Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 29, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #316 of 1,620
20210729_092853.jpg

My green ones are in. I think the wood looks gorgeous, the fit is great (using Spiral Dot++ tips). Not going into great detail about the sound because I have not listened much, burned in and haven't compared to anything at all.
Also I am NOT a reviewer who has very good ear for detail, I am a consumer who shares a semi-informed opinion. All I will say is that OOTB they sound good, not yet blown away and I do think I hear some elevated mid-bass, though I would expect more if I were to go by the FR graph. Snares hit good, bass rumble is present but less than the for instance the FH3. I have heard some things that sounded quite repressed and unnatural, but I haven't compared them and not burned in, so take it with a grain of salt. Detail retrieval seems to be good.
I will run them off my phone the whole day and night and pop them in my ears every now and then, but won't start comparing until tomorrow.

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #317 of 1,620
20210729_092853.jpg
My green ones are in. I think the wood looks gorgeous, the fit is great (using Spiral Dot++ tips). Not going into great detail about the sound because I have not listened much, burned in and haven't compared to anything at all.
Also I am NOT a reviewer who has very good ear for detail, I am a consumer who shares a semi-informed opinion. All I will say is that OOTB they sound good, not yet blown away and I do think I hear some elevated mid-bass, though I would expect more if I were to go by the FR graph. Snares hit good, bass rumble is present but less than the for instance the FH3. I have heard some things that sounded quite repressed and unnatural, but I haven't compared them and not burned in, so take it with a grain of salt. Detail retrieval seems to be good.
I will run them off my phone the whole day and night and pop them in my ears every now and then, but won't start comparing until tomorrow.
I think you need to allow for the stage to open up - which it does fairly quickly...then the 3D spherical imaging really kicks in. Green look awesome...I have Red & awaiting my Blue set to be shipped soon...enjoy :)

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #318 of 1,620
I think you need to allow for the stage to open up - which it does fairly quickly...then the 3D spherical imaging really kicks in. Green look awesome...I have Red & awaiting my Blue set to be shipped soon...enjoy :)
Will do, and I will also tip-roll. I switched to the CP100 and I feel this is an improvement. Once I have them running for longer and compared them, I will either post my thoughts here or write a review :).

Jul 29, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #319 of 1,620
Will do, and I will also tip-roll. I switched to the CP100 and I feel this is an improvement. Once I have them running for longer and compared them, I will either post my thoughts here or write a review :).

Spinfit gang rise uuuup!

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #320 of 1,620
I'm hoping to get green. I ordered when the original (blue) was available. After a few days, I got a message saying they were out of blue, but they had wood, green or red. I wrote back saying send the wood. The next message was that they were out of wood and they only had red or "grab bag" which were some one colored units and they would pick at random. Due to time differences, note that every reply and response was about 12 hours in between. I really didn't want red (sorry), and I wasn't sure about a grab bag, so I just told them to cancel the order and refund my money. The next day (about 5 days since their first message, and nine days since my order), I got a message saying they had found a green and asking if I wanted it. Again with a 12 hour delay, I said "OK send the Green". The next morning, I received a message saying "OK". I now have an package on the way, but it's anybody's guess as to what color it may be. With my luck, it will probably be red!
I ordered blue, but got orange with some green. I actually like the colour I got better than the blue pictured, but since I really don't like the look of the shells at all, the colour is mostly immaterial in my case.
The shells do fit my ears very well though (I know this will be different for everyones ears, but still worth mentioning I think)

Jul 29, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #322 of 1,620
It seems that this new thread is being undermined. Sad that someone has such a chip on his shoulders. With so many people enjoying the GK10 it is clear that this IEM is exceptional for the price. In Buddhism we have 'Joy for Others', Mudita (Sanskrit). To get pleasure from seeing others happy. Seems that someone has the opposite view.
Schadenfreude alert!!

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #323 of 1,620
Don't entertain anyone who only wants to waste your time.

Lets get back on topic.

Do any owners appreciate the GK10 performing especially well with certain genres?

I'm actually finding it manages nearly all of my library really well, including metal which seems to be a challenge for most of my IEMs / earbuds.

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #324 of 1,620
It seems that this new thread is being undermined. Sad that someone has such a chip on his shoulders. With so many people enjoying the GK10 it is clear that this IEM is exceptional for the price. In Buddhism we have 'Joy for Others', Mudita (Sanskrit). To get pleasure from seeing others happy. Seems that someone has the opposite view.
"In Buddhism we have: 'Joy for Others', Mudita (Sanskrit)".....I'll second this sentiment Steve! ...btw I'm beginning classes in Kundalini Yoga locally in September - regarding realigning of The Chakras....have you any book or video suggestions for me to consult?? Cheers pal! :)

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #326 of 1,620
"In Buddhism we have: 'Joy for Others', Mudita (Sanskrit)".....I'll second this sentiment Steve! ...btw I'm beginning classes in Kundalini Yoga locally in September - regarding realigning of The Chakras....have you any book or video suggestions for me to consult?? Cheers pal! :)
Since these things are very much into the fabric of my culture, my 2 cents would be that many book authors and gurus themselves don't have 100% knowledge about these stuff as it is not at all easy to do these things in limited period of time. It took yogis decades to achieve alignment of chakras and achieve good physical and mental well-being. The best and quickest way to do this would be to join tutelage of a proper guru and gradually witness changes.

No offense meant, appreciate that many in the West are adopting this beautiful lifestyle. But as a word of caution to those who genuinely want to practice this. And sorry, for OT.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #327 of 1,620
Since these things are very much into the fabric of my culture, my 2 cents would be that many book authors and gurus themselves don't have 100% knowledge about these stuff as it is not at all easy to do these things in limited period of time. It took yogis decades to achieve alignment of chakras and achieve good physical and mental well-being. The best and quickest way to do this would be to join tutelage of a proper guru and gradually witness changes.

No offense meant, appreciate that many in the West are adopting this beautiful lifestyle. But as a word of caution to those who genuinely want to practice this. And sorry, for OT.
No offense taken whatsoever...thanks for your useful, enlightening comment....maybe other less insightful members, could replicate your thoughtful, respectful reply?!

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #328 of 1,620
Just ordered GK3 ($22) from Penon. Noticed it’s 3DD😁 Interested to see how Geek Wold could tune their 3DD!
Also getting one :) I found one used for $12 including shipping. Just couldn't resist..

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #329 of 1,620
1627558734642.png

Accordingly to FR graph, GK3 is not that special. It tends to be an another toy for the collection purposes, or just a way to support geeks. Depends on a viewpoint.
I'd not expect much from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back