Geek Wold Discussion
Jul 29, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #346 of 1,620
I think I would pretty much agree with ian91. I would say that the Isa is a bit more refined, mature, SET amp like. I would tend to use Isa for vocal, accoustic. Love the GK10 for rock.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #347 of 1,620
Happy to chip in here too...

Isabellae: subtle subbass, good midbass impact, slight warm leaning, generally more forward and drier presentation especially with vocals, more solid note weight, exciting uppermids/lower treble, great coherency (obviously) and instrument separation
GK10: more palpable subbass, mids (and vocals) more neutral in the mix, more spherical stage with better layering, greater transparency, temperature is warmer than Isabellae, air is more palpable, coherency is on par.

Isabellae is my choice for music where guitar and vocal work is center stage and intimacy is important and for Jazz and world music. It balances detail and warmth really, really well.

GK10 is my go-to for electronic, ambient, soundscape; anything that relies upon layering/staging/imaging/dynamics and air.

Having said all of this, if I could only take one IEM on a trip, it would be the GK10 as I feel it manages more of my library and does it more to my tastes than Isa.
Great summary! And well agreed that the essence of GK10 is Staging, imaging, dynamics and last but not least airy atmosphere👍

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #348 of 1,620
I think I would pretty much agree with ian91. I would say that the Isa is a bit more refined, mature. I would tend to use Isa for vocal, accoustic. Love the GK10 for rock.
If you like listening to rapid double pedals though, Isa to me sounds incredible. Given its single DD is basically a mini kickdrum after all

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #350 of 1,620
Thanks Joe...it was well overdue - this thread has been really conducive in informing members regarding all things: GK10...tbh I've never experienced anyone so widely
insulting as he was...good riddance I say !!
It's easy to slay negative trolls, but maybe some (pointing no fingers) should consider not troll feeding or positive trolling, then mod intervention wouldn't be required.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #351 of 1,620
It's easy to slay negative trolls, but maybe some (pointing no fingers) should consider not troll feeding or positive trolling, then mod intervention wouldn't be required.
Good point...however ignoring him was proving to be very difficult - as with each post he became increasingly more obnoxious and insulting...now we can move on...

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #352 of 1,620
Ali have agreed to give me a refund for my 1st attempt at the GK10 (screen protectors arrived rather than earphones). Thanks to excellent support from the @Penon customer service team we were able to prove the shipping company was at fault and smoothly resolve.

Looking forward to my second attempt arriving in the next week or so.

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #353 of 1,620
Here is some nitpick notes based on an observation of GK10 vs Softears RSV:

Resolution:
RSV has better defining capacity although there is only one Softears Custom-HI BA driver handling the treble, GK10’s resolution is not far behind due to a 9k elevation which is a bright coloring compared to perceived neutral RSV

Image plotting accuracy / coordinate positioning coherence:
GK10 has unique field of array which makes a good reverb effect toward forward direction with piezo + BA, and graphene mid-DD surrounding the field, however the vocal positioning region is a bit restrained in forward array, it’s musically very nice tuning, but when compared to RSV, GK10 handles vocal with priority of musicality than positional accuracy. Long story short, the staging is very entertaining but not studio monitor like precisely accurate.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #354 of 1,620
Very useful and effective technique that has been verified over maturing of online forum👍

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #355 of 1,620
If you like listening to rapid double pedals though, Isa to me sounds incredible. Given its single DD is basically a mini kickdrum after all

Agree with you here, the DD in Isa, despite it's gentile bass tuning packs such a solid impact!

What I think I'm enjoying with metal from the GK10 is the less forward vocal presentation and more treble extension. The titanium coated DD is no slouch either, the stage it creates with its bass presentation is very large once it's opened up.

Jul 30, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #356 of 1,620
I think I would pretty much agree with ian91. I would say that the Isa is a bit more refined, mature, SET amp like. I would tend to use Isa for vocal, accoustic. Love the GK10 for rock.
I've decided to buy the Oriolus Isabellae in two months time (- when I can afford them)....they look gorgeous! What in your opinion should I expect over say the GK10's..in respect of 3D holophonic stage / "Air" ...Bass/Sub-bass / Mid-Range / Timbre etc ??...@Rockwell75 states in his review that the set has: "Intimate staging (both a pro and a con depending on who you ask")....which is exactly how I feel about the Geeks stage!...so your input would be cool thanks...

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #357 of 1,620
_DSC2188.jpg

Currently writing a review for an op-amp for my Little Dot 1+ and thought I'd put down the overears and plug in the GK10...

One things for sure, it's not the most sensitive IEM ever made. I am using an impedance adapter to lower occasional noise (from the amp), but still it handles this amplifier like a champ. The warmth and stage from the tubes and the dimension and dynamics from the op amp make the GK10 a pleasure to listen to.

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #359 of 1,620
My order is placed. Now the waiting game begins...

Welcome to the fold...of the Geek Wold....

Pretty confident you won't regret the purchase! From what I remember from the Tea (my first hybrid IEM), which I definitely enjoyed, I would take the GK10, based on its tuning and its technicalities that both suit me alot better.

Jul 30, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #360 of 1,620
Welcome to the fold...of the Geek Wold....

Pretty confident you won't regret the purchase! From what I remember from the Tea (my first hybrid IEM), which I definitely enjoyed, I would take the GK10, based on its tuning and its technicalities that both suit me alot better.

Well, you're not the first to tell me that, still being sceptic about that statement but if they are, Ill be very happy! Hope you're right :)

I'm more worried about what Land did to my hears. Cant seem to enjoy other gear as much now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back