German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Apr 5, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #226 of 246
...Maybe they should go around again now they've been broken in some.
regular_smile .gif

Hey Acix any chance of hearing any of the other models?

Apr 5, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #227 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah then the stock were the ones that I did not like. I preferred the oval ones much more since they have more bass. Mine came with the oval pads installed so I assumed they were stock.

Also are these going back to GM? I'd be willing to take these off of their hands for them
wink.gif

Ok then we don´t have the same ears. I have to try those oval pads again but I want to remember the stock ones with thethick filters where the bassy ones
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #228 of 246
The stock ones had bass, but I just didn't like them at all. They seemed to loose some clarity and cohesiveness of the sound (if that makes sense).

Acix, got his e-mail at all? I hope I can snag these for free since they are a little banged up.

Also I'm really dying to make these balanced so I can hear if they improve a lot.

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #229 of 246
Quote:

The stock ones had bass, but I just didn't like them at all. They seemed to loose some clarity and cohesiveness of the sound (if that makes sense).

Acix, got his e-mail at all? I hope I can snag these for free since they are a little banged up.

Also I'm really dying to make these balanced so I can hear if they improve a lot.

What do you mean, a little banged up?

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #230 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean, a little banged up?

The silver lettering on the right side is slightly scratched up and there are some small scratches (super tiny ones, you can't see them in a photo) and wear present. They had arrived to me this way.

I guess banged up is the wrong word to used, surface wear would be better. They are in great condition though, nearly new except for those small things.

So yeah wrong choice of words.. lol my bad.

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #231 of 246
Quote:

The silver lettering on the right side is slightly scratched up and there are some small scratches (super tiny ones, you can't see them in a photo) and wear present. They had arrived to me this way.

I guess banged up is the wrong word to used, surface wear would be better. They are in great condition though, nearly new except for those small things.

So yeah wrong choice of words.. lol my bad.

I just sent you Tomas contact email, good luck.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #232 of 246
Got a response from him and he said I can keep them if I'm willing to pay half of their SRP. So I will keep them then and he said I can keep the pads for free.

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #233 of 246
Quote:

Got a response from him and he said I can keep them if I'm willing to pay half of their SRP. So I will keep them then and he said I can keep the pads for free.

Congratulations man!
smile_phones.gif
let us know about your experience with the recabling process. BTW, the GMP pads fit the DT-880?

Apr 8, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #234 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations man!
smile_phones.gif
let us know about your experience with the recabling process. BTW, the GMP pads fit the DT-880?

I haven't tried yet but it looks like they do. Will try right now.

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #235 of 246
Back and yes they fit perfectly!!

I tried the velour's (with semi-open back padding) and I must say these have more bass than the stock DT880 pads but have a little more airiness and open sound!!

gedc0001.jpg

gedc0004.jpg

gedc0005v.jpg

The velor pads (with semi-open back padding) and I say these have more bass than the stock DT880 pads but have a little more airiness and open sound!! Nice!!

The vinyl ones had the most bass and was very impactful, almost as much as the d5000, but better controlled. But they lose on air but gain a bigger soundstage. Also note they sound a little confined, but wait that contradicts what I said before... but you understand what I mean.

The stock 435S pads had almost as much bass as the vinyl ones, but with the drawbacks lessened a little bit. The soundstage is about the same as a stock DT880.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #236 of 246
UPDATE: 4/16/10
Man these 435S's have more bass then my DT880's and HD600's combined, and it still remains tight and controlled!

The soundstage is huge actually, far bigger than both as well.

I'm really digging these a lot!

Apr 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #239 of 246
Tried the beyer pads on the 435S?

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #240 of 246
I actually preferred the velour pads. I didn't care much for the stock pads. The vinyl pads fit my head the best for some reason. The velour pads didn't quite seal to my head.

If you can tell from that, I'm not much of a bass head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back