German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Dec 29, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #167 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who is next anyways?

About 2 weeks ago I was sent a PM by Graphicism that I would be next and asked for my address. Since I had not received the package I sent him a PM on 12/22 to find out if he had been able to ship them. No response so far.
confused.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #168 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About 2 weeks ago I was sent a PM by Graphicism that I would be next and asked for my address. Since I had not received the package I sent him a PM on 12/22 to find out if he had been able to ship them. No response so far.
confused.gif

Hey mrarroyo, thanks for the update. I hope you get the headphones soon and we can continue from there. Hopefully the delay is just due to holiday business. Keep us posted.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #169 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any chance of accepting a Canadian (me) into the program? I have good feedback -- Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Search Results --. Please consider - thanX.

Hey Charlie, as I said before, I would like for the Canadian members to be included in the program. The only problem is that the last person from the US will have to pay triple the shipping costs to send them to Canada and the last person on the Canadian list would have the same issue sending them back to the US. If you can come up with a solution for this problem, I'll be happy to set it up. Include a list of the Canadian members who would want to participate in the program.

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #170 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally into the quadruple digits.

I'd be willing to try out the 435's and the 400's if you guys will accept me into the program =)

Acix, I don't mean to be a bother, but you replied to the post right after mine.

Would it not be possible for me to be accepted into this program?

My feedback is more about quality than quantity, but it's there.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f12/nullstring-431046/

Thanks

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #173 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the 435s compare to the k702 and sennheiser 600/650. Like if i wanted to go out and buy one of those would the sound differ enough to warrant it.

The 435 compare to the K-702, for me both are great studio hps and they both has their pros and cons. With the 435 you don't necessary need amp they are 35 ohm and very easy to drive remind me of the RS-1. With the K-702 the more money you put on the amp and the dac better sound quality you'll get, and you can go easy over $2K.

About the sound, they are very close... the K-702 have better depth with a different mids. The 435 are more wide on the stereo image and the overall sound presentation more flat and balanced especially with the newer pads. Both are fast and focus with a very good ambiance and transparent view and a great detail sound. I recable my K-702 and I'm sure the 435 can benefit big time from some good recabling work.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #175 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmagus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like GM to do loan program inside EU

there is one do a search
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #176 of 246
Jan 10, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #178 of 246
Yesterday, January 8, 2010 I received the GMP 435 S. I have been listening to them out of several amps and sources over the last 24 hours. This is not my first experience w/ a German Maestro headphone, having previously listened to the GMP 8.300 D.

I do not know how many hours of burn-in this unit has; they should have plenty of burn-in since it has gone through several members before reaching my hands. Since I have no way of knowing and since I will be able to keep them for two weeks I will start by burning them in for 100 hours or so.

For now straight out of the box my initial impressions are:

Like:
- Very lightweight
- Extremely comfortable, plus it easily adjusts w/ the built in mechanism
- Very easy to drive, only 35 ohms
- Nice feature to provide extension relief w/ the built in coiled cable section
- Nice wide soundstage
- Nice dep and thick low bass

Do not like:
- Top end is way too energetic
- The mids are a bit thin sounding, lacks depth

Here are a couple of pictures:

DSCN0843.jpg

DSCN0845.jpg

More to come …

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #179 of 246
They get a little better when you listen to to them for a while. The seem to calm a little bit.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #180 of 246
They are not susceptible to burn in so just listen and get used to them
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back