Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 28, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #302 of 1,620
Just got mine. Nice woody green! Sound best so far with tried and true AZLA SednaEarfitLight. These already (after 10 min.) sound quite capable. NO bloat.
Is there a consensus on which reasonably priced cable (4.4) sounds best?
Also, the cable that came with mine is different from the pics I see in the threads here on Head-fi. Mine has a silver 90 degree 3.5 termination and silver ends w/ a R and L on the barrels. Plus a mic on the right side....
1627501809967.png

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #303 of 1,620
Just got mine. Nice woody green! Sound best so far with tried and true AZLA SednaEarfitLight. These already (after 10 min.) sound quite capable. NO bloat.
Also, the cable that came with mine is different from the pics I see in the threads here on Head-fi. Mine has a silver 90 degree 3.5 termination and silver ends w/ a R and L on the barrels. Plus a mic on the right side....
Screenshot_20210729-030119164 (1).jpg

or the Tri Through for maybe around $18

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #304 of 1,620
Jul 28, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #307 of 1,620
Tri Through is very good for a reasonable price.

edit: lol sorry missed the last page where like three other people recced the same cable.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #309 of 1,620
Not really listening to mine due to the right earpiece defect... Left ear sounds Amazing and I am trying to be patient until Penon ships my new one because I have a glimpse of what it really sounds like due to you guys impressions... Just a little jelly... Lol but still, I can see myself purchasing another if this replacement one is 100%.. Thanks @Dsnuts for the rec.. I was in from your first impressions!!

Jul 28, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #310 of 1,620
I'm hoping to get green. I ordered when the original (blue) was available. After a few days, I got a message saying they were out of blue, but they had wood, green or red. I wrote back saying send the wood. The next message was that they were out of wood and they only had red or "grab bag" which were some one colored units and they would pick at random. Due to time differences, note that every reply and response was about 12 hours in between. I really didn't want red (sorry), and I wasn't sure about a grab bag, so I just told them to cancel the order and refund my money. The next day (about 5 days since their first message, and nine days since my order), I got a message saying they had found a green and asking if I wanted it. Again with a 12 hour delay, I said "OK send the Green". The next morning, I received a message saying "OK". I now have an package on the way, but it's anybody's guess as to what color it may be. With my luck, it will probably be red!

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #312 of 1,620
Just ordered GK3 ($22) from Penon. Noticed it’s 3DD😁 Interested to see how Geek Wold could tune their 3DD!
I’ve heard that one has received less-than-favourable reviews…

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #314 of 1,620
I’ve heard that one has received less-than-favourable reviews…
Well for $20, I’m ok if that’s a landmine✌️It’s a collective purpose of an IEM small boutique’s effort and history of tuning.
Also each one got their own impressions, I’m gonna try it by myself to see

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #315 of 1,620
Findings about GK10’s sound reproduction characteristics:

-deeply inserted listening: due to the design of vent holes, one may cover the vent when IEM housing is tightly fitting to the ear, I saw a FR chart of GK10 with huge huge bass boost somewhere which probably is due to the vent hole is sealed when measuring sine sweep. I do not recommend this vent hole sealed listening, the dynamic drivers lose air to move and it is very noticeable in dull transient in mid and bass. When vent hole is sealed GK10 losses its magic.
5CC82CF4-ACD7-41F7-BC6F-2AC210BF2F22.jpeg

-shallow fit listening: due to the shape of the GK10 housing I had to SpinFit CP360, which enables the shallow fit and IEM housing not entirely adhere to the ear, less skin irritation. This shallow fit listening is when miracle of GK10 is happening, Airy atmosphere, wide sound stage, great sense of lower registers instrument separation, all those caveats. The shallow fit listening with stock cable may sound too bass-light(as it’s almost ER4 class flat), so I personally like to elevated bass floor using cables. CP360 does its job to retain airiness and proper balanced tonality, so changing to bass boost tips is not my option in this circumstance .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back