German Maestro U.S. Loan Program
Dec 4, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #136 of 246
I've easily put 20-30 hours non-head time, leaving them on all day for a solid 8 hours before listening. I'm more a believer of warming up the drivers as opposed to burn-in which is why I didn't put more time on them yet this didn't change the sound a great deal. I will say they sound better loud, really loud, as mentioned they are work to listen too.

Perhaps they aren't meant for music but voice, a monitoring tool to be used while recording live video or something along those lines?

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #137 of 246
If you ever open up testing to a poor Canadian, I am a few paltry posts away from 1000
wink.gif
and would love to test a pair of the GMP 435S or GMP400 out. Oh and did I mention I like writing up reviews
icon10.gif

Anyway just sayin...

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #138 of 246
Graphicism, I can see that with the GM's.

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #139 of 246
Graphicism, thanks for your impression...I have low expectations, and I'm cool with whatever experience you may have. I love the 35 ohm drivers and GMP approach to sound. About the flat response you're right, it just takes some time...
smile.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #140 of 246
Graphism, your write up matches my experience with the lower end, 90s era MB Quarts that I own, the QP45x and QP55x. Both are somewhat bland for listening to music. They are the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.

The QP85 I own are not bland at all, but still not for everyone because they're a little bass light.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #142 of 246
Don´t see why not unless you get banned for spamming
biggrin.gif

I can definiatly see why people see them as booring. They are in the neutral camp afterall not supposed to be euphonic. 450 Pro is a bit more sweet surely though if you miss bass on this you will really miss bass on that one. They don´t engage or annoy you but I certainly get nice bass on my system so if you have other sources you could try. As for burn in on these it hardly made any difference really for me. Soundstage is what took time to get used to but that is not really burnin just adaptation.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #143 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don´t see why not unless you get banned for spamming
biggrin.gif

I can definiatly see why people see them as booring. They are in the neutral camp afterall not supposed to be euphonic. 450 Pro is a bit more sweet surely though if you miss bass on this you will really miss bass on that one. They don´t engage or annoy you but I certainly get nice bass on my system so if you have other sources you could try. As for burn in on these it hardly made any difference really for me. Soundstage is what took time to get used to but that is not really burnin just adaptation.

Yes, the 435 have a great bass, very natural...I don't need more coloration.
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #148 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, KBI don't want to check out some of the most natural and balanced hps.
confused_face.gif

Perhaps a first come first served policy is in order... Pretty surreal people say no to free headphone auditioning though... Almost make you pissed coming from the woods where you have to buy anything you want to hear pretty much lol.

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #149 of 246
Still waiting for my chance to come. Anyone live near central Mass?

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #150 of 246
I just wanted to say that i pulled the plug on a pair of the 435s and i want to ask a question. I feel that the bass on these are very light like lighter than a pair of grados but detail and everything else is just wonderful. After some burn in does the bass come out or does it stay the same. I just got these today and out of the box this is what i am hearing. I just want to know if the bass kicks in or basically what i am hearing is what i get. I am running these out of a d10 also if that makes any difference. Oh and to describe the bass to anyone interested it is like very far away everything else is there but the bass is way in the back and overshadowed by everything else or atleast i hear it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back