Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 31, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #421 of 1,620
Precogs graph looks like a vent is blocked or something. That bass is dominant on his set which I am not hearing on mine. Looks like a basshead IEM Lol. Strange in deed.
Yea if someone try to use taping-vent mod, it will sound exactly like that FR chart. Bass will lose air and become muddy, the staging disappears right away too

Jul 31, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #422 of 1,620
Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #423 of 1,620
Ya me too. I have expressed my concerns with Penon as they will relay the message to Geek folks. I hope they tighten up on that QC. I get that they are frantically making these to fill orders. I bet they weren't expecting just how many orders they got.

Jul 31, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #424 of 1,620
Just read precog’s impression note, i feel he gave impression at too early stage with vent holes covered, the bass dominant he described is what I mentioned at very first line of my out of impression comment, which is 0.1% of very early stage.

1st: paragraph 1, line 1 “right out of box, dynamic drivers still sounding dull”
Post in thread 'The discovery thread!'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-16474062

Rest of follow ups:
Shallow fit vs deeper insertion: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/geek-wold-discussion-gk10.958787/post-16478045

General observations:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/geek-wold-discussion-gk10.958787/post-16476284

Final Conclusion:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/geek-wold-discussion-gk10.958787/post-16480401

Hours spent: 6hr+6hrs+10hrs +50hrs of burn-in with pink-noise

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #427 of 1,620
Graphs don't lie in that way.
Yea precog’s FR tells his impression is in accord with that chart, something is wrong there probably vent hole is covered and DD driver units are still at right out of the box stage. It changes with just few hours of little burn-in.

25db gap of dominant bass is a nightmare, I had same problem with KBEAR KS1, bass dominant V-shape was the unit on my KS1.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #428 of 1,620
He doesnt seem to be a burn in type of person so take that for what it is.

There is no way his set should have bass that dominant though even out of the box. My set wasn't great out of the box as well.

If I based my sound assessment out of the box on all my earphones. I would say 95% of them would all suck to be honest.

Come to think of it the only earphone all this year that didn't suck out of the box was the recent Yanyin Aladdin I recently got.

Heck I remember listening to the Solaris the first time out of the box. I thought I got hornswaggled. Sounded nothing like how they were described. Bass was anemic no way was that a $1500 earphone was my thought. Lol.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #429 of 1,620
Yea precog’s FR tells his impression is in accord with that chart, something is wrong there probably vent hole is covered and DD driver units are still at right out of the box stage. It changes with just few hours of little burn-in.

With the cheap shell that feels like it just popped out of a Kinder Egg I wouldn't be surprised...

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #430 of 1,620
He doesnt seem to be a burn in type of person so take that for what it is.

There is no way his set should have bass that dominant though even out of the box. My set wasn't great out of the box as well.

If I based my sound assessment out of the box on all my earphones. I would say 95% of them would all suck to be honest.

Come to think of it the only earphone all this year that didn't suck out of the box was the recent Yanyin Aladdin I recently got.

Heck I remember listening to the Solaris the first time out of the box. I thought I got hornswaggled. Sounded nothing like how they were describe. Bass was anemic no was was that a $1500 earphone was my thought. Lol.
I’m speculating QC variance, considering Geek Wold doesn’t look like a manufacturer practicing Six-Sigmas or Toyota-Way.

It sounds like a mixture of
1:Vent holes could be sealed from inside
2:xf_eek:ut of the box DD note
3: unit variance of circuits / drivers (either bass too high or treble

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #431 of 1,620
With the cheap shell that feels like it just popped out of a Kinder Egg I wouldn't be surprised...
Lol genius explanation of “feels like out of a Kinder Egg”! I may steal that credit in future referencing.

“Out of a Kinder Egg, a sound of wonder arise”

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #432 of 1,620
Ya it is the QC variation that is more concerning if that is whats happening. That graph looks exactly like how these would sound if the vent was blocked though. It seems most folks got what they prescribed for.

If any of you guys got an overly bassy set please chime in here and let us know.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #433 of 1,620
Ya it is the QC variation that is more concerning if that is whats happening. That graph looks exactly like how these would sound if the vent was blocked though. It seems most folks got what they prescribed for.

If any of you guys got an overly bassy set please chime in here and let us know.
Second possibility is Geek Wold GK10 is a unintentional tuning miracle, and Geek Wold suddenly minor changed their model in later productions based on their early adopter customer’s voice “oh hey sound is too thin, turn up volume on DA BASS, I’m gonna need “Beats by Dr. Dre” “

If that speculation is true, a shame😭
I would also give Grade E or F with that 25dB of dominant bass.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #434 of 1,620
Second possibility is Geek Wold GK10 is a unintentional tuning miracle, and Geek Wold suddenly minor changed their model in later productions based on their early adopter customer’s voice “oh hey sound is too thin, turn up volume on DA BASS, I’m gonna need “Beats by Dr. Dre” “

If that speculation is true, a shame😭
I got early set sounds fine not too bassy just right with effect audio cable upgrade and balanced cable. New set ordered for comparison....we shall hear..research continues...

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #435 of 1,620
Yea precog’s FR tells his impression is in accord with that chart, something is wrong there probably vent hole is covered and DD driver units are still at right out of the box stage.

His unit was sent to him from a kind user on this forum I believe, with circa 30 hours 'burn-in'.

There is just no way I hear the bass his graph shows...there would be very little else to hear, but in fact there's plenty on show. Beautiful texture, top to bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back