Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #272 of 1,620
If there's one negative I'd say about the GK10 so far, it'd be that it's so ADDICTIVE that you don't want to stop listening-- so it uses up a lot of my time. 😁

I will admit that the 9kHz spike creates such air and detail that a perception could be considered as "fatiguing" in the sense that your mind is always straining to hear those nuanced details. As in contrast to a "boring" tuning where you can just relax and listen to background music.
... Hopefully everyone can understand what I just stated and it isn't misconstrued.
I blame GK10 for consuming my sleeping time too, I was planning to sleep before 1 am, but then it was almost 4 am I realized I had to sleep.

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #273 of 1,620
Any idea if this is also popular in China?
Don't know, but I would imagine it will. I know the Chinese audiophile scene like their brighter tunings and such but these are so fundamentally solid, they will just pick up steam from here on as it will probably be the number one selling earphone for this year.

If anything I would imagine Chi fi manufacturers would take notice of the big following the GK10 will get and go from there.
As you know. Anything that is popular, others will take notice.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #274 of 1,620
Burn-in changes GK10 dramatically. What I hear OOTB vs now after at least 30 hours is different. They're opening up more and more.

Agreeing with Dsnuts that they should be burnt at acceptable volume without blasting them. For example, Moondrop included the following instructions in the box for burn in, mentioning that burn-in period shouldn't be very long also.I took a picture of it.

20210728_182102.jpg

I guess I'll end up selling some of the IEMs in my collection and purchase maybe one more GK10 with a different color as backup.

The soundstage is holographic with GK10 now. Expanding in three dimensions with a great imaging capability.

Take this instrumental song for instance. Depth is great. I hear tons of micro details and I understand the location of the each instrument layer by layer. I'm inside the scene. The timbre is great. It's airy. The violins sounds beautiful and extended. Cymbals are touching my ears gently without being harsh. If you have GK10, give a listen if you like instrumental chill out.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #275 of 1,620
Based on the graphs I've seen so far, there was dip around 1k. If you want to have the mids slightly closer to your ears give a slight emphasis on the frequencies like below. It will sound much better and sweeter if you like to play with EQ.

SmartSelect_20210728-183831_Poweramp.jpg

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #276 of 1,620
Looks likely or he just enjoys trolling and is more of a trollophile than an audiophile.😂

This has got me excited as I do listen to a lot of Hindustani music as well as qawwali. That Ustaad Saab's song is pure magic on shehnai. I will listen to it tonight on my Heart Mirror and later on GK10.
Hope you enjoy the GK10 welcome to the gang♠️

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #277 of 1,620
Hope you enjoy the GK10 welcome to the gang♠️
I hope so too! If Penon would have shipped them earlier I would have got them by now! Sigh. But I hope the wait is worth it. All impressions so far are superb so that's very reassuring

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #278 of 1,620
Any idea if this is also popular in China?
I'm from the US living and working in China, but so far I haven't seen them in Taobao. So, I had to go out of my way and get "Penon Audio" to deliver one to me. Hopefully, I will get the BLUE Geek Wold GK10 in a week since they are shipped out of Hong Kong.

So, I can personally say that at the moment, they might not be as popular in China, but it might start picking-up if the company decides to sell them through Taobao.

-Clear

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #281 of 1,620
1627495931227.png
Anybody get green? Just realized I haven't seen a green one from an owner yet.
Mine is black based with a tiny hint of green, love the coloring♠️
062FAC11-E080-4A7D-8726-32A3E3F391F9.jpeg

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #282 of 1,620
I'd like to see the design inside and how they fit those 5 drivers in the body. I wonder if anyone willing teardown and show how these ridiculously so light...

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #283 of 1,620
I'd like to see the design inside and how they fit those 5 drivers in the body. I wonder if anyone willing teardown and show how these ridiculously so light...
I would imagine a large acoustic cavity that’s behind the secret arrays of magical staging🤔 Interested to see internals too!

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #284 of 1,620
There is definitely a BA in the nozzle. I'm guessing the piezos are stacked coaxially on top of one of the DDs (probably the 8mm one).

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #285 of 1,620

We need a Geek to take one for the team...

I'll formally bestow Chief Geek title to whomever is willing to break it open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back