Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 30, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #391 of 1,620
These on valentines day next year?
Everyone have some type of :heartpulse: day in your country?

Long gone are the days of giving a rose, now we give 2 DDs, a BA and some peizoelectric drivers! Enough to make any woman/man fall for you.

Jul 30, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #394 of 1,620
Just asked my gf, she said they are ugly. She likes my land... Nope
Guess we're back to plan B.

Is she more of a TFZ My Love 4 type of girl? :wink:

Jul 30, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #397 of 1,620
Colour n
me Geek! Best OOB performance by an iem in a long time and after 3 hrs I ordered a second set for friend or fiend! Very balanced sound without masking of meds or treble shrillness. Coveys emotions in music as good as 500$ or better sets an absolute gift at 45$ despite plastic build. Will upgrade cable soon and hear which way the sound goes! Bravo DS for this Rec. It will make many audiophiles go Nuts!
Followup. After overnight burn in stage expanded notes thicker as dynamic driver freed up. Had spare Effect Audio Cable and hooked up WOW now we're rolling.....bliss level performance with trance inducing
Harmonics out of old Shanling DAP I use for burn in. Will shift to Cayin N3pro tube linear circuit after breakfast to see what this baby can really do...glad I ordered second blue set ....DS strikes again!!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #398 of 1,620
Colour ne Geek! Best ooh performance by an iem in a long time and after 3 hrs I ordered a second set for friend or fiend! Very balanced sound without masking of meds or treble shrillness. Coveys emotions in music as good as 500$ or better sets an absolute gift at 45$ despite plastic build. Will upgrade cable soon and hear which way the sound goes! Bravo DS for this Rec. It will make many audiophiles go Nuts!

All hail the Geek! Nothing like a good ol' fashioned hype train to get me excited for a Monday delivery.

Jul 30, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #399 of 1,620
CCFBD608-D048-427D-BA0B-0743A541FAB7.jpeg

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #402 of 1,620
Look at that price to performance ratio, it's over 9,000! Sorry, joking aside, I have to mirror all of your observations on this one! Thanks for your efforts.
Highest price performance except $6 budget and decent sounding IEMs 😂

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #403 of 1,620
GK10 plays well especially for tracks made with a sense of staging:
Electronica:

Full Orchestral:

My personal niche (Tibetan monk mandala offering chants): a good IEM could form a hypo-soprano overtone harmonics from baritones, very unique eastern chant technics, maybe application of Khoomei(overtone singing), but monks chant do not produce actual soprano overtones, is just in ones own head. GK10’s bass separation capacity handles those low frequency harmonics very well.

Treble&Bass frequency and speed test

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #404 of 1,620
Well deserving of the hype. The GK10 keeps it's clarity even on a PS5 controller.

I really thought the Aria was the budget king to beat under $100. GK10 surpasses it. DS, AmericanSpirit and everyone else have been spot on in their assessments.
There isn't much more for me to add that wasn't already covered. It's a technical, resolving, near reference/neutral monitor with just enough of a slight bass boost to keep me happy. Thoroughly enjoying FFVII Remake with these. Realistic 3D sound with clarity and plenty of oomph. The Aria gives a tad too much in the explosions where these don't.

Sounds great on average sources, sounds excellent and scales nicely on higher end DACs and amps.

Use a cable and tips you like, and you'll have a ~$200-300 listening experience for much, much less. I really don't see a need to jump to the Variations yet with this around.
I could see the GK10 as a stopgap for those of us waiting for ESTs to drop in price. Maybe GW can surprise us later this year or next with a similar value redefining release utilizing ESTs.

Jul 31, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #405 of 1,620
Well deserving of the hype. The GK10 keeps it's clarity even on a PS5 controller.

I really thought the Aria was the budget king to beat under $100. GK10 surpasses it. DS, AmericanSpirit and everyone else have been spot on in their assessments.
There isn't much more for me to add that wasn't already covered. It's a technical, resolving, near reference/neutral monitor with just enough of a slight bass boost to keep me happy. Thoroughly enjoying FFVII Remake with these. Realistic 3D sound with clarity and plenty of oomph. The Aria gives a tad too much in the explosions where these don't.

Sounds great on average sources, sounds excellent and scales nicely on higher end DACs and amps.

Use a cable and tips you like, and you'll have a ~$200-300 listening experience for much, much less. I really don't see a need to jump to the Variations yet with this around.
I could see the GK10 as a stopgap for those of us waiting for ESTs to drop in price. Maybe GW can surprise us later this year or next with a similar value redefining release utilizing ESTs.
Yea, Variations is 91/100 and 85/100 for GK10, not a huge gap between those two(except the price of less than 10% of Variations), Variations got amazing bass, the speed x energy one, a tad better silky and articulating treble, slightly more technical overall, but with a narrower staging🤔 I actually prefer GK10 for full-orchestral where the sense of staging could plat a huge role.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back