German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Apr 18, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #241 of 246
Yes the DT880 pads fit perfectly as well!

As far as how they stack up against other phones, I'd say they beat out the HD600. The soundstage on these is pretty damn big and they have far more detail. Also the mids are more resolving and the bass is tighter and even better controlled.

As for the DT880 I'd say I still prefer my DT880 as I like more meat on Them Bones (Alice in Chains reference
wink.gif
).

Now compared to AKG's I'd say these 435S's are a bit better for a wider range of stuff, but the AKG has more detail. As for neutrality the 435S's win. Not that the K702 isn't incredibly neutral, but it's an artificially created neutrality. Now the bass on the 435S's isn't exactly neutral, but not overdone like many other phones.

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #242 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the DT880 pads fit perfectly as well!

As far as how they stack up against other phones, I'd say they beat out the HD600. The soundstage on these is pretty damn big and they have far more detail. Also the mids are more resolving and the bass is tighter and even better controlled.

As for the DT880 I'd say I still prefer my DT880 as I like more meat on Them Bones (Alice in Chains reference
wink.gif
).

Now compared to AKG's I'd say these 435S's are a bit better for a wider range of stuff, but the AKG has more detail. As for neutrality the 435S's win. Not that the K702 isn't incredibly neutral, but it's an artificially created neutrality. Now the bass on the 435S's isn't exactly neutral, but not overdone like many other phones.

Agree, the 435S's with the oval newer pads show the coloration of the 701/2 in the mids, the 435S's sounds more balanced compare to the 701/2 and basically more balanced then most of the hps out there in the last 10 years.

I was waiting for this moment, for some one to figured out the 435S, like you did.
beerchug.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #243 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree, the 435S's with the oval newer pads show the coloration of the 701/2 in the mids, the 435S's sounds more balanced compare to the 701/2 and basically more balanced then most of the hps out there in the last 10 years.

I was waiting for this moment, for some one to figured out the 435S, like you did.
beerchug.gif

Yeah the 435S's are just a great phone and can rival the K702 IMO. I like how much more balanced they sound in comparison.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #246 of 246
  Maybe the party is still going on, to be sure you'll need to compare them the newer models that come out from other companies, for examples the ATH M50X and the M40X. 

whoho! I've only got a closed Back HD 25-1 II to compare it to, that an my recollection of the Shure 840 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back