Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 28, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #256 of 1,620
Just taken delivery of my red pair. Ordered via AliExpress on 18th July, so pretty good delivery time.

Attachments

• 2FA03D30-A2AF-46DE-8EC8-68B809F011C9.jpeg
    2FA03D30-A2AF-46DE-8EC8-68B809F011C9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 2D64C93D-6A4C-4152-8CC9-43CC53760E77.jpeg
    2D64C93D-6A4C-4152-8CC9-43CC53760E77.jpeg
    708.4 KB · Views: 0
  • E8D27B17-49E9-41FC-A53E-27E7AEBDDF37.jpeg
    E8D27B17-49E9-41FC-A53E-27E7AEBDDF37.jpeg
    676.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #258 of 1,620
Cant wait for your impressions. Can you compare to the legacies?
I have Legacy 3, it’s 2-class different thing, no meaning of comparing IMO.

It’s more relevant to Tea and Blessing2 in overall presentation, Tea has richer midrange, blessing2 and dusk has more musicality in midrange due to 3khz spotlighting, GK10 has better technicalities on upper and lower band of frequencies than those two set. Fairly competitive and depending on what matters the most I think GK10 can be preferred over Tea or Blessing2s

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #259 of 1,620

It’s more relevant to Tea and Blessing2 in overall presentation, Tea has richer midrange, blessing2 and dusk has more musicality in midrange due to 3khz spotlighting, GK10 has better technicalities on upper and lower band of frequencies than those two set. Fairly competitive and depending on what matters the most I think GK10 can be preferred over Tea or Blessing2s

Thats a bold statement for me since I love the Teas. Thanks for the input, really apreciate your opinions. Must get in now 😂

Penon is trying to short of my shipment yet..

Jul 28, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #260 of 1,620

Maybe you could gives an example with songs,
like, if you like this song you might prefer this one, but it with the caveat of more fatiguing treble or something,
with exact song time stamp why you prefer one over the other,

that is why I love @RikudouGoku review style,

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #261 of 1,620
Third day on the GK10. Changed to a £8 NiceHCK 8 core copper 4.4mm with Spiral Dots.....to test. Smooths the sound out, a little less detail but tons of atmosphere. Listening to Tom Petty, Trip to Pirates Cove, makes me want to get on the road to nowhere. Listening to the following great master brings back memories of journeys in India and Nepal.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #262 of 1,620
Third day on the GK10. Changed to a £8 NiceHCK 8 core copper 4.4mm with Spiral Dots.....to test. Smooths the sound out, a little less detail but tons of atmosphere. Listening to Tom Petty, Trip to Pirates Cove, makes me want to get on the road to nowhere. Listening to the following great master brings back memories of journeys in India and Nepal.

And on the Eighth Day...The Creator bestowed upon the Audiophile Fraternity: "A gift for The GEEKS who henceforth will inherit the WOLD.....The TEN commandments - now magically unified into High-End.....(and may he smite down any naysayers: armed with futile HBB (OCD) FR graphs!)....Choo..Choo !! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #263 of 1,620
If there's one negative I'd say about the GK10 so far, it'd be that it's so ADDICTIVE that you don't want to stop listening-- so it uses up a lot of my time. 😁

I will admit that the 9kHz spike creates such air and detail that a perception could be considered as "fatiguing" in the sense that your mind is always straining to hear those nuanced details. As in contrast to a "boring" tuning where you can just relax and listen to background music.
... Hopefully everyone can understand what I just stated and it isn't misconstrued.

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #264 of 1,620
And on the Eighth Day...The Creator bestowed upon the Audiophile Fraternity: "A gift for The GEEKS who henceforth will inherit the WOLD.....The TEN commandments now magically unified into High- End.....(and may he smite down any naysayers! armed with futile HBB (OCD) FR graphs! )....Choo..Choo !! :beerchug:
Hello there,
want to make your day even better?
listen to the wold with this songs,

Screenshot_20210728-205855513 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20210728-205345007_1.jpg
Screenshot_20210728-210814103 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20210728-210852303 (1).jpg
Screenshot_20210728-210753274 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #265 of 1,620
If there's one negative I'd say about the GK10 so far, it'd be that it's so ADDICTIVE that you don't want to stop listening-- so it uses up a lot of my time. 😁

I will admit that the 9kHz spike creates such air and detail that a perception could be considered as "fatiguing" in the sense that your mind is always straining to hear those nuanced details. As in contrast to a "boring" tuning where you can just relax and listen to background music.
... Hopefully everyone can understand what I just stated and it isn't misconstrued.
I know you just got them. I would advise some burn in.. Smooths out them treble notes. Sound gets better as they age.
plus them titanium and graphene dynamics need it.

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #266 of 1,620
Oh, I'm sure that's the case! I don't find the treble annoying, harsh or grating even now in the early stages -- Just that the details are so prevalent that the music keeps your undivided attention and it'd be hard to fall asleep to!
And the bass is already getting better with much more energy and speed!

Dsnuts, this is an amazing find at this price. Thank you for letting us know about it.

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #267 of 1,620
Oh, I'm sure that's the case! I don't find the treble annoying, harsh or grating even now in the early stages -- Just that the details are so prevalent that the music keeps your undivided attention and it'd be hard to fall asleep to!
And the bass is already getting better with much more energy and speed!

Dsnuts, this is an amazing find at this price. Thank you for letting us know about it.
I couldn't agree more....whole(TWO)heartedly !! 😍

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #268 of 1,620
Don't thank me. Thank the Geek folks and Penon for introducing these.

These earphones have set a clear bar in what you can get at this price. That is good news as other manufactures are gonna take notice. Standard cheap fi just wont cut it any more.

I am gonna predict there will be many others that will try to capture what these guys have done. It is all about the competition. You aren't gonna compete if you don't do one better. Though that is a tall order but I am gonna guess the industry in China will clearly try to duplicate the success of the GK10..

It is selling at a break neck speed right now.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #269 of 1,620

Totl'y understand...it's tough sometimes to articulate - we require almost new superlatives to convey exactly what be think - wonderment of what we're experiencing on a visceral level - seems kind of ineffable to describe.....the "Wold Of Wonder"...indeed induces wonderful binaural details - conducive to endless sonic journeys!

Jul 28, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #270 of 1,620
Don't thank me. Thank the Geek folks.

These earphones have set a clear bar in what you can get at this price. That is good news as other manufactures are gonna take notice. Standard cheap fi just wont cut it any more.

I am gonna predict there will be many others that will try to capture what these guys have done. It is all about the competition. You aren't gonna compete if you don't do one better. Though that is a tall order but I am gonna guess the industry in China will clearly try to duplicate the success of the GK10..

It is selling at a break neck speed right now.
Any idea if this is also popular in China?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back