to be less energetic and much more enjoyable. More to come.

Jan 11, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #184 of 246
Quote:

I will try the velour pads, thanks for the tip. BTW, I have continued to burn-in the cans and they have an additional 65 hours since I received them. Currently I am amping the GMP 435 S with a Solo SRGII w/ a PSU1 and going back and forth comparing it w/ a Grado RS-1. It may be my ears playing a game on me but the treble seems to be less energetic and much more enjoyable. More to come.

I have on them around 15 hours burn in, they've visited 2 more members.
A comparison with the RS-1 will be nice.
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #185 of 246
I may not be the best person to do the comparison w/ the Grado RS-1 or for that mater any other headphone. I say this because for some reason the GMP 435 S are not my cup of tea and I would hate to steer a member away from them based solely on my opinion.

I will say that since I swapped to the velour pads the comfort level has come up at least a couple of notches an finally they are comfortable. Also IMO the sound is more open and the bass has lost some impact and it is more mellow. Depending on the type of music you listen to and what you want out of your music the change may be for the worse or the better. I feel the change with the velour pad makes the 435 S more of a Sunday morning kind of unit, that is very relaxing and more of a hang out can than a critical listening can. YMMV.

Once again I would like to think Acix and German Maestro for the opportunity to try this can. Acix, who is the Head Fi member to whom I should send the GMP 435 S too? Thanks.

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #186 of 246
Quote:

I may not be the best person to do the comparison w/ the Grado RS-1 or for that mater any other headphone. I say this because for some reason the GMP 435 S are not my cup of tea and I would hate to steer a member away from them based solely on my opinion.

I will say that since I swapped to the velour pads the comfort level has come up at least a couple of notches an finally they are comfortable. Also IMO the sound is more open and the bass has lost some impact and it is more mellow. Depending on the type of music you listen to and what you want out of your music the change may be for the worse or the better. I feel the change with the velour pad makes the 435 S more of a Sunday morning kind of unit, that is very relaxing and more of a hang out can than a critical listening can. YMMV.

Once again I would like to think Acix and German Maestro for the opportunity to try this can. Acix, who is the Head Fi member to whom I should send the GMP 435 S too? Thanks.

You're welcome Miguel, I glad you had a chance to check out the 435. the next member in line is Ourfpshero, please check the details with him.

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #188 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this would be awesome if german maestro would ship to the Philippines. I'm on it in case its possible

What do you mean, as a part of the U.S. Loan Program to ship to the Philippines?

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #190 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're welcome Miguel, I glad you had a chance to check out the 435. the next member in line is Ourfpshero, please check the details with him.

I have sent ourfpshero a PM requesting his address. Thanks.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #191 of 246
woot! my turn. will post impressions and comparisons

when i ship them on to the next peep, how much do i insure them for?

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #192 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woot! my turn. will post impressions and comparisons

when i ship them on to the next peep, how much do i insure them for?

I think the minimum is $100, and cost about $1.75, or so.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #193 of 246
received them today. did a quick listen and was impressed. much better than the quart 55x we all had a while back! nice extension in bass and highs, very lively. being a gamer i love this kind of thing. impressive fit and finish, love the cord.
will spend a few days with this and poat some impressions

acix- when i ship this on to the next peep, should i keep the now beatup box? (the outer box its been shipped in. the headphone's display box is in perfect condition). i ask because it has 'german maestro' tape in a few spots.

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #194 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
received them today. did a quick listen and was impressed. much better than the quart 55x we all had a while back! nice extension in bass and highs, very lively. being a gamer i love this kind of thing. impressive fit and finish, love the cord.
will spend a few days with this and poat some impressions

acix- when i ship this on to the next peep, should i keep the now beatup box? (the outer box its been shipped in. the headphone's display box is in perfect condition). i ask because it has 'german maestro' tape in a few spots.

How's the comfort compared to the QP55x? I noticed the other day that the eBay store still has some QP55xs for $45.

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #195 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's the comfort compared to the QP55x? I noticed the other day that the eBay store still has some QP55xs for $45.

they are both the same size and type of pads. so comfort is the same, very light and nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back